Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Here is my rating for the game:

Storywise: 8.5/10 Great and unique the way it's delivered it makes you feel for the main character.

Combat system: 8/10 very good it's kinda mix between Dark Souls series and For Honor. Very fun and simple at the same time.

Visuals and atmosphere: 10/10 perfect score for this one for sure. The graphics are super amazing and the atmosphere specially when you wear a headset can indeed make you goospump and panic, very engaging and interesting.

Longevity: 4/10 Unfortunately this is what the game lacking. It is very short you can easily finish it with 7 to 10 hours if it's your first time not talking about speed run or anything like that also the game doesn't have side quests or any optional stuff at all which make it like watching a movie where it's fun and awesome but just a one time thing.

PS4 Pro has a 60FPS option that runs 55-60fps most of the time and at times right at 60fps. PS4Pro with the 60fps off and Base PS4 run around 30-40fps.

60FPS more is the best way to play on console but drops the res down to 900p and it may drop a bit more in more demanding area's. If u lock it on pro to 30fps then its 1080p-1440p.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    "from the creators of DmC Devil May Cry"

Hurm.
    Already 0/10 from me. Those hacks don't deserve work.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    Already 0/10 from me. Those hacks don't deserve work.
    Well that's mature......
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Well that's mature......
    Okay, let's look at their track record: Mediocre games(and that's being nice) with somewhat decent stories(written by outside writers) with the exception of them shitting all over DMC, which had their trademark lacklustre combat, subpar movement, and shit-loads of bugs with a "Shakespearean" story that was a "not even trying to hide it" level blatant rip off of they live.

So yeah, I may have something against a company that routinely produces shoddy work and fucked up so badly that they killed one of my favorite game series.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Okay, let's look at their track record: Mediocre games(and that's being nice) with somewhat decent stories(written by outside writers) with the exception of them shitting all over DMC, which had their trademark lacklustre combat, subpar movement, and shit-loads of bugs with a "Shakespearean" story that was a "not even trying to hide it" level blatant rip off of they live.

So yeah, I may have something against a company that routinely produces shoddy work and fucked up so badly that they killed one of my favorite game series.
    Personally I though DMC was a good game, Shiting on a series is subjective and while I enjoyed the original DMC games it wasn't some holy grail of gaming. Its story was all over the place and by the time DMC 4 hit, It was quite pointless.

Also for the movement, I don't see how it was sub-par and from what I played I didn't deal with any bugs (not saying there wasn't any).

How was the story ripping off anything? It was a reboot of the series.

You want to skip this game by all means that's your choice, But I think your missing out.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-08-12 at 02:57 PM.

You can give it whatever score you want, it doesn't change the fact it's a good game regardless of your childish attitude.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    You can give it whatever score you want, it doesn't change the fact it's a good game regardless of your childish attitude.
    Yeah, lets ask the fans of the actual series what they thought of it? Oh right, they thought they'd succeed completely on new fans and people who fellate their studio's newest release every time... and how'd that work? Oh right, total goddamned failure. They had to bring in another company to do the remaster and it still sucked eggs.

This game could be literally the best game ever made by human hands ever, but I still wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole because of A) their track record of mediocrity and unchecked ego and B) Because I would personally throttle that smug asshole who runs their studio.

Yeah, lets ask the fans of the actual series what they thought of it?
    As a fan of the actual series I thought it was a good game. You keep passing your opinion off as a universal fact and it isn't. Right now it has very positive reviews on steam and high review scores all around the net.

You don't want to play this game then fine that's your choice. But don't judge something before you even looked/played it.

their track record of mediocrity and unchecked ego
    You keep saying track record but only bought up DMC Devil May Cry and what unchecked ego. Also news flash most remasters are done by other company's and not the core team.

You sound like one of those small few people that got upset because of the joke they did in DMC raging on the original character model.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    As a fan of the actual series I thought it was a good game. You keep passing your opinion off as a universal fact and it isn't. Right now it has very positive reviews on steam and high review scores all around the net.

You don't want to play this game then fine that's your choice. But don't judge something before you even looked/played it.

You keep saying track record but only bought up DMC Devil May Cry and what unchecked ego. Also news flash most remasters are done by other company's and not the core team.

You sound like one of those small few people that got upset because of the joke they did in DMC raging on the original character model.
    Did you even pay attention during the run up? Fucker basically told ALL the old fans "we don't want you, we don't need you, we're going to have so many new fans because punk-wanabe donte is going to get us that precious teen edgelord demographic!"

And actually that's a major demographic(AKA the people who propped up the old series.) that he basically flipped off and told to GTFO for about... what a year or three? There were so many opportunities to at least try to win them over instead of guaranteeing that game's utter failure.

The literal nicest thing I can say about it is that it wasn't totally and completely terrible if it was it's own game. But it's the weakest entry in the entire franchise, and I'm including both devil may cry 2 and that cameo in viewtiful joe.

