Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    No, because my friends and family lives there.

Won't happen. Congress has control and they aren't going to let some man-child whine and cry to distract from what's really going on; Mueller's investigation.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Would be really disappointing if Kim didn't use any.
    How? How could that possibly be a disappointment?

If things were to go south, his extremely limited arsenal would be disabled rather quickly, and it would 99.99% probably be conventional warfare, with conventional munitions.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schnulzenbarde View Post
    It is more likeky to go this way:

Sadly enough

What second war? Ending the one from decades ago would go a long to paving the way towards peace for a very long time in asia.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    This, but the biggest reason the carrot king wants war right now is to distract the populace from his failure to get anything done in his first year.
    Same problem Obama had and that's a dysfunctional congress. They move like molasses also to get anything done. They need that same neo-liberalist attitude applied to their workplace that they pushed for everyone else to have. That would be less pay and a 2 week vacation at most every year, Not months off every year and president of company level pay.
    Last edited by Barnabas; 2017-08-11 at 08:20 PM.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    This, but the biggest reason the carrot king wants war right now is to distract the populace from his failure to get anything done in his first year.
    Yeah man, i cant believe Trump started this conflict, the Korean peninsula has been a place a peace, freedom, and unicorns for thousands of years, cheetoman is such a piece of shit for instigating this war completely on his own.

Deleted
    A nuclear war would destroy the ecosphere of parts of all surrounding countries, including china and south korea.

And no, Fallout is no computer game in this context.

Those old enough to that actually remember and followed Bush's invasion of Iraq, the rhetoric i'm hearing is disturbingly similar in nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Amalaric View Post
    I think that US troops will conquer North Korea within 30 days and there will be no nukes involved.
    You know, people said the same thing about Iraq and Afghanistan...
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

We're not going to war.

Are there three carrier strike groups off the coast of North Korea yet? Is there a rapid call up of carriers in limited availability? Has the Army started shipping armor to South Korea, by boat, which takes a minimum of two weeks?

No?

We're not going to war.

Deleted
    I think China should handle North Korea. It is in their area of influence.

i despise death, so no.

though i do want to see us shove our fat american dick down china's throat.

Quote Originally Posted by Schnulzenbarde View Post
    A nuclear war would destroy the ecosphere of parts of all surrounding countries, including china and south korea.

And no, Fallout is no computer game in this context.
    Doubt it since there have been nuclear tests for decades now and humans are still here.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    Those old enough to that actually remember and followed Bush's invasion of Iraq, the rhetoric i'm hearing is disturbingly similar in nature.
    No. This isn't like that. This is far stupider. This is an order of magnitude stupider.

In Iraq the fear was that Saddam Hussein would get nuclear weapons some day / before too long. Never mind mate those to a missile. And the US Military spent over 6 months pre-positioning its forces in the Gulf, which is no small ordeal, in case the order was given.

In North Korea, the regime detonated a nuclear device over a decade ago, has been making regular and rapid advances in rocket technology, and miniturizing it, if it has indeed happened, is only a matter of time anyway. So unlike Iraq in 2003, the threat is far more real. But are we pre-positioning forces? Are we calling up reserves? No. We are doing jack shit.

This is a nasty brew of North Korean opportunism / natural technical advancements as the US is in the midst of political flux, and Donald Trump trying to save his failing Presidency that is now suffering FBI early-morning raids.

We are not going to war.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Won't happen. Congress has control and they aren't going to let some man-child whine and cry to distract from what's really going on; Mueller's investigation.
    AFAIK the president has some leeway here and can at least start a war. Congress would have to stop it, but that's unlikely because un-american to backstab your orange hero.

Guess I should stock up on water and spam......

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    You know, people said the same thing about Iraq and Afghanistan...
    Except south korea has a stable non theist based government that the north would likely embrace without too much protest to it.

7+ Year Old Account
    We need the democrats back in power very quickly.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Doubt it since there have been nuclear tests for decades now and humans are still here.
    https://www.ctbto.org/nuclear-testin...clear-testing/

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think that US troops will conquer North Korea within 30 days and there will be no nukes involved.
    Will you be glued to your TV set watching things unfold or just indifferent?
    If you think a war is exciting. Then clearly you are soulless/hearthless and need to be sent upfront to one and see the horrors of it.
    Also. 30 days for a ground war? Go read about how bloody this would turn. Go read on it, watch videos of people with actual military knowledge giving their analysis. One of those videos I recommand: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WyrYBrOC1o

NK would most likely use atomic bombs, if not on US, it would on South Korea.

What I fear of the war is not USA casualties, it's South Koreans and Japan casualties...