Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's at the point now where no matter what. war with N.K seems unavoidable. Despite the certainty of casualties on both sides, I can help but think it would be better to have war sooner rather than later to perhaps reduce casualties if war were to occur in 10-15 years. Can anyone not see this guy using nukes as weapons even in his own borders as a weapon if it means hurting S.K and the U.S.A.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh.

Guess I'll have to pack bug spray this deployment.
    Putin khuliyo

Im all like

Last edited by Kellorion; 2017-08-12 at 03:16 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Under the Clinton, Bush, and Obama administrations, not once did we threaten nuclear action. Under Trump, it feels like every Tuesday he makes some comment amounting to a threat to nuke Pyongyang (the civilian death toll and ensuing economic strain on China and South Korea, artillery response aimed at South Korea, and South Korea and China fighting over the land obviously not entering his thought process). Under Obama, we generally treated NK the way it should be treated--the nation-state equivalent of that one kid on the short bus who's always talking shit because he's legitimately too stupid to identify a dangerous situation.
    Have you ever read Douglass MacArthur? He literally wanted to nuke north korea and china and truman had to decide.
    http://www.airspacemag.com/military-...ear-180955324/
    So trump is not new rhetoric.

People like you are the reason why we can't have nice things.

World Wars have been started over far less is what bothers me. It will be intervention of China / Russia that would make things go south, although the almost assured collateral damage of SK/Japan should be enough reason to pump the fucking brakes on all the shit talking (grr trump)

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    though i do want to see us shove our fat american dick down china's throat.
    Daaamn guuuurl hahaha

There is a higher chance to be a war between China and India than one between US and NK. But if there was one, we know the following:

- If NK attacks first China is fucked. Savage gains in influence for the USA. A couple thousand SK dead.
    - If US attacks first, China is in a ??? position. Us = ??????. A couple thousand SK dead.

Nobody involved wants this war. Neither China nor South Korea wants to be riddled with millions of malnourished North Korean refugees that need to be re-educated and reinstated into modern society; North Korea wants to maintain the status quo, and I'd like to think we (the US) don't want to get dragged into yet another pointless and costly military quagmire either. To say nothing of potentially hundreds of thousands of casualties.

While foreign wars tend to be entertainment for the first world, I'm not too thrilled about the prospect of this one.

Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    Daaamn guuuurl hahaha
    i'm just sooo sick of them being unmoving on everything they want(like the one china policy) but then wanting others to be softer on things and usually getting their way.

i want them put in their place, so they know they don't have the power to be so demanding.

i want their attitude broken. everyone else is flexible on shit, they're the only ones rigid as a board.

Deleted
    This is like two retards in a bar saying 'ill fuck you up' and no one ever throws a punch.

So for the above reasons I unironically support NK starting the war. GO kim Go!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Schnulzenbarde View Post
    It is more likeky to go this way:

People should think about not signing up if they don't want to go wage war.

End of the day i think estimates put it if it goes hot at 50k American losses and 4 million South Koreans before NK gets spanked. That isn't counting the loss of life in NK or if Kim goes nuke crazy and tries to level Japan before he goes down.. Sadly it would take the US months to get into a position to counter attack. Likely be weeks before a air campaign starts as the US likes to have two carrier groups in the area before starting and they only have one in the area. We also can't use nukes even if NK does do to China and damage to Korea in general. So no not excited about a possible war that could be one of the worst in modern times in terms of loss of life. I am pissed all the administrations have let it get to this point.

I am. I've been fascinated by defector stories for almost 10 years now. I am very eager to see the regime fall and borders fly open. It is a very dark corner of the earth that looks even worse in contrast to south korea which is booming and westernizing like crazy. I want those people to see the rest of the world. It'll be a long, hateful and bloody road, but it has to happen eventually.

Why would you be "excited" for war?

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I am. I've been fascinated by defector stories for almost 10 years now. I am very eager to see the regime fall and borders fly open. It is a very dark corner of the earth that looks even worse in contrast to south korea which is booming and westernizing like crazy. I want those people to see the rest of the world. It'll be a long, hateful and bloody road, but it has to happen eventually.
    You are assuming many would be left after the war. I doubt there would be as if you think they are starving now wait til a war. Alot are also brainwashed and we could have a situation where willingly and unwillingly the majority of the population is pressed into service.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumred View Post
    You are assuming many would be left after the war. I doubt there would be as if you think they are starving now wait til a war. Alot are also brainwashed and we could have a situation where willingly and unwillingly the majority of the population is pressed into service.
    Many will die yes, but it is inevitable. Rather sooner than later. Also not that many are starving currently, the situation is not nearly as dire as 90s famine that killed millions (by estimation, the nkorean government insists it was only a few hundred thousand). They are all brainwashed indeed, and the integration of the Koreas will be a whole other ordeal that will take many years. It might take an entire generation to breed out the hatred and brainwashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumred View Post
    If it somehow comes to an actual war anything short of killing the vast majority of the leadership more or less immediately is a failure. The objective really shouldn't be to have an actual war that lasts for more than a few hours and even then something awful will likely happen to south Korea in those few hours

Quote Originally Posted by Turkey One View Post
    If it somehow comes to an actual war anything short of killing the vast majority of the leadership more or less immediately is a failure. The objective really shouldn't be to have an actual war that lasts for more than a few hours and even then something awful will likely happen to south Korea in those few hours
    The US military is in no position to do that atm we don't have enough assets to go for a decapitation strike and would likely be ineffective atm. With tensions they way they are i would assume the NK leadership is hunkered down in mountain bunkers and spread out.While NK is outdated by a good bit the sheer numbers they can bring to bare will make the start of this war go in their favor by a mile but in the end they will lose. Unless the US is more prepared than has ever been let on it will be very bad early on. I would say a six months to a year war total.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Which north korea can begin firing at anytime they wish but there will be consequences and if china makes a move for anywhere vietnam will join the koreans and china will get their ass kicked again. Not to mention many other countries in asia region that has issues with chinese expansionism will join so they won't be able to save themselves. It'll be like more disagreements get worked out on the battle field. I think that is mainly what china fears is a result coming out of this if conflict starts.
    I think you got alliances confused here. Vietnam would have no desire or reason to join in any conflict that involves Korea. Korea is quite a ways away from them and they actually a lot of issues with China. If anything they would have nothing to do with anything going on here. Second If China were to get involved I think that saying we would kick their ass again is a bit of a overblown statement.

In the Korean war McArthur had pushed the North Korean army to the border of China. The Chinese invaded and pushed the Americans back to deep into South Korea. The Americans then executed a successful counter attack with an amphibious landing at the now 38th parallel pushing China into a stalemate. Now coming today, we do have a more advanced fighting force but what China lacks in technology they make up with sheer numbers. Largest population in the world and most of their armed forces will fight to the death. Not easy at all.