Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Don't be too surprised if they accompany this by another talent simplification.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, that was basically MoP. Dumb idea.
    but MoP had the best LFR...

LFR is fine as is, I like being able to afk as a tank

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MFDOOM View Post
    By "increase the difficulty", you mean revert to Mists of Pandaria LFR difficulty? I remember when Garrosh LFR required 10 stacks of determination. The fact is, no one tries in LFR. You're not going to get more than 3 geared people per LFR group that actually care enough to carry the people who are AFK or just inexcusably terrible at the game.

If there's a false sense of accomplishment by running into a wall and dying until you get enough determination stacks to beat that wall, then so be it. LFR loot is only good for trinkets or lucky rerolls. Gold or augment runes are a waste of time from LFR. There's always far more lucrative and efficient ways to earn more money for less time, and just buy the augment runes. The only way to seriously play LFR is to be mostly AFK while doing homework or watching a show. Otherwise, there's no point.
    A lot of that is due to the fact that Blizzard made LFR easier in Warlords of Draenor and at the same time lowered the quality of gear that dropped. They reverted the gear in Legion but really haven't changed the difficulty until the last 3 bosses of ToS.

I think it's pretty stupid to change the difficulty mid tier though with no heads up to the players. Especially Kil'jaeden.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    And I say awesome, some challenge to LFR is great.

(The quote in the title is from the Q&A on the home page)

Hope they start releasing it alongside NM or at lease Mythic.
    Hey look at that, another LFR whine thread. How new and refreshing.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It isn't apples to oranges and it worked just fine in Cata. Dungeons was still getting cleared, The issue is blizzard listened to the vocal minority on the forums.
    It did not work fine during Cata. It was an outright disaster and no, it wasn't a vocal minority, it was the vast majority.

But yeah sure, if you want to be delusional about the facts, I guess I can understand why you think there is no reasonable WoW can't have challenging queuable content....

Honestly, I enjoy LFR for my alts. That way I can experience fights I already know from a different perspective.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    What this game needs, most definitely, is more difficulty levels.
    - Story Mode
    - LFR
    - Pre-normal
    - Normal
    - Normal + 1
    - Pre-heroic
    - Heroic
    - Heroic +1
    - Pre-mythic
    - Mythic
    - Mythic +1
    - Survival
    /sarcasm

Based on when I last played the game, Sept '15, I was thinking the following two changes should be made:
    1. LFR should be pure story mode, as it, essentially, was first disclosed to be.
    2. Normal mode raids should have the same queuing system as LFR and 5man normal/heroics.

Based on current discussions about normal and LFR, seems the above two thoughts are still appropriate.
    what happened, why was it Sept 15 since you last played?

You missed out.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    what happened, why was it Sept 15 since you last played?

You missed out.
    You sent me a PM back in June asking the same question. If you didn't already delete it, check your inbox for a response from me : dated 6/23/2017.

So I'm going to be stuck with the same mouthbreathers every week, for the same rewards, but the fights will be harder? Yeah that sounds like a really good use of my time.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Uh-huh, there's one issue though, many people don't care about getting better.
    Humanity 101

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post
    This won't last, people need to move on to do Normal difficulty.
    LFR has ALWAYS in my book, been intro level for raiding. So, would be the point.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    The only thing I hate in lfr is the fact that SO many players just afk/autohit on bosses and there is no way to punish those. They are so many that votekick rarely works. Boss HP are busted in lfr, thus making it take longer than even most mythic bosses with the cause simply being people underperforming by either not performing at all or doing almost nothing. If you look at acrivity in lfr fights, you rarely see an average of even 75% or more.

The best way to "fix" lfr would be, to simply automatically remove people who do not properly distribute to a fight (or multiple fights). Example would be, if you die in the first minute of a fight, the system remembers that. If you die again in a similar fashion on another lfr-boss, the system waits some time to check if it is just a wipe, then removes that person (=BEFORE fight is over) and gives the desserter debuff. Similar punishment if the system seens regular inactivity or low activity.

