Poll: How did you feel?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

As you foudn out Antorus is responsible for the respawn of demons

How did you feel?

- - - Updated - - -

Why didn't Sargeras just wipe out the demons in the first place instead of joining them? Does Sargeras plan to kill himself should his crusade be successful?

Deleted
    How exactly did the play it: is Antorus *needed* for the demons to respawn and the reason they are doing so, or is it something that only greatly accelerates or facilitates their innate resurrection?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't believe it's said anywhere that it is responsible for the demons re spawning. My understanding is that they always re spawned but utilising Argus' world soul simply accelerates the process making the burning legion essentially infinite.

Could be wrong but I don't think I saw it explicitly written that without Argus they could not re-spawn. If they couldn't why did Sargeras imprison demons before being corrupted rather than simply killing them?

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteEagle888 View Post
    How did you feel?

- - - Updated - - -

Why didn't Sargeras just wipe out the demons in the first place instead of joining them? Does Sargeras plan to kill himself should his crusade be successful?
    He can't destroy the void lords how would his crusade ever end?

where/when did we find this out? reading this the first time.

10+ Year Old Account
    When or where was this found, and if so, wtf with the lack of spoiler tag, mate?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

sargares didnt join the demons, he is using them to fight the void lords
    Be feared, or be fuel

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    When or where was this found, and if so, wtf with the lack of spoiler tag, mate?
    it's from 7.3 Sargeras is using the world soul of Argus to bring back the demons

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Antorus is not responsible for the respawn of demons, it simply makes it far quicker.
    Nice, I like that approach more also.
    But then technically even if we beat the Legion, it's still going to reform albeit much slower, unless Illidan does something unpredictable which prevents that altogether.

His goal was not to destroy the demons - that was just a step along the way. He imprisoned them at first because they respawned otherwise.
    The ultimate goal is the fight against the void lords, and he used the demons as a tool towards that.

Deleted
    How did you feel?

- - - Updated - - -

Step 1: Play wow for a while, act like you know shit

Step 2. Never read anything

Step 3: Start a thread that makes absolutely no sense

I do not enjoy titans. Very disappointed that Argus was yet another titan. Even more disappointed that the demons key feature was the result of Argus titan.

Nice, I like that approach more also.
    But then technically even if we beat the Legion, it's still going to reform albeit much slower, unless Illidan does something unpredictable which prevents that altogether.
    Much of the threat of the Legion comes from them being an organised, inexhaustible force. Without Argus, they'll still come back, but to slowly and randomly to pose a serious threat. Keep in mind that we not only take their rapid resurrection, but also their entire cadre of commanding officers, including the supreme leader, away.

Before, they could regroup and strike again within months, maybe weeks. Now it's going to take decades or centuries.

I think the world soul works more like a catalyst and just speeds up an already occuring process, could be wrong either way I really don't mind Argus being the "fuel" for the armies of the Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    I think the world soul works more like a catalyst and just speeds up an already occuring process, could be wrong either way I really don't mind Argus being the "fuel" for the armies of the Legion.
    It can't be the cause, or Sargeras would have had no reason to imprison the demons before the Legion.

Demons were respawning before Argus, so this does not make sense. Also in case you write about an actual [SPOILER] in the future, do not write it all in the thread title perhaps?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    How exactly did the play it: is Antorus *needed* for the demons to respawn and the reason they are doing so, or is it something that only greatly accelerates or facilitates their innate resurrection?
    As far as I know it's just only an accelerator. Demons spawn naturally in the Twisting Nether but Sargeras is using the power of Argus world soul to keep them 24/7

Deleted
    It's not responsible for their respawn, it's responsible for the faster respawn. Demons respawned even back when Sargeras wasn't one of them, which is why he locked them up in Mardum, which he himself created for that very purpose.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really care, I guess. As Shandalay mentioned, demons were respawning back before Sargeras went nuts--their whole thing where they're an unstoppable, unbeatable, purely-evil force he couldn't put down for good is part of what drove him nuts to begin with, along with seeing what the Void does to world-souls. All Antorus does is let them come back faster so he's able to step up the whole 'wipe out all life so the Void can't corrupt it' routine, suggesting the Void has similarly been stepping it up which would necessitate (in his mind) the whole escalation to begin with.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well he is the reason the Demons have accelerated regenerating.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.