Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    North Korea does not have the resources to wage war against anyone.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't exaggerate please. Even destroying a single country would require hundreds of nuclear missile launches.
    Both China and Russia has way more than that and the US sure does. Once you fire one, leaders will start to freak out and it's over.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    As long as there is no direct fighting in central Europe I doubt the radiation will affect me much. Like, a few cities in China or the US ashed would not be nice, but oh well...
    The US is allied with half of Europe. You really think NATO would sit by and let the US burn? hardly.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    I'm not excited for people getting killed...i'm weird that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    The US is allied with half of Europe. You really think NATO would sit by and let the US burn? hardly.
    I hope so. War with China would be really stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    I hope so. War with China would be really stupid.
    Yes, of course it would but you are living in a dreamworld if you think you would not be affected by it.
    But yes, it would be stupid. Really stupid.

Depends on who attacks first. NATOs purpose isn't to be a support group for a single countrys endless crusading all over the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Depends on who attacks first. NATOs purpose isn't to be a support group for a single countrys endless crusading all over the world.
    I doubt that would matter much. Also, the US has nukes in EU countries and these would be targets as well.
    Now, it's very unlikely that China would send nukes or even help NK even if the US attacked first. But still, the result would be catastrophic if it ever happened.

pretty sure it wont go nuclear esp with china pledging to stay neutral, long as they don't succesfully nuke anyone first that is. hopefully if war does come this time its managed better and the gloves come off.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Well, there are over 14,000 nuclear weapons in the world currently, pretty much all held just by the US and Russia. Closer to 15,000, probably if we count all the smaller arsenals. If the US and Russia did start throwing them around for some crazy reason, you can be sure that those arsenals are more than large enough to pretty much destroy any form of civilization as you know it at the very least. That's the best case scenario, heh.

We could go smaller and say that only the large cities are targetted and wiped out. That won't be the end of everything, but it likely would be the end of any kind of economic stability or ease that you're used to.
    Considering US+Russia only have 3100 combined, that's quite alot in other hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Considering US+Russia only have 3100 combined, that's quite alot in other hands.
    3100 ready to fire, right now.
    I'm sure they can dig up a few more if they need them.

Deleted
    Both China and Russia has way more than that and the US sure does. Once you fire one, leaders will start to freak out and it's over.

- - - Updated - - -

Continental Europe won't move a finger for Trump, they'd let the US burn while cheering on Kim.

I was hopping Trump would be stopped before this happens but I guess it's too late now.
    Hopefully Kim Jong-un and Trump will be assassinated during this war and we won't happen any war for a while again after this one.

OT: I don't watch TV but I'll be following the news on internet.
    Last edited by Ashkiman; 2017-08-12 at 06:39 PM.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amalaric View Post
    Will you be glued to your TV set watching things unfold or just indifferent?
    seriously? no offense op but you are a sociopath and also ignorant, your comment shows how childish you are, also you have no idea of what a war means, and what people has to go through.

I am sorry mods but op offended me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Legiun View Post
    But Trump doesn't?

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    I find it interesting that folks are focusing on Donalds words when we have Kim Jung Un threating to attack Japan, SK, and the U.S. with nuclear weapons.

Not to say Donald is right to inflame the situation, but lets no pretend he's the bad guy here.
    Because anyone with a brain knows that Kim would have to be absolutely insane to actually follow through on his threat. He would never do it, because he has to know that if he did, it would be signing his own death warrant as well as guaranteeing the end of his country. The posturing is exactly that. Posturing. Kim is the lone guy at a bar, making incoherent threats at everyone else in the bar, but he knows that the instant he actually hits anybody, the entire rest of the bar will descend on him en-mass, beat the ever living shit out of him, and then throw him out on his face.

Donald on the other hand, is fucking desperate for a "win", utterly clueless about the state of international politics (ie, the fact that Kim is all bark and no bite), and is so utterly ego driven that there is a very real chance that he might decide to start a war with NK just to make himself look like the big man in the room. He is the new guy at the bar, utterly oblivious to the fact that pretty much everyone else who is a regular there has been ignoring Kim forever, who is so desperate to impress his new friends that the will go over and start the fight with Kim because he thinks it will make him look good.

The difference is that while both parties have literally everything to lose by following through with their threats, Donald is by far the one who is too stupid to see it. Kim is pretty much escalating his threat rhetoric because for the first time, he has run into someone who is too stupid to see the bluff behind them. Worst case scenario is that we have a never ending feedback loop between Kim's ego and Donald's ego that actually forces on of them to act on the threats. My guess is it won't be Kim, because behind his borders he is probably shitting himself thinking "Holy fuck, this guy thinks I am serious, what do I do now", and he really doesn't want to willingly end his own personal dynasty, but he cant be seen as the weaker party, cause that is what North Korea is built on, so the escalation continues.

Thankfully, America still has a military chain of command which should prevent Donny from doing something monumentally stupid, but at the rate he is fucking up the government, one can only wonder how long that lasts.
    Last edited by Surfd; 2017-08-12 at 07:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Despite the talk, it is actually unlikely that China would go to war even if the US attacked first simply because China has little to gain and a massive amount to lose, even if the entire Korean peninsula was united as a US ally.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyadis View Post
    After the skies have been fully cleared out I imagine there will be a long period of ground fighting and guerrilla warfare against the remnants of DPRK's ground forces+civilians brainwashed to be so loyal to the regime they're willing to die for them.
    I would imagine the US and SK would simply annihilate the military objectives, maybe target and kill the leadership, and then let the Chinese "come and help" to restore order.
    Nothing to gain in invading NK but a strongly possible war with China. It'd be both much more politically savvy (China doesn't want US allies on its border, it's the only reason it kind of support NK, so allowing it to keep a buffer state would help keep their antagonism down) and economically/military more logical (the cost of holding NK would be staggering). Especially as occupation would bring next to nothing.
    Last edited by Akka; 2017-08-12 at 07:54 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Despite the talk, it is actually unlikely that China would go to war even if the US attacked first simply because China has little to gain and a massive amount to lose, even if the entire Korean peninsula was united as a US ally.
    They'll go to war with the US economically until the US cedes all of the North to China. If the US refuses, not only can you say bye to Taiwan, you will also sit on a ruined economy and be unable to ever compete with the EU again economically. And with a ruined economy the US military will decay just like Russia's.

No matter what happens there, the EU will always come out on top of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Legiun View Post
    seriously? no offense op but you are a sociopath and also ignorant, your comment shows how childish you are, also you have no idea of what a war means, and what people has to go through.

You could always retreat to your safe-space.
    "Every country has the government it deserves."
    Joseph de Maistre (1753 – 1821)

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    Dude don't take the entire 200 years. Take the last 25 years and you will see
    Oh so its

2-1 Still democrats lead.

LOL

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Oh so its

2-1 Still democrats lead.

LOL
    Why not make it the last 8 years? 1-0 for now, Democrats lead by 100%.