Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Before going on a rant against muslims with stories like this it's a good test to replace things like 'hijab' with hat, regular scarf, nun's habit etc... and make sure you'd have the same opinion. Some christian sects have their women cover their head as well. So when you say crazy shit like hijabs and the religion don't belong in the country you're also supporting the ejection of millions of christians.

Its funny how we have to respect them for wearing it , but they don't respect us by removing it.

If i'm in police custody and the police asks me to remove my hat,beanie,sunglasses or any type of headpiece i freaking do what they say out of respect for their job.

The police had the right to remove it by force if she refused, if you are in custody by the law your religion doesn't count anymore.

Its because people like her multiculturing is failing.

You could probably set a precedent if arrested Jews have had their little hats removed as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    Those freedoms are not without restrictions and limits.
    All constitutional amendments have restrictions and limits...

Except the second.

God help us if the muslims ever form a well regulated militia.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Before going on a rant against muslims with stories like this it's a good test to replace things like 'hijab' with hat, regular scarf, nun's habit etc... and make sure you'd have the same opinion. Some christian sects have their women cover their head as well. So when you say crazy shit like hijabs and the religion don't belong in the country you're also supporting the ejection of millions of christians.
    All of which would also require removal in a jail setting. And without people crying and suing over it.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McTroll View Post
    http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...810-story.html

So what takes precedence? The law, or respect of religion?
    The law always takes precedent over religion. Every religion in existence can go shove it because they are all toxic and they are all stupid for a myriad of reasons, it doesn't matter which cockamamie nonsense you believe in.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Zarupia View Post
    Its funny how we have to respect them for wearing it , but they don't respect us by removing it.

If i'm in police custody and the police asks me to remove my hat,beanie,sunglasses or any type of headpiece i freaking do what they say out of respect for their job.

The police had the right to remove it by force if she refused, if you are in custody by the law your religion doesn't count anymore.

Its because people like her multiculturing is failing.
    But diversity is our strength!

Don't get arrested, and you can wear your sky wizard hat all day.

See that? Easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Baelic View Post
    So then you're ok with them allowing her to keep it on, I'd assume. Considering Freedom of Religion (And Freedom of Expression, for that matter) is part of the law.
    no it needs removed as any other head gear item would.

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Hijab makes it impossible for police to do their job. It should be banned in modern countries. It belongs to backwards religious nutjob countries.
    It fits right in with the US then.

(Infracted)
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2017-08-12 at 08:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutpile View Post
    But diversity is our strength!
    Strength no? We're going back to the medieval age because of people like her.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Are you sure you aren't talking about a burqa? You should be able to completely identify someone wearing a headscarf.
    i think the ears need to be visible for proper identification.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good to see the edge-lord atheist brigade is here; I'm not sure how this discussion could have happened without you.

OT: I'd call this one a toss-up. The police were acting within their duty, but still infringed upon her religion. That much of a settlement seems excessive, but I'm not privvy to all the fine details.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

7+ Year Old Account
    The law trumps religion. Period. And the bit about her husband demanding a female officer to arrest her is pretty stupid. Law enforcement should not be required to cater to religion when doing their job.

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    She was in the right 100%, she deserves that money as well.
    Not really. If procedure requires them to remove hair/head garments, coverings, etc, for booking then they were in the right to do so. If you're under arrest, your religious practices are irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Covfefe View Post
    Good to see the edge-lord atheist brigade is here; I'm not sure how this discussion could have happened without you.
    So actual rational people are now "edgelords"? Brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    no it needs removed as any other head gear item would.
    Exactly it falls in the category of a headpiece and should be seen as a headpiece not as some holy voodoo taliban trinket.

Take solace that of those $85,000, $60,000 went to some lawyer. Only around $25,000 will end up funding terrorism.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-08-11 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by McTroll View Post
    http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...810-story.html

So what takes precedence? The law, or respect of religion?
    The law, always.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Law reigns supreme. If they don't like the Laws of said residence they can feel free to fuck off to somewhere that suits them better.

Sick and tired of religious people feeling they are above certain laws because of "muh religions" and these days it seems like Muslims will kick up a stink at any possible opportunity to get a bit of money out of somewhere through stupid lawsuits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    The law trumps religion. Period. And the bit about her husband demanding a female officer to arrest her is pretty stupid. Law enforcement should not be required to cater to religion when doing their job.

Not really. If procedure requires them to remove hair/head garments, coverings, etc, for booking then they were in the right to do so. If you're under arrest, your religious practices are irrelevant.

So actual rational people are now "edgelords"? Brilliant.
    Disbelieving in a higher power doesn't make a person rational on its own.
    Rational arguments can be made, but merely being an atheist doesn't prove one rational.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    The Law reigns supreme. If they don't like the Laws of said residence they can feel free to fuck off to somewhere that suits them better.

Sick and tired of religious people feeling they are above certain laws because of "muh religions" and these days it seems like Muslims will kick up a stink at any possible opportunity to get a bit of money out of somewhere through stupid lawsuits.
    it really is getting out of hand. the fact that she was awarded money is really sickening.