Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Your entire country lost, mate.

Also, you lost? As in not you. Are you with the Nazis, buddy?
    arent you that guy who calls anyone a nazi that disagrees with him?

Quote Originally Posted by Teleros View Post
    What, all of them? Come on.

Actually, knowing how many were equipped to fight would be quite interesting TBH.

Don't forget police training etc. If the Alt-Right guys in armour are equal to the police despite police training... oh fun times ahead.

The fact that it happened. Or are the police now unable to herd either protest or counter-protest away from the other side? Or just getting in the middle and blocking both sides?

A... politician.

Just saying.
    Having people with riot gear making a pseudo phalanx makes dispersion much more difficult.

I've been through the academy. There's not a whole lot of training on dealing with mobs of people equipped in their own riot gear and weapons. That's usually reserved for SWAT, riot control, and the National Guard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Birujinia View Post
    My God....

I never said it was true.
    I was replying to someone else who asked what the speculation was.

I replied that I read he ran people over as self defense.

You started saying I was spreading misinformation. Which I can't understand how because I was replying to a comment about the speculation of the situation.
    Just because you didn't say it was true, doesn't mean you were not spreading misinformation. That's the point. You don't have to believe it in order to spread it.

You did spread information. Was that information correct, or was it shown to be false via video evidence presented to you?

What do YOU think happened? It's a simple question, yet you are continuing to dodge it.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    With the issue of the actual car crashing, or the overall festivities of the rally? I wanted to go down to Charlottesville to laugh at the racist fucktards, but I was told by my wife that I had more important things to do. Alas, I did not get to go. There are two people who were there on this thread, so they know what went down in real time.

As for the attack with the car, that's pretty clearly a case of someone wanting to harm a large number of people out of hatred and anger. I have no problem calling it terrorism.
    Do you think allowing such Nazi protests to happen in the first place might create danger towards people? Given who these people are, their goals of ethno nationalism etc and that many were heavily armed?

Like we are not talking mere fucktards spewing shit on /pol/ any more. They have real, violent goals.

Actually, knowing how many were equipped to fight would be quite interesting TBH.

Don't forget police training etc. If the Alt-Right guys in armour are equal to the police despite police training... oh fun times ahead.
    Police training in US is largely "you have a gun. they might have a gun. shoot 'em if you feel threatened". For riot training and such... hey, have some optional training, maybe some days where you wear it to learn how, but largely it's "learn as you go".

Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't be ridiculous, I'm sure that he was just some mentally unstable dude that got scared by the huge crowd.
    Do you have any evidence to back up that claim?

Quote Originally Posted by Hollowlithic View Post
    arent you that guy who calls anyone a nazi that disagrees with him?
    If the shoe fits.

Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't be ridiculous, I'm sure that he was just some mentally unstable dude that got scared of the huge crowd.
    VA Code § 18.2-46.4 (2014)

"Act of terrorism" means an act of violence as defined in clause (i) of subdivision A of § 19.2-297.1 committed with the intent to (i) intimidate the civilian population at large; or (ii) influence the conduct or activities of the government of the United States, a state or locality through intimidation.

Driving into a crowd of opposing protestors almost certainly qualifies. And intimidation is pretty much what this whole event was about. Unless he is actually insane his "mental stability" is no defense.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

The fact that it happened. Or are the police now unable to herd either protest or counter-protest away from the other side? Or just getting in the middle and blocking both sides?

A... politician.

Just saying.
    Does that mean the United States wanted 9/11, because it happened?

Do you have any evidence to back up your claims?

Just because you didn't say it was true, doesn't mean you were not spreading misinformation. That's the point. You don't have to believe it in order to spread it.

You did spread information. Was that information correct, or was it shown to be false via video evidence presented to you?

What do YOU think happened? It's a simple question, yet you are continuing to dodge it.
    Dude, you don't know what speculation means...
    He's right, you are wrong.
    Just drop it before you make even more of a fool of yourself.

Deleted
    Do you think allowing such Nazi protests to happen in the first place might create danger towards people? Given who these people are, their goals of ethno nationalism etc and that many were heavily armed?