DMC was pretty decent and i will check this for certain.

Did you even pay attention during the run up? Fucker basically told ALL the old fans "we don't want you, we don't need you, we're going to have so many new fans because punk-wanabe donte is going to get us that precious teen edgelord demographic!"

And actually that's a major demographic(AKA the people who propped up the old series.) that he basically flipped off and told to GTFO for about... what a year or three? There were so many opportunities to at least try to win them over instead of guaranteeing that game's utter failure.

The literal nicest thing I can say about it is that it wasn't totally and completely terrible if it was it's own game. But it's the weakest entry in the entire franchise, and I'm including both devil may cry 2 and that cameo in viewtiful joe.
    1) Provide a source of such comments.

2) The only thing I remember is he told the people bitching and moaning about the character change to get over it or don't buy the game (to sum it up) and that he was 100% correct about. People bitching and moaning about the character design needed to get the hell over it. The amount of ranting that came from that was dumb. Even more so when this was a full reboot of the series and not a squeal/preqeal in anyway.

Like I said DMC games (Pre DMC-Devil May Cry) was good games but they was not some holy grail of gaming. The story after the first game was pure shit and the combat barely changed after number 2.

Like I said u want to skip this game because u got a some immature grudge to the dev's by all means go for it. But IMO you are missing out on a good game.

Still waiting on this track record you was talking about because the only example you gave was DMC.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-08-12 at 03:29 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    1) Provide a source of such comments.

2) The only thing I remember is he told the people bitching and moaning about the character change to get over it or don't buy the game (to sum it up) and that he was 100% correct about. People bitching and moaning about the character design needed to get the hell over it. The amount of ranting that came from that was dumb. Even more so when this was a full reboot of the series and not a squeal/preqeal in anyway.

Like I said DMC games (Pre DMC-Devil May Cry) was good games but they was not some holy grail of gaming. The story after the first game was pure shit and the combat barely changed after number 2.

Like I said u want to skip this game because u got a some immature grudge to the dev's by all means go for it. But IMO you are missing out on a good game.

Now I understand that you feel some need to the guy who made a game "edgy" enough for you, kiddo.

"Usually the worst creative crimes are made when you're trying to make a game for someone else - some perceived demographic that, in all likelihood, doesn't actually exist."

"So from that point of view I don't care if it sells a thousand units or two million units."

So from the start, he was not making a devil may cry game. He was making something else, and trying to attach it, like a parasitic growth. And like any unchecked parasitism, it killed the host.

Now I understand that you feel some need to the guy who made a game "edgy" enough for you, kiddo.
    ....Kiddo...really.

Ya this conversation is done, I have said all I wanted to say anyway. There is no point in keeping this up any longer with someone like you.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-08-12 at 04:03 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    ....Kiddo...really.

Ya this conversation is done, I have said all I wanted to say anyway. There is no point in keeping this up any longer when someone like you.
    When someone like me what? Maybe try using full words to articulate your point.

I have valid points for disliking the entire studio, their work is shoddy, their lead is a horse's ass, and they believe themselves to be far more than they are.

Can't afford both games but was considering either this or Nioh. Any advice ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Ok, so i'll wait for a sale. I'm not questioning the game quality as i've seen it's just something i have definitely to play, but full price plus bogus pc (which i'm going to upgrade next february or so) doesn't make the deal for me right now.

Added to wishlist and will look forward to play it the way it's intended to.
    "full price" in this case is 30 dollars. People are saying that this may be the game that brings AA games back, but yeah it isn't a full priced 60 dollar game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ndogg View Post
    Can't afford both games but was considering either this or Nioh. Any advice ?
    Hellblade is 30 and Nioh is 60. I haven't played Hellblade but Nioh was an extremely solid attempt at the Souls formula with a lot of cool new ideas, but ultimately doesn't quite reach the heights of Dark Souls. Definitely a good game though and a solid 8/10, which is around what it seems Hellblade is averaging.

If you're looking for bang for your buck though it seems like Hellblade is an 7-8 hour experience for 30 dollars whereas Nioh is 60 for 50-80 hours of gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    "full price" in this case is 30 dollars. People are saying that this may be the game that brings AA games back, but yeah it isn't a full priced 60 dollar game.
    AA games never left. They've just been rare in the west as most developers are on large AAA teams or doing their own very small indy projects. AA games are pretty much the lifeblood of Japanese games though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    AA games never left. They've just been rare in the west as most developers are on large AAA teams or doing their own very small indy projects. AA games are pretty much the lifeblood of Japanese games though.
    Very true, but yeah I was referring to the western AA games of times past like THQs games.

huh... so apparently permadeath is actualy a bluff. I think I'm going to grab this after all, at least i will after I get through couple of the games on my backlog :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM3sxy21j3k