Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    How do you watch this garbage? This is brain-rotting, on par with daytime and reality television.
    I'm not a fan but I wouldn't say it is as bad as reality tv...at least they're playing a role...reality tv is basically someone trying to play normal when they so obviously aren't.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Do you think the writing/story telling in the show is better than GRRM's writing/story telling?
    Of course not. But it's not horrible either, even comparatively. I think a lot of the derision about the show's writing is your typical "fan boy" crap where people are whining about the direction the show's taken rather than any actual substantive criticism. The only thing worse than bad writing are the imbeciles that bitch about something not being "canon", etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    I'm not a fan but I wouldn't say it is as bad as reality tv...at least they're playing a role...reality tv is basically someone trying to play normal when they so obviously aren't.
    It's a pretty good comparison, though reality TV tends to classify itself as "real life on camera" when it's all staged, etc. The WWE, etc, tend to classify themselves as "sports entertainment". It's, as was mentioned, effectively soap-opera-esque skits with athletes using "wrestling" as a base. Every knows the story lines are fake. And while the "wrestling" isn't competitive and many of the moves aren't "wrestling", the moves themselves are mostly "real" and hurt like hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    the moves themselves are mostly "real" and hurt like hell.
    With chops being the absolute worst. Owwwww!!!

Deleted
    I wonder who really cares about Hulk Hogan and his alikes. After he played thrall for Thiel in the gawker case.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schnulzenbarde View Post
    I wonder who really cares about Hulk Hogan and his alikes. After he played thrall for Thiel in the gawker case.
    Heh. Watch Lucha Underground. They have inter-gender matches quite often and they're much more brutal than WWE. Watched one episode where Jeremiah Crane (AKA Solomon Crow) hit (not sure if it was the slap or kick) Taya (Valkyrie) so hard her fake eyelash came loose. :P
    Last edited by Mistame; 2017-08-11 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gtfo_my_internets View Post
    The entirety of your post, save the last line, is you judging. You're legitimately an idiot.

No offense though...
    None taken.

Anyway I don't mean to derail the thread so feel free to ignore my comments. I will never get it but then again, not everyone likes what I like.
    I'm not really into wrestling, but I definitely respect the wrestlers. Not only are they great athletes, but to maintain character at all times is extremely impressive. Most actors get nervous on stage in front of tens of people. These guys have to remember intricate choreography, while being physically abused, and drop lines after a match. Not to mention actors who stick to character are usually referred to as eccentric at best, these guys are obligated to be in character at all time, so if you are the bad guy, and your biggest fan in the world walks up to you, guess what you get to be...

I might not enjoy wrestling, but God damn do wrestlers get my respect.

Anyway I don't mean to derail the thread so feel free to ignore my comments. I will never get it but then again, not everyone likes what I like.
    I hope you don't like GoT.

How do you watch this garbage? This is brain-rotting, on par with daytime and reality television.
    Meh. It's all about entertainment and it comes in many forms.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    I'm not really into wrestling, but I definitely respect the wrestlers. Not only are they great athletes, but to maintain character at all times is extremely impressive. Most actors get nervous on stage in front of tens of people. These guys have to remember intricate choreography, while being physically abused, and drop lines after a match. Not to mention actors who stick to character are usually referred to as eccentric at best, these guys are obligated to be in character at all time, so if you are the bad guy, and your biggest fan in the world walks up to you, guess what you get to be...

I might not enjoy wrestling, but God damn do wrestlers get my respect.
    haha. nah. wrestlers staying in character is pretty rare nowadays. Once they are outside of the ring almost all of them are just themselves. Sometimes they will stay in character for some interviews, but that "art" is a dying breed. Wrestlers do have my respect as well though. Not a job I'd ever do. Take your first fall (bump) on a mat and I guarantee you people who make fun of it would never again after experiencing it. I have. No thanks. I'll admire it from a far. lol
    Last edited by KCguy; 2017-08-11 at 09:29 PM.

Maybe it reminds them of their shitty childhood? Catering to the lowest common denominator
    If it worked for Shakespeare...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Of course not. But it's not horrible either, even comparatively. I think a lot of the derision about the show's writing is your typical "fan boy" crap where people are whining about the direction the show's taken rather than any actual substantive criticism. The only thing worse than bad writing are the imbeciles that bitch about something not being "canon", etc.

It's a pretty good comparison, though reality TV tends to classify itself as "real life on camera" when it's all staged, etc. The WWE, etc, tend to classify themselves as "sports entertainment". It's, as was mentioned, effectively soap-opera-esque skits with athletes using "wrestling" as a base. Every knows the story lines are fake. And while the "wrestling" isn't competitive and many of the moves aren't "wrestling", the moves themselves are mostly "real" and hurt like hell.
    I just think reality tv is easily the lowest form of *entertainment* on the planet...I don't think professional wrestling deserves that label.