7 out of 10 Danes optimistic about future of the EU: poll

A new survey shows that Danes have become significantly more positive towards the EU in the past six months.

The study by EU survey programme Eurobarometer shows that the percentage of Danes who have a positive opinion of the EU has risen from 32 to 42 percent in six months, while the proportion of negative opinions has fallen from 23 to 17 percent.

The rest are neutral or responded ‘do not know’.

Danes are also optimistic about the future of the EU, shows a new poll from Eurobarometer surveying 28,000 EU-citizens’ view of the union.

https://www.thelocal.dk/20170811/7-o...of-the-eu-poll

This is some seriously sad reading, people should not view the EU as something positive! It should rather be viewed as something malignant that seeks to strip the countries from their sovereignty!

Glad to hear it. The EU is essential if Europe wants to stay relevant.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    a sovereign nation the size of a US state can't compete. EU is good.

Seems like the nuclear winter hysteria has died down a little.

Im glad my country Norway isnt in the EU too bad Gro Harlem Brundtland got us in the back way into EU light EØS even tho we voted no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Im glad my country Norway isnt in the EU too bad Gro Harlem Brundtland got us in the back way into EU light EØS even tho we voted no.
    You're lucky you guys have oil.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Glad to hear it. The EU is essential if Europe wants to stay relevant.
    Free market agreements is all Europe needs to stay relevant for now. In 30 years, it doesn't matter if EU survives or not. Between aging societies, muslim invasion and rise of emerging markets, no matter what Europe does, it will not be relevant on the world scale.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Daneman, please explain us in what of geopolitical setup that you can fathom that present day Denmark can ignore completely it's neighbours. Go.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneman View Post
    A new survey shows that Danes have become significantly more positive towards the EU in the past six months.

The study by EU survey programme Eurobarometer shows that the percentage of Danes who have a positive opinion of the EU has risen from 32 to 42 percent in six months, while the proportion of negative opinions has fallen from 23 to 17 percent.

The rest are neutral or responded ‘do not know’.

Danes are also optimistic about the future of the EU, shows a new poll from Eurobarometer surveying 28,000 EU-citizens’ view of the union.

https://www.thelocal.dk/20170811/7-o...of-the-eu-poll

This is some seriously sad reading, people should not view the EU as something positive! It should rather be viewed as something malignant that seeks to strip the countries from their sovereignty!
    Denmark would be nothing without the EU. The EU at the very least is something you can influence and control, rather than being bullied by bigger states without it. Such as the US and Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Denmark would be nothing without the EU. The EU at the very least is something you can influence and control, rather than being bullied by bigger states without it. Such as the US and Russia.
    Yeah. Denmark has been conqour so many times by the United States and Russia. Also economically crushed.

...or...

was that always by other European nations?

I get that mixed up all the time. Care to fill me in with that superior education?

I love the outrage for the OP, too many people disagree with him. Apparently, his attempts to spam story after story on any forum he can find... just haven't been working as intended.

I've asked others like you before op, but never got a response. This isn't an insult or an attack, I'm genuinely curious, what drives you to this behavior? Does spam re posting news stories to forums bring you some sort of happiness or comfort? Does a higher started thread count drive you to get out of bed in morning, and why?

Fascinating.

Anyway, unless it's a pastry, I have no opinion one way or another about the danish.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Yeah. Denmark has been conqour so many times by the United States and Russia. Also economically crushed.

...or...

was that always by other European nations?

I get that mixed up all the time. Care to fill me in with that superior education?
    He said bullied not "conqour". Two very different things. And the US and Russia are known throughout their histories to bully countries that aren't as powerful.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    He said bullied not "conqour". Two very different things. And the US and Russia are known throughout their histories to bully countries that aren't as powerful.
    Right the US and Russia have "bullied" Denmark thoughout history far far more times than other EU nations.. right.. keep trying

I'd feel optimistic too if I had a Danish pastry... I'm hungry

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Right the US and Russia have "bullied" Denmark thoughout history far far more times than other EU nations.. right.. keep trying
    You have the reading comprehension skills have a five year old. Can you point out where I said the US and Russia have bullied Denmark specifically through out history?

You can't. Because I didn't. I'd say go back to school, but I don't think they'll take you.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    So have Germany, and Turkey and France, and the UK..
    It is almost as if large countries tend to want to dominate smaller countries ;-) China being the notable exception, at least until now.

I consider the US to be mostly benevolent to Europe. They don't want to rule us with an iron fist, they just want something they can work with and mold a little. ;-)
    If the situation was reversed, with Europe ruling over the US, I doubt we would act any differently tbh.
    Last edited by Pengekaer; 2017-08-13 at 12:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meanwhile, in Denmark:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneman View Post
    Lol. Dude! that's so 2016.
    The skeptics running Greece and turning the UK into a circus was only fertile ground for people turning to being sympathetic to the EU.
    Having a clown run the other world power is a perfect opportunity for the EU to rise in popularity.