|
    ->Genocides
    |
    -> Genocides against white people
    |
    -> Genocides against people because they were white
    |
    -> /!\ This folder is empty
    Analyzes answers... subject avoid at all cost to answer a straight question with a straight answer.
    Conclusion....he is a big hypocrite...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dvaz View Post
    tl;dr version

Im insecure.

World Change for me!
    All this tells me you are partially illiterate and/or lazy. I even specified down the line that I am in favor of a meritocracy rather than have gender or race play any kind of role. What I am doing here is merely explaining why there isn't a barrier for entry for women in the game industry, and that much of it is just due to cultural perception and stereotyping.

And sadly the anti-social autistic neckbeard or Mister Socially inept stereotype is something you encounter all too frequently in the game industry, and it happens to put women off from entering it even at the college education stage.
    I've once seen someone rage at someone because they forgot to set the sound channel of one sound effect file, which literally is a 2 second fix.
    I've also seen guys in this curriculum stalk girls to their dorm, wait on the hall to talk to them or obtain their phone numbers without their permission because they never learned the concept of social boundaries. You'd think this would be an isolated incident? No, seen it happen too many times.
    If you're not prepared to deal with those kinds of people on the regular for the length of your education, I don't blame them for not enrolling.

When working in a business, sure, those people get weeded out fairly quickly because nobody wants to work with them. But at that point, it's already a bit too late.
    Last edited by mmocfce925a786; 2017-08-12 at 05:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketbear View Post
    Fairly certain. Try reading again. Decision is not based on sexism, but more so on the negative stigmas attached to the kind of people that enrolled in the game development curriculum, which sadly, was rather justified. Even tho they were a minority overall, the curriculum had a rather high saturation of them compared to the other courses. Stereotypes exist for a reason.

You don't want to know the amount of highschool-esque drama and anti-social behaviour I've witnessed there purely due the fact that a large part of the student body were sheltered hermits for the entirety of their teens.
    Yet you seem to not realize that this not only goes both ways, but that it is only 'fair' to call it sexism in one direction. Funny how this works.

Good for them, hope it works out for them.

I don't really get people getting anal about it. If they're unqualified/untalented then Blizzard's products suffer and their profits suffer and other, better game companies (which presumably don't have these policies) will gain market traction. If it doesn't matter, it doesn't matter.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Let's see if this passes the Google sniff test:

Lookit all that diversity. Meanwhile, what percentage of all individuals actively pursuing game industry careers do females account for? If that number is extremely low, why should there be a demand to statistically over-represent them?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Livnthedream View Post
    Yet you seem to not realize that this not only goes both ways, but that it is only 'fair' to call it sexism in one direction. Funny how this works.
    The thing is, sexism was never a topic or contributing factor in deciding against enrolling in the game development curriculum with the women I spoke. They merely did not feel comfortable having to deal with the stereotypical guys (anti social creepy neckbeards) you tend to encounter in those fields. Which were unfortunately far too frequent. Most of those guys tend to drop out after the first or second year because they simply dont have the motivation or self-discipline tho.
    So you dont tend to find those in the actual industry. But still, if less women enter the curriculum because of it, less women go on to work in the industry.
    Last edited by mmocfce925a786; 2017-08-12 at 05:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    Blizzard is not a company run by idiots , they WILL get more women and minorities but only those who are capable to be a part of the company , they wont hire women etc just cause of their skin color or gender.
    Yep. Funny how this entire trainwreck of a thread pretty much ignores what Blizzard actually said. They said they would be looking at hiring more minorities but without going into quotas or anything. Not that guys would be shown the door immediately just because they have a penis.

But hey, let's not let their words get in the way of some good old victim complex.

The thing is, sexism was never a topic or contributing factor in deciding against enrolling in the game development curriculum with the women I spoke. They merely did not feel comfortable having to deal with the stereotypical guys (anti social creepy neckbeards) you tend to encounter in those fields. Which were unfortunately far too frequent. Most of those guys tend to drop out after the first or second year because they simply dont have the motivation or self-discipline tho.
    Oh, so they were like this:

I mean that TOTALLY makes it better!

Deleted
    I don't think anyone has anything against women, minorities, or anyone else - as long as they are qualified.

That seems to be something that "diversity for the sake of diversity" nutjobs always forget.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Livnthedream View Post
    Oh, so they were like this:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DGv6N3aXkAA-zRD.jpg

I mean that TOTALLY makes it better!
    You have extremists everywhere. I don't share her opinion on the matter, but I can absolutely verify that at least in the College/University stage, there tends to be a higher saturation of those "socially stunted, inexperienced, kissless virgins" compared to other fields, and as it happens, this reputation does repel women from even enrolling.

In the actual game industry however, those socially inept people tend to be quite rare, at least from my experience working in Europe.
    Last edited by mmocfce925a786; 2017-08-12 at 05:33 AM.