Like we are not talking mere fucktards spewing shit on /pol/ any more. They have real, violent goals.
    Why was antifa marching allowed then? Why was BLM terrorist marching allowed too?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    No. Many of them actually are White Nationalists.
    Okay - Why is it wrong to be a white nationalist?
    Now i think identity politics is fundamentally stupid, but white people thinking of themselves as a group is no more right or wrong than when anyone else does it.
    It's support for discriminatory policies.
    Like affirmative action?
    The Alt-Right is Nazism without the name, the symbols, or even the explicit rhetoric.
    So when you say nazi you are just using it as rhetoric - You shouldn't do that.
    But the undercurrents, the dogwhistles, the wink winking, the end-point - preserving or expanding White Privilege in America - is all there.
    What fucking white privilege?
    Stay away from the progressives Skroe.
    In any case, i say again, White nationalists engaging in identity politics is no more right or wrong than when anyone else does it.
    I just want to go back to every dumb discussion that this forum has had about the Alt-Right and its memes. You know why the memes matter? Because they're a central part of the plausible deniability of the Alt-Right. All the Alt-right is, is Nazism with plausible deniability.
    You know the point of the 'Hitler did nothing wrong' meme isn't to say he didn't do anything wrong, it's to say that they don't give a fuck if they are called 'Nazis'.
    People just using 'Nazi' as rhetoric has denuded it off meaning.

The protests should be allowed to happen. People should be allowed to coutner those protests. None of that justifies the use of violence. Not. One. Bit.

They always had violent goals, now they just have an administration that is more to their liking, and they feel they can get out of the closet about their ignorance and hatred.

I do not want to take away anyone's freedom to peacefully protest.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Police training in US is largely "you have a gun. they might have a gun. shoot 'em if you feel threatened". For riot training and such... hey, have some optional training, maybe some days where you wear it to learn how, but largely it's "learn as you go".
    Correct. Normal police officers in the US are not armed or trained to deal with a situation like that where the people they're trying to halt are already in their own riot control equipment.

SWAT, riot control units by the state police, and the National Guard get that type of training.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

I do have a question though. Protests/Counter-Protests are pretty much the norm. Police do a good job at keeping them far apart from each other.

So what the hell happened here? I mean terrorist attack aside, there were dozens of incident of assault because the two sides got close. That's very unusual.

Did the local police just not have the resources? Was the State unable to provide? I was in Pittsburgh for the G20, back in 2009 I think. That was wild. But the cops handled it. How did it even get to this point in terms of keeping the two groups apart?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    VA Code § 18.2-46.4 (2014)

"Act of terrorism" means an act of violence as defined in clause (i) of subdivision A of § 19.2-297.1 committed with the intent to (i) intimidate the civilian population at large; or (ii) influence the conduct or activities of the government of the United States, a state or locality through intimidation.

Driving into a crowd of opposing protestors almost certainly qualifies. And intimidation is pretty much what this whole event was about. Unless he is actually insane his "mental stability" is no defense.
    And who says what really is his ideology? You're speculating, first of all.
    Second, that code can be used very loosely. Antifa is committing acts of terror every single day.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    I do have a question though. Protests/Counter-Protests are pretty much the norm. Police do a good job at keeping them far apart from each other.

So what the hell happened here? I mean terrorist attack aside, there were dozens of incident of assault because the two sides got close. That's very unusual.

Did the local police just not have the resources? Was the State unable to provide? I was in Pittsburgh for the G20, back in 2009 I think. That was wild. But the cops handled it. How did it even get to this point in terms of keeping the two groups apart?
    Too few people, with the majority of the people on the UTR side being in riot gear.

It's almost an argument for actually training our police

Quote Originally Posted by Karlz0rz View Post
    Dude, you don't know what speculation means...
    He's right, you are wrong.
    Just drop it before you make even more of a fool of yourself.
    He's spreading misinformation, plain and simple. He was simply trying to dodge by saying he "read" it, so that it wasn't him saying it. that's a fucking cop out. That's the same as me saying I "heard" Trump raped a woman. I'm still the one spreading that information.

In his case, he is repeating information that was shown to be false. That is misinformation. Yes, misinformation can come in the form of speculation, as is often the case. That's why I specifically asked him multiple times what he thought happened, so there would be no attempt at ambiguity. He has refused to answer such a question.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2017-08-13 at 12:06 AM.

He's spreading misinformation, plain and simple. He was simply trying to dodge by saying he "read" it, so that it wasn't him saying it. that's a fucking cop out. That's the same as me saying I "heard" Trump raped a woman. I'm still the one spreading that information.
    I guess dropping it was too hard...
    Do what you wish man, but know that you are wrong in this.