So summed up, you could still occasionally go afk to do more important lfr stuff, but if you do it regularly you get harsher and harsher punishments, with the first option always being removed from the group so it does not ruin the gameplay for the rest.

now THAT would be awesome. If this happened I would do lfr way more often because in theory, it is actually fun to do the bosses in a more chilled version with twinks instead of always just doing stuff on mythic and having to watch out for just about anything remotely close to the boss sneezing

Quote Originally Posted by Silvator View Post
    The only thing I hate in lfr is the fact that SO many players just afk/autohit on bosses and there is no way to punish those. They are so many that votekick rarely works. Boss HP are busted in lfr, thus making it take longer than even most mythic bosses with the cause simply being people underperforming by either not performing at all or doing almost nothing. If you look at acrivity in lfr fights, you rarely see an average of even 75% or more.

The best way to "fix" lfr would be, to simply automatically remove people who do not properly distribute to a fight (or multiple fights). Example would be, if you die in the first minute of a fight, the system remembers that. If you die again in a similar fashion on another lfr-boss, the system waits some time to check if it is just a wipe, then removes that person (=BEFORE fight is over) and gives the desserter debuff. Similar punishment if the system seens regular inactivity or low activity.

So summed up, you could still occasionally go afk to do more important lfr stuff, but if you do it regularly you get harsher and harsher punishments, with the first option always being removed from the group so it does not ruin the gameplay for the rest.

now THAT would be awesome. If this happened I would do lfr way more often because in theory, it is actually fun to do the bosses in a more chilled version with twinks instead of always just doing stuff on mythic and having to watch out for just about anything remotely close to the boss sneezing
    Should implement this in all modes if your aim it to kill off people raiding, it takes actual raiding guilds months to clear normal and heroic modes with hundreds of wipes. Assuming people will only fail once at a mechanic is just laughable. Not everyone raids mythic and clears in 3 weeks, your idea is stupid.

Isn't it true that KJ requires at least some dedication? Asking for a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Yeah my opinion for years: the game desperately needs some kind of system that shows the player that s/he is doing it wrong. You can level to max literally pushing 1 button. There need to be important quest mobs that heal fully if you don't interrupt them, with one shot frontal cleaves, punish standing too near/far etc pp. Automatic messages that pop up after fights "hey there are more skills in your spell book, try some of them".

If a player wants to get better at playing s/he needs to use outside sources. The game should at the very least point to them if it isn't pointing out you play badly.

The earliest a player pushing 1 button now will get told that's not enough is in dungeons, and that feedback probably istn't very nice in most cases.
    I stopped reading here.

But thats the whole issue.People just dont care to learn to get better.I personally know people that dont want to get better,they are happy with how they play and how LFR is giving them loot for not doing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    LFR has ALWAYS in my book, been intro level for raiding. So, would be the point.
    That would be incorrect. Karazhan holds that title.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Before Karazhan, Scholomance and Stratholme were raidable as 10 man raids. UBRS could be entered a 15 man raid. Those were fun times.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    That is incorrect. Karazhan is nothing more than a five man dungeon, you see where I am getting at? When I say intro-level raid, then I mean when Looking For Raid was added, means you achieve equipment that can take you into normal raiding. A full LFR set means you are good for normal. Also reason I have a but of joy when I see people complain about actually having to do something in LFR.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post
    This won't last, people need to move on to do Normal difficulty.
    but people do not want to move to normal - all this will do is make them quit game

this shows how f... retarded Ion is as dev - i wonder which moron decided thatits good idea to make lawyer a lead game dev -_-

- - - Updated - - -

Personally I am fine with that because with enough wipes people will learn or leave.
    and the outcome is they will leave and stop doin it

tbh i dont mind - maybe once the revenue from casuals stop flowing and devs cut down raid bosses numer to 5-6 per tier people will finally learn how important lfr is to game

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    tbh i dont mind - maybe once the revenue from casuals stop flowing and devs cut down raid bosses numer to 5-6 per tier people will finally learn how important lfr is to game
    Yeah, 90% of the game's revenue going away is like totes gonna achieve just that.