You have extremists everywhere. I don't share her opinion on the matter, but I can absolutely verify that at least in the College/University stage, there tends to be a higher saturation of those "socially stunted, inexperienced, kissless virgins" compared to other fields, and as it happens, this reputation does repel women from even enrolling.
    I guess we should ban these people from unis and colleges

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Let's say there was a state in America called Sparta, and the majority of the members of the military were people from Sparta. This was because people in Sparta were trained from birth to be soldiers, and they were therefore more skilled.
    Let me tell you a real story about the military in a country called US. The military did have very strange idea, that dark skin color did make you automatically cowardly and stupid, hence it was dominated by peopel who did have light skin color, and peopel who did have dark was delegated to non-combat roles.

Then it change, to judge a persons courage and intelligence by skin color was a stupid idea, so the military did go "color blind" and courage and intelligence was based on the persons action not the color of his skin. It was a great success peopel of all skin variants was represented in all different positions. The light skin did have no probelm to take order form a dark skin becuse they did know that the person have earned his postion. Dark skin loved the military becuse they can make a career becuse of there action and not inhibited by the wrong skin color.

We have a parallel history, The military did have very strange idea, that femal genitalia did make you automatically weak hence it was dominated by peopel who did have male genitalia, and peopel who did have female genitalia was delegated to non-combat roles. Insted of go "gender blind" and let peopel who did have female genitalia rise or fall depending on there action, start to favor female genitalia......it created animosity becuse they did not earn there postion, and peopel who did have female genitalia and whose actions made them deserve there postion, hated it becsue it devalue there accomplishment.

just my 2 cents but i honestly dont care who makes the game as long as they dont screw it up it could be 100 monkeys on 100 typewriters for all i care as long as they make a good product

Deleted
    So you dont tend to find those in the actual industry. But still, if less women enter the curriculum because of it, less women go on to work in the industry.
    Oh sexism is contributing towards this, it is just that the sexism comes from the female side.

Equal opportunity. If person A is more qualified than person B, person A gets the preference. Beyond that, little else matters. You start to bitch about what race, gender, etc. either A or B are, then the concept of equal opportunity crumbles.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

In the actual game industry however, those socially inept people tend to be quite rare, at least from my experience working in Europe.
    My god...that woman sounds awful, and bitter as hell...what's wrong with being a socially stunted, inexperienced, kissless virgin?
    That's one woman i'd advise against hiring...

Where are all the women fighting to get jobs in construction, roadwork, sewage disposal or trash collection? Funny how they only want mandatory female quotas in high paying cushy jobs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    I guess we should ban these people from unis and colleges
    Those people tend to learn and integrate sooner rather than later anyways. The thing is that this is just a side effect of those people having limited social exposure. They dont know what is socially acceptable.

If you want to get more women (and as a result, less of those "socially stunted" individuals), you need to stimulate and encourage them entering those fields of interest in the first place. The more popular IT, Gaming, etc becomes with the female demographic of an early age, the sooner/more those potentially "socially stunted" people get accustomed to dealing with women.
    This is largely due to how computers and tech in general has been marketed towards the male demographic.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukario View Post
    My god...that woman sounds awful, and bitter as hell...what's wrong with being a socially stunted, inexperienced, kissless virgin?
    That's one woman i'd advise against hiring...
    I agree, I'd hate to work with her, and would never hire her. But I can also understand where she is coming from to a certain degree.

Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    Oh sexism is contributing towards this, it is just that the sexism comes from the female side.
    There is a difference between being sexist and preferring not to deal with people with certain kinds of behaviourism or attitudes.
    There are plenty of women who are just as socially inept as the stereotypical neckbeard who exhibit same stalker-ish tendencies, and I avoid dealing with those as well. Doesn't mean I am sexist towards women. I just don't like dealing with those kinds of people in general.
    Last edited by mmocfce925a786; 2017-08-12 at 05:59 AM.

Deleted
    Stupidity of SJW is infinite. They are the racist, genderist (is there such word?) bigots. Giving priority based on gender or race is opposite of equal opportunity.

Why aren't they fighting for similar "equality" in areas where there are more women? Have it occurred to them that it might be women are simply not interested in tech stuff, just like men are not interested in medical areas?

Equal opportunity already exists. There are fewer women in tech not because of some conspiracy that SJW are trying to correct, but because woman are less interested in it than men. Genders aren't equal, men and women don't think identically and don't always prefer same things, its biology.

Quote Originally Posted by Uoyredrum View Post
    1. What data do you have showing that employment in this industry was even between both genders prior to the 80s?

2. I'm not assuming that. I'm saying that hiring people based on their gender and not their merit is bullshit, regardless of the industry. When you try so hard to be inclusive that you're pushing away qualified candidates, you're trying way too hard to pander to SJW nonsense. I have no problem with women in the gaming industry. I have a problem with employers hiring people based on their gender.
    1. Right here, fam.
    2. The bolded right here. You're making that assumption again.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.