Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    ok lets say there is 100 white males 20 black males 20 white females 10 black females and 10 gays wanting to take job
    We need to hire 20 people for job. So you basicly saying that we need to hire 4 WM 4 WF 4 BM 4 BF and 4 gays? And that means this is racism against white males because they need to get in that sweet 4% of 100 people, while being gay u need being in 40% of 10 people. Thats a pure example.

This is racist/sexist garbage and needs to end.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schnulzenbarde View Post
    All that matters is the intellectual ability and the interestes for a job in the industry. And not if you are male or female.
    so then why is diversity a need if it brings nothing to the table?
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Because both the market changed and the job wishes. There are many more female talents who are willing to join the industry than ever before. They just need proper education to get a chance.

The market is literally balanced between male and female. And gamers have no unique skin color nowadays.

Great. Instead of hiring people for their experience and abilities, we pick people based on color and genitalia. So progressive. This is not an example of the sexism and racism that people claim to fight against. /endsarcasm In all reality though, when you give special preference to a certain group, you are discriminating against another. It's nonsense.
    Last edited by keyblade01; 2017-08-11 at 11:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Shh, you'll ruin his trolling.

- - - Updated - - -

Because both the market changed and the job wishes. There are many more female talents than ever before. They just need proper education to get a chance.
    If only we had universities who would be willing to admit women and minorities to those programs! Ah, but alas...

I think most people are missing the mark with how they assume this works. It's not that they are comparing a highly qualified male with the right background and experience to a woman that touched a controller once and thinks elves are pretty.

Blizzard will still only consider highly qualified applicants. There isn't some magical formula that says "oh he is a 96% perfect applicant, and she's only an 89% perfect applicant". Blizzard will compare highly qualified applicants and where the hire makes sense, they will increase the number of women and minorities. This isn't about screwing over "the best man for the job".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutpile View Post
    If only we had universities who would be willing to admit women and minorities to those programs! Ah, but alas...
    And you want to tell me everyone in america has the possibility go to a university?

You know, thats exactly the place where blizzard wants to help.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, you know, up to 2004, 2005 game design still was a male domain.

Thats not the case nowadays. We are in a transition phase, and woman and minority ethnicities need all support possible to catch up.

Game design became a mainstream job. You literally have the same amount of male and female gamers. All kind of cultures play computer games, in hundreds of different languages and countries
    Annnnnnnnnnnnnd nothing in the last 10 years has stopped them. Yet they are still at 21%.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Blizzard will compare highly qualified applicants and where the hire makes sense, they will increase the number of women and minorities.
    to do that though they have to consider the persons skin color and gentials in the application process.

That's pretty much textbook racism/sexism
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Game development is a dead end career with no money in it. You only get into game design if you love gaming. You don't go into it to advance.

Want to know why video games have so many bugs and problems? Because Game companies, including Blizzard, can't afford the programmers worth a shit, male or female.

Like not to toot my own horn, but I went to a top 3 Computer Science school. I have my masters. I've been a World of Warcraft guild hardcore raiding guild leader from College to the President day (9 years). But I always chuckle whenever asked if I would work for Blizzard. Anyone with my background is hysterically overqualified. That goes for anyone trained at a non-shit computer science program anywhere in America.

Nah, I'm not against it, but let's not pretend its some great thing. Game development, which is where I got my start many years ago, is a farce of a career path and any self-respecting programmer should be talked out of it.
    It is true that game companies pay very low salaries compared to other fields, but you will find that a LOT of programmers don't value salary that highly... There are tons of people that contribute to open source and they don't get payed for it. There are several highly competent people working on the game industry for a crappy salary because they absolutely love it.

To be honest, it definitely sounds like you are not a programmer, complex systems have complex bugs and if you ever coded a simple game you will notice that they are far more complex than one may think. Also, there are several other factors such as 3rd party libraries conflicts, very tight deadlines and since games do not follow a linear set of actions it is pretty much impossible to test all the paths.
    I may not be an overachiever, but my Druid is richer than half of Venezuela.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

And you want to tell me everyone in america has the possibility go to a university?

You know, thats exactly the place where blizzard wants to help.
    Women and minorities don't have a chance? So it's about money? I guess all white men have plenty of money for college.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm all for equal opportunities, but only if it absolutely means "equal", as in, not going ahead and giving minorities and women positions just to meet quotas versus hiring the right people for the right jobs. The CEO controversy comes to mind... Sure the business has been unfairly male ruled, but wanting to have women CEOs just for the sake of it instead of searching for the best person to manage the company is purely idiotic.

Well... The Google thread was closed. Only makes sense that another be opened so the same mistakes can be posted.

The internet as a whole has learned nothing.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think most people are missing the mark with how they assume this works. It's not that they are comparing a highly qualified male with the right background and experience to a woman that touched a controller once and thinks elves are pretty.

Blizzard will still only consider highly qualified applicants. There isn't some magical formula that says "oh he is a 96% perfect applicant, and she's only an 89% perfect applicant". Blizzard will compare highly qualified applicants and where the hire makes sense, they will increase the number of women and minorities. This isn't about screwing over "the best man for the job".
    That's exactly what it is doing? Because you are saying now if a Guy and a Woman do as well as eachother in the interview, that the Woman/Minority instantly wins. Since you are saying with a 100% passing grade on both parties, the choice falls directly on their race/gender.

Therefore discrimination.

Congratulations, you played yourself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutpile View Post
    Women and minorities don't have a chance? So it's about money? I guess all white men have plenty of money for college.
    No, they are just way longer part of the industry. The market changed comparably recent.

The days where nolifers living at mom were the only gamers are long over. As like game development gaming itself became mainstream.

So there is 2 high spots in company. And there is 3 high educated males and 1 female.
    1) they want divercity and take 1 male and 1 female. Female got 100% chance to get job.
    2) they want real chance to all and dont look at their gender and got 2 random gender people from that 4 people. Female will get that 50% chance to get job like all those 3 males.

Which way it will be?
    Female getting 100% chance to get in just because of gender, or 50% and have equal rights to males?

10+ Year Old Account
    supporting a women and equality oh the crime!!!!! Hang them by the necks those fiends...
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seidhe View Post
    Which way it will be?
    Female getting 100% chance to get in just because of gender, or 50% and have equal rights to males?
    Equality only seems to be an issue in jobs with money/prestige

\Hardly ever hear anyone vouching for more women as porta potty cleaners or in the steel/lumber industry