10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Boy, this thread really brought out all sorts of people out of the woodworks.
    It's showing very clearly who supports the Alt-right / Nazi's / KKK scum too. It's useful to know who is beyond any kind of hope, so you don't waste your time on them.

They have the death penalty in Virginia.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    They still did spread misinformation, even if that wasn't their intent.
    If people chose to believe it as an absolute statement, then sure.
    But the statement in and off itself is a speculation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    You made multiple claims:

"Yes, you're assuming. I also heard that he was some lefty lunatic that didn't realize this was his own crowd.

Ask mayor of Charlottesville.
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...day/560829001/

Let's go even further, ok?
    Left wing body count: 85 to 100 million"

There's two right there.

"And who says what really is his ideology? You're speculating, first of all.
    Second, that code can be used very loosely. Antifa is committing acts of terror every single day."

Another...

"Don't be ridiculous, I'm sure that he was just some mentally unstable dude that got scared by the huge crowd."

I assume that one was just a joke. But, just in case, there's another.
    I mean, what should I back up? At least one "claim" has a link. So, which one?

Quote Originally Posted by Vamperica View Post
    The question is....why were the two groups that close to each other. You can flip the same statement on it's end when there is no context to anchor it.
    Last night they marched unannounced on the property. No one knew they were going to do it and it was specifically done, admittedly, to catch people off guard and make a stir. Police had no advanced warning and had to step in once they were aware of what was happening.

Today, the day they had the permit for to do their protest, they simply didn't have the manpower to control the situation when people arrived by the bus load this morning pre equipped in military and riot equipment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    its dose however exemplify the issue of how the fuck do we get the left to react in a both rational and productive manner?
    They left, or _a_dude_?

Because the other people on the left here are being largely completely reasonable. Which is more than I can say for the Trumpsplaining, excuse-making alt-right cowards.

At least one Alt-Right privilege went up in flames today. They never get to condemn Muslims for not condemning terrorists to their satisfaction. I'll say it again, Ohiostate124 is the functional equivalent of that British Islamist carrying the "Islam will Conquer the World" sign in the picture I posted. He and the Alt-Right now knows what its like to be philosophically aligned with a terrorist, and explaining how what they believe isn't the same as what the terrorist believes.

I for one think that in the name of fairness and justice, the US Terrorism Watch List should be expanded to include prominent members of the Alt-Right. They should be exposed to extra screening at airports. After all, if one of their number would commit an attack like this, do we really KNOW they won't try to take down an airplane to make a point? Do we know it for sure?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post

It's strange that the Democrat controlled police forces keeps hiring neo-Nazi alt-righters as police officers.
    Remember, folks. All police officers.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    This is turning into a goddamn middle ages battlefield. What's next? They start bringing horses? I'm like not actually joking.
    Not from this protest but one a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by Vamperica View Post
    The question is....why were the two groups that close to each other. You can flip the same statement on it's end when there is no context to anchor it.
    Because the rally last night was illegal and un-permited, so the police didn't know about it?

And they did the rally on the campus of a liberal university, naturally provoking the students who were there?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Someone sit that boy down, and edumacate his ass about why his armor is ineffectual against knives.

Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    I mean, what should I back up? At least one "claim" has a link. So, which one?
    " I also heard that he was some lefty lunatic that didn't realize this was his own crowd."

"Left wing body count: 85 to 100 million"

" I'm sure that he was just some mentally unstable dude that got scared by the huge crowd."

"Antifa is committing acts of terror every single day."

Every single day? I mean, they are a dumb group of assholes, but every day is a bold statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    It's not an alt-right rally. At least be factual in the title. Fascism is extreme left, not right. People are going to say that's backwards, but those people are wrong.
    This post made me lose faith in humanity.

Fascism is right wing, the extreme right wing. It's mortal enemy is Communism, the extreme end of the left.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    They have the death penalty in Virginia.
    He should face Federal Terrorism charges. He should be processed EXACTLY like a member of ISIS would be.

Terrorism is a federal crime, not a state crime. Dzhokhar Tsarnaev committed his terrorist attack (Boston bombings) in a state without the death penalty. His crime went federal and he was given the Death Penalty.

This should be managed the same way. This man is no different than Dzhokhar Tsarnaev. An online radical who took it into the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    You chose to repeat something that was not true, correct?

Just because you said you "read" it, doesn't make you any less culpable for deciding to offer that information.

You said:

"From what I read, he panicked and rammed through people because they were attacking him/his car."

Was that information true? Did you repeat it?

You seem to think that speculation cannot also be misinformation, when in reality, it's one of the most common forms of it.

So, you think what you "read" was completely false, correct?
    I just did not randomly say that. It was a reply. Please quote me where I said that was true. Yes, I repeated it again with an eye roll emoji. I think what I read was speculation...since that was what I was replying too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Because the rally last night was illegal and un-permited, so the police didn't know about it?

And they did the rally on the campus of a liberal university, naturally provoking the students who were there?
    It's illegal because mayor of the town, which is just by the way a democrat, said so?

"A federal judge's ruling has cleared the way for the alt-right group "Unite the Right" and white nationalists to hold a rally in downtown Charlottesville, Va., Saturday near the endangered statue of Robert E. Lee over the objections of wary city authorities."

Case closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Which is kinda the fucking point. That he didn't explicitly condemn white nationalists, and that lack of condemnation, with him instead placing blame on "all sides", gives them a very clear pass in their eyes. That's beyond unacceptable, and the White House communications team and president should know better.

But then again, Trump has been courting the white supremacist wing of the US since the campaign, so why stop now?
    Who is "Them"? The white supremacists being condemned know very well who they are, or do you not see David Duke whining about them being condemned? The blame is on "all sides" as this is just an escalation of the political violence we've been seeing going on in this country from both sides for the past year. The real question is if Antifa realize they're being condemned as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Birujinia View Post
    I just did not randomly say that. It was a reply. Please quote me where I said that was true. Yes, I repeated it again with en eye roll emoji. I think what I read was speculation...since that was what I was replying too.
    You don't have to say something is true in order to pass misinformation. You can simply say you "read" it somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Ain't you the one deflecting with that unrelated nonsense?
    I was about to reply with an honest answer - but it's you. haha

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    It's illegal because mayor of the town, which is just by the way a democrat, said so?

"A federal judge's ruling has cleared the way for the alt-right group "Unite the Right" and white nationalists to hold a rally in downtown Charlottesville, Va., Saturday near the endangered statue of Robert E. Lee over the objections of wary city authorities."

Case closed.
    Yes, and this will doubtless force a severe reconsideration of whether or not bringing weapons and riot gear to a "peaceful protest" demonstrates implicit intent of turning it into a riot if necessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    What happened? White nationalists. The cops don't go after their own kind.
    One of the cops at the rally today:

"...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."