Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Who gives a shit you stated the obvious long enough to place blame. It he rice cooker bombs and kindergartens might as well be next right. Bring back Sparta
    Yes i did on all three sides which i feel is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Birujinia View Post
    I said I read it. Please quote where I said it happened?
    Then why bother posting you read that? What purpose did it serve other than to spread said misinformation?

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    group A member then runs over people shopping that weren't even protesting
    was there another car plowing into crowds? Because that was a protest that got rammed. It looked like a 1 way street or an alley so I doubt shops would locate entrances there.

Deleted
    ...you get that from an event that went like this:

group A arrives fully armed, with riot gear and shields, for "peaceful protest".
    Because of their well founded fears of violent response.
    group B has a few members arrive, scattered around without many (certainly not as many as group A).
    the Town says "fuck this, we're not going to be a battleground" and revokes their permits and protests group A
    Imagine the reverse, What would have happened if a BLM rally got their permit revoked?
    Wait that's silly, that wouldn't have fucking happened.

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    And if there had been no counter protesters, who would they have been violent towards again?
    them being prepared for violence does not make them the instigators.
    So, you should just run away from violent fascists, and let them be fascists? What about the people who actually live int hat town?

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Were BLM and Antifascists even present? The only thing I am reading is counter protests from the locals.
    I can't say that my friends, neighbors and I saw everyone there, but none of us saw any that I'm aware of. They were mostly locals and some UVA students thrown in from what I could tell. There were certainly some black people there, but that doesn't mean they're BLM supporters (though I know of one house in town that has a BLM sign in the yard, and I wouldn't be surprised if they were there somewhere). And on the other side were a ton of people from out of town, many of whom don't even live in the state, much less in our county or city.

Quote Originally Posted by HAcoreRD View Post
    was there another car plowing into crowds? Because that was a protest that got rammed. It looked like a 1 way street or an alley so I doubt shops would locate entrances there.
    Where they rammed into people was at a crosswalk in a town shopping center style area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    And if there had been no counter protesters, who would they have been violent towards again?
    them being prepared for violence does not make them the instigators.
    Classic victim-blaming right there. Heck, you probably think the people who got run over were to blame for being there too, right?

You disgust me.

Quote Originally Posted by HAcoreRD View Post
    Locals posted in here that it's a shopping area, and that most people weren't involved in the protect. It's a while back, but we had two folks in here from the area.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    when you do an extreme ollie off the railing doooooooooood
    Last guy I saw doing that lost a couple kg's of skin. I think he felt it was bad too...

Quote Originally Posted by Snakeseye0 View Post
    I feel like this should be posted again.

Also if you notice this guy went OFF the road on to the civilian sidewalk. At 0:25 you can see the road ends at that stop sign.
    I call BS of his "self defense" claim too. Again, that's what I am reading. He did it because they attacked him.

Quote Originally Posted by Teleros View Post
    Yes. In fact I linked it (or a mirror of it). But still, that doesn't change my answer to the other poster about panicking in the middle of a crowd, whether it happened or no.

= + =

Perhaps, but when you add it all together it just sounds awful. It's not like police in the USA haven't had experience of Antifa, never mind the Alt-Right. But when they're right-wing, have heroes like Based Stick Man, oh and are all literally Hitler... come on.

Still think someone senior in local government wanted a clash though.
    It didn't happen, so why continue to talk about it? It's an attempt to divert, that's what it is.

The locals definitely did not want this. Charlottesville is a quite college town, surrounded by farms and vineyards.

7+ Year Old Account
    Again... this would be like the police running into another police department, but one that outnumbered them 5-1. Staying would be suicidal.
    You make it sound like they had zero intel from before the event.

If you want to blame anyone, blame the fact that citizens can get police-style armor, shields, and weapons with relative ease and zero tracking because that's exactly what happened...
    Eh, free country and all that.

nothing he police could have done would have made them able to control it other than what they did do, which was get a bunch more departments together.
    Fine, but why not get them together at the start, so you can ensure that protesters and counter-protesters never meet?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...day/560829001/

"Police expect anywhere between 2,000 to 6,000 people, said city police captain Victor Mitchell in a press conference Friday."

So either the police are so incompetent all their leadership need to be fired posthaste for allowing this to happen, or it was a setup. Pick your poison.
    Still not tired of winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollowlithic View Post
    Man are you guys ready to stand up to Trump? Join the resistance!
    Can't defend this anymore so you try to joke and change the subject? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Birujinia View Post
    I did not say it happen. I said that's what I read. Damn...relax.
    Then maybe you should do research before you repeat false information.

Because of their well founded fears of violent response.

Imagine the reverse, What would have happened if a BLM rally got their permit revoked?
    Wait that's silly, that wouldn't have fucking happened.
    They'd have went home, because the vast, vast, vast, let me reiterate vast majority of BLM rallies are extremely civil?

Quote Originally Posted by Yirrah View Post
    Classic victim-blaming right there. Heck, you probably think the people who got run over were to blame for being there too, right?

You disgust me.
    Not reading the entire thread... is Goblin defending the Nazis ITT?

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I guess it's possible he was just driving down a street like he did every day
    In his car with Ohio license plates.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Sorry pal. That isn't how this works.

If I say I like fruit loops and David Duke says he likes fruit loops that doesn't mean I support the kkk. But then again, you don't actually have any idea what I believe in. For the record though, I didn't vote for Trump.
    Actually it is exactly how it works. And you don't have a say in the matters. It's the exact same standard you, and people like you, have held Muslims to when it comes to terrorists in their midsts.

So I'll say it again ohiostate. That guy in the crowd there that is carrying a sign that says "Islam will Conquer the World". Right now, that's you. You didn't drive the car, but your alt-right positions, collectively, got us to this point. You are morally culpable. And what was the first thing I said about Trump and the alt-right last year? This was a moral test for those on the right.

But noooo. You and others let Black Lives Matters and Antfia and Nancy Pelosi so undermine your basic decency you threw in your lot with extremists. You were weak, and you found excuses for your weakness. We have people even doing it in this thread, but talking about "leftists". It's a fucking joke.

I mean you might as well own up to it man. You'll never get your honor, integrity and moral center back. It's like virginity. You can't reclaim your virginity anymore than you can reclaim being on the right side of a moral issue once the boat has sailed. And it sailed a long time ago.

So hows the desert island you're on?

Yeah you people never voted for Trump. Evidently nobody voted for Trump. 60 million incidents of "the other guy down the street" did it. Uh. huh.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    It didn't happen, so why continue to talk about it? It's an attempt to divert, that's what it is.
    If you say so, Professor Xavier .

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    The locals definitely did not want this. Charlottesville is a quite college town, surrounded by farms and vineyards.
    I believe you when it comes to the locals.

Not so sure about those in charge though.
    Still not tired of winning.