Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnfargen View Post
    I'd like to see "Masters of the universe" remade or a He-man reboot all together. I'd also like to see a Thundercats movie.
    Was going to say a "Masters of the Universe" remake, since the 80s campy one was just... urgh... but they're doing just that for 2019!
    Last edited by Daedius; 2017-08-12 at 05:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    none of them

Ghostbusters without the bullshit of "let's remake with women because they are poorly represented" but actually ignore the fact that Janine was the fifth ghostbuster in the TV series that on regular occasions saves the day too sometimes solely by herself compared to 4 men doing it together.

I think remakes should be of films that were "okay" but not quite great.

Like, I'd love to see a remake of The Wizard, for modern day gaming, where the kid becomes some sort of savant in gaming. The first one was okay, with some genuine touching moments in it, but kind of devolved into a Nintendo commercial for the Power Glove and SMB3 (only one of which deserved any attention).

Or, remake things like Tremors, but somehow keep the grittiness of the original - don't want it to be a CGI fest. Etc, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Oh shit, you're right. That actually could be really good. :O
    Yeah, been following it for a while... It's actually got a LOT of potential.

Of course, it's been in development hell for a while now, so who knows what will emerge the other side, if anything, but... yeah. Potential.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Was going to say a "Masters of the Universe" remake, since the 80s campy one was just... urgh... but they're doing just that for 2019!
    By the power of Grayskull! This is wonderful news!

I now change my remake answer to Wing Commander. I loved the entire series of games (even the last one with bug bad guys) but the movie just didn't seem to click for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnfargen View Post
    I now change my remake answer to Wing Commander. I loved the entire series of games (even the last one with bug bad guys) but the movie just didn't seem to click for me.
    That'll never happen, the franchise is pretty much dead.

Deleted
    I don't think there are many movies (or TV shows) that should be remade, but there are quite a few that could be. Movies that are around 25-30 years old or older, that don't rise to a legendary or cult classic status. Also, it's less of an offense if it's not an actual remake, but rather a prequel/sequel that still kind of reimagines some of the things.

Not all remakes turn out horrible.

http://screenrant.com/remakes-better-than-original/

WarGames is one of those sort of cult classics that shouldn't be remade, but what with today's nuclear tension and all that, it might actually turn out pretty damn good if cast and made properly.

I don't think this SHOULD be remade, but i'd like to see Short Circuit updated. I've always loved that movie and seeing it with newer visuals would be nice. Though I fear it wouldn't catch the same magic the original had so perhaps best to just leave it alone

Thanks to Shyama for this beautiful signature <3

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    I can't think of a single movie that I've enjoyed that could use a remake. All the remakes that I have seen have failed to deliver any sort of improvement upon the franchise they remade.
    What about old movies that were heavily reliant on special effects, but the special effects were limited by the time period? Like Jason and the Argonauts? Or maybe what about old movies that had an interesting concept, but were terrible?

To say that no movies should ever be remade is way too far IMO. Plus remakes are nothing new; Hollywood has been remaking movies since the beginning of film; hasn't Ben Hur been remade like half a dozen times (literally)?
    Last edited by jimboa24; 2017-08-13 at 02:20 AM.

True Grit (2010)
    The Thing (1982)
    The Fly (1986)
    The Departed (2006)
    Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978)
    Scarface (1983)
    Evil Dead 2 (1987)

Just off of the top of my head. All great remakes and better than their originals.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberglum View Post
    Scarface (1983)
    This, that movie is a real gem.

The NeverEnding Story. Though technically it should be re-adapted, not remade.

While the 1984 film is nice, it's not exactly representative of the book, and failed to deliver anything resembling the meta-narrative that the book was trying to show - and audiences in the 80s would not have been receptive to it. But the audiences of today have a much deeper understanding of fantasy tropes, and could probably be made to understand the more complicated, yet still child-appropriate story of the original novel.

*cough* Dark Tower *cough*

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

The Haunted Mansion (2003)

A beloved Disney ride attraction like the Haunted Mansion deserves a far better adaptation than the utter shite we got.

Seriously? Fucking none. People that make millions upon millions of dollars should at least be creative and original.

Deleted
    NONE. ZERO like someone said earlier:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cradyz View Post
    I'd rather see some interesting new ideas from directors that give a fuck than some cash grab reboot banking solely on name recognition
    better start something new than rerboot shit like this silly wants:
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I think remakes should be of films that were "okay" but not quite great.
    No its NOT okay to reboot shit movies. Better make some new ones there are enough stories and ideas out there to make great movies without having to reboot everything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    No it dooes not and I hope it fails like the Crow reboot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    No it dooes not and I hope it fails like the Crow reboot.

Glitter or Saving Christmas.