Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    I was specifically talking about today since I wasn't in the area last night or followed the "pre game" shenanigans that happened yesterday. Scanner earlier by EMS said police were pulling out and they needed to call in more neighboring help for medical reasons. It's good that police are back out in force.
    You in c'ville also? If so, howdy, neighbor

As far as medical help, my wife works at the hospital - UVA had set up preparations for this type of thing since yesterday. They have extra people working and put additional people on call.

My poor blip of intellectualism and reason in the midst of rural Virginia turned into this fright-fest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    Because innocent civilians deserve to be run down by lunatics? What is wrong with you?
    Citation need for that "innocent" part.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollowlithic View Post
    its fine for antifa and BLM to protest, riot, burn down towns ... it's in their nature. they cannot help it. These WHITE nationalists are heathens that have no rights to protest!!!
    Protest by running people down with cars? No they fucking well don't have that "right".

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    You could say that person wanted to .... have a n IMPACT on the event!

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    Innocent until guilty. No citation needed.

Unless walking with signs is punishable by death in your world.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    I remember all those discussions where people claimed the Alt-Right, KKK, and Neo-Nazis are nothing but peaceful protesters. Their protest was shut down because of vandalism and riot behavior. They then start fighting people. And finally some jackass plows their car through the counterprotest.
    To be fair, the KKK behaved themselves (ignoring the hate in their messaging) when they were here a couple months ago. However, there were far less of them, and they were greatly outnumbered then. This is a whole other ball of wax.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    The videos don't show that at all. Why are people constantly looking to find excuses for the driver and ways to blame the protesters?
    Yes. The video is quite clear that the car accelerated into the crowd and then immediately backed up and away to escape. Whoever was driving was doing it intentionally.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

As far as medical help, my wife works at the hospital - UVA had set up preparations for this type of thing since yesterday. They have extra people working and put additional people on call.

My poor blip of intellectualism and reason in the midst of rural Virginia turned into this fright-fest.
    I'm actually from King George but travel around the state. Happened to be in Gordonsville today so been tuning into local radio and scanners to follow it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

People walking peacefully near the pedestrian-friendly downtown mall... a car comes out of no where from much further down the street. Yes, innocent people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post

too soon /extrachars

Luckily Chris-Chan wasn't home this weekend. We could have lost a national treasure.

To be fair, the KKK behaved themselves (ignoring the hate in their messaging) when they were here a couple months ago. However, there were far less of them, and they were greatly outnumbered then. This is a whole other ball of wax.
    Yeah the last time was a pretty run of the mill protest. Nothing outlandish really happened and they eventually went on their way.

This is an entirely different beast with it being a gathering point for white nationalists from all over the country.
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.

7+ Year Old Account

too soon /extrachars
    He had a SMASHING good point though.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Innocent until proven guilty.

Some of us are actually more knowledgeable on the area. The car was rammed through a consumer hotspot and struck people not even involved in the counter protest.

7+ Year Old Account
    I mean can we blame the driver? He just wanted to really RAM home those points?

infracted - trolling

He had a SMASHING good point though.
    That people he disagrees with should be killed? Thanks for the maturity and respect for the dead and injured though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean can we blame the driver? He just wanted to really RAM home those points?
    Cute. A person was killed, and all you can do is try to make puns out of the murder. You're pathetic.

That people he disagrees with should be killed? Thanks for the maturity and respect for the dead and injured though.
    Especially when some of those hit wouldn't have even been involved in the protests. It's not he hit people in an obscure location. He rammed it through the equivalent of a shopping town center.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yirrah View Post
    Cute. A person was killed, and all you can do is try to make puns out of the murder. You're pathetic.
    I am sure this concern for the dead would still be there if the corpse hadn't had political views you personally align closer to. Actually I am entirely unconvinced.