Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Jokes and memes aside, lets get real here.

Will this game in reality ever happen?? I know its been a community demand for many years, but I guess the question is, why hasn't it happened yet?

Is Valve too centered on their media distribution platform to give a damn about creating (or continuing) its own original titles?
    Why bother making games when you can get more money by selling other people games

10+ Year Old Account
    Half Life 3 has become a meme actually, doubt it will ever happend. How supprising that Jaylock for once didin't make troll thread.

When did they last release anything? 2013? And that was Dota2...

We won't ever see an Orange Box 3, there's no way it takes this long to make any of those games into sequels.

As long as there are hats to be made, no, Gabe's fat ass still won't count to 3. If you told me we'd get Dick Kickem Forever and KH3 before HL2E3/HL3 in 2007 I'd call you a liar, but here we are. What a wonderful timeline we live in.
    Last edited by Chinese Bootlickers; 2017-08-12 at 11:59 AM.

Could Half-Life 3 happen at some point in the far (far) future? Quite possibly, but it more than likely won't resemble what anyone might expect from a Half-Life game. It could end up multiplayer based and heavily PvP focused, if that's where Valve is going to make their money.

10+ Year Old Account
    It the current predictions, no, it will never be released. Haha.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure it'll be released when people stop talk about it.

why is half life so loved?

i tried playing it when i was a kid but didnt really notice too much about it? but i didnt really get too far either.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I like to be optimistic. Maybe Valve is waiting for the right technology to arrive - they did that with HL1 and 2.

No it won't players would be disappointed anyway, no matter how "good" it would be. It is deep in memeland now.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    I doubt it, but it does appear they are at least still interested in the Half-Life/Portal universe, as they are, or least were, working on a new IP based on said universe.

However, it's a VR game, but it's still interesting to see there might be some life left on Half-Life (hue hue hue).

http://metro.co.uk/2017/01/18/valve-...ewell-6388165/

Article is from January.
    theyve actually said that theyre making multiple big budget vr titles. thats just one of them.

im curious to see when theyre games come out if they manage to shift a sizable amount of units

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ali725 View Post
    why is half life so loved?

i tried playing it when i was a kid but didnt really notice too much about it? but i didnt really get too far either.
    its kind of like doom where it essentially created the modern fps genre.

if you played it today having played other fps titles it might feel average or like something youve seen before but at the time it had refined fps to a degree we hadnt yet seen before and set the precedence for everyone else to follow
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    would never ever survive the extremely over bloated expectations. If Valve would come to me and ask "hey should we make a half life 3 game?" answer from me would be "no leave it there"

Valve has already announced that they will never return to the world of making games so long as they can turn a profit off of Steam.

So, if we ever do see Half Life 3, it will be made by contractors paid by Valve. It won't be the same game.

7+ Year Old Account
    I have a list of things i waiting for years:

1 - Winds of Winter and A Dream of Spring books.

2 - New System Of A Down album.

3 - Dragon Age MMO.

4 - Half Life 3 and Left4Dead 3

I hope one of my grandchild gets something from this list.

PS I don't expect HL3 but hope Valve some day will tell how story of Gordon Freemen would be end.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i dont get why people say this. it takes them a long fucking time sure, but theyre constantly working on stuff at valve.

right now most of their focus is on building some unannounced triple a vr titles to try and promote the vive
    And none of that stuff is big AAA games, Its small budget shit. Its not a opinion its fact, HL3,P3,LF4D3 isn't going to happen, The only one that could is maybe LF4D3 just so they can sell more hats/skins.

Hell KH3 is coming out before HL3 or the other games, That alone is just fucken amazing.

Valve has no reason to make any big games anymore. They make money hand over fist with steam and there small games.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    They make money hand over fist with steam and there small games.
    Valve could literally get rid of every game except CSGO and Dota 2 on their store front and they would still be making billions a year.

Ain't got time to make games when you just have some intern draw up a new skin that makes you millions.