Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Sorry, bedroom "wars" as well as squabbles between liberals and conservatives don't count.

Not to mention that "wars" like that are generally started by conservatives anyway.
    Yea but we are not talking bedroom wars.
    But please do try to handwave facts and history.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    I was convinced Trump would back down under increasing international pressure, until I found out today a family friend is being deployed, he is the command element of a bomber wing, and in the ~20 years I've known him, he has been deployed four times, each time was right before US forces invaded another country. I'd say the odds are pretty high we're going to be doing something stupid.
    Since when Republicans have backed down from starting wars in the previous few decades, international pressure or otherwise?

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Yea but we are not talking bedroom wars.
    But please do try to handwave facts and history.
    You are more than welcome to list down the wars they started in the recent decades, then, instead of writing your own version of alternative right wing history.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Doesn't seem very likely, but if it did happen NK would be squashed like a bug.

And then the US would probably be drawn into a prolonged military quagmire trying to occupy the area.

Essentially both sides would lose, which is why it most likely won't happen.

- - - Updated - - -

May I please see your data?
    US history book. But if you wish you can prbly google the same info.

Since when Republicans have backed down from starting wars in the previous few decades, international pressure or otherwise?
    I assumed Trump would back down because no one wants him to invade North Korea, and it's bad for trade. I hope I'm wrong and it's just a coincidence, but the last few times my friend has deployed, it was immediately before an air campaign to soften infrastructure and command/control systems in Iraq and Afghanistan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Get over it already, you are obsessed with it.
    Yeah a foreign power attacked my country. "Get over it". Right. When Red Square is mostly known for its breadlines maybe.

I'm American. We don't get over. We get even. And Russia will be paying for this for years to come.

Don't project your increasingly obsolete Euro-weakness on to us, especially when so many of you people, at long last, are shedding it.

Yeah:

Vietnam War: started by Republicans
    Gulf War: started by Republicans
    War in Afghanistan: started by Republicans

Hmm, there seems to be this disappointing lack of involvement by Democrats in warmongering here. Sorry we can't access your alt-right history book in this world we live in. You can try and publish one first so a book like that actually exist to begin with.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

You are more than welcome to list down the wars they started in the recent decades, then, instead of writing your own version of alternative right wing history.
    OK then

WW1
    WW2
    Vietnam( democrat sent in our men the republican sent in aid.
    Korea
    May we continue with conflicts and the bombing of other countries that couldn't put up a fight?

If you wish to learn more u can read more from a ww2 vet book.

The Wars of America: From 1600 to 1900. Harper Collins. 1998.

Also ive voted for democrats more often that republicans. But its nice to somehow become alt right while being in attendance of a Bernie sanders rally.
    Last edited by stomination; 2017-08-13 at 06:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah:

Vietnam War: started by Republicans
    Gulf War: started by Republicans
    War in Afghanistan: started by Republicans

Hmm, there seems to be this disappointing lack of involvement by Democrats in warmongering here. Sorry we can't access your alt-right history book in this world we live in. You can try and publish one first so a book like that actually exist to begin with.
    Vietnam was really started by JFK and LBJ. And as I said, Dems got us into the 4 wars that caused 2/3 of total us war dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Vietnam was really started by JFK and LBJ. And as I said, Dems got us into the 4 wars that caused 2/3 of total us war dead.
    Yea all Dwight did was provide training and materials. The other 2 sent in troops.

OK then

WW1
    Woodrow Wilson was pressured by Republicans to enter the war. He and the other democrats preferred neutrality in the conflict. Tch tch tch Republicans again.

Republicans 1: Democrats 0

WW2
    Had bipartisan support. Certainly far from just "Democrats starting shit" for this one.

Republicans 2: Democrats 1

Vietnam
    Yeap, Republicans started this one. Democrats had a majority opposing this war.

Republicans 3: Democrats 1
    Korea
    Well, finally a war you can actually say Democrats started.

Republicans 3: Democrats 2

May we continue with conflicts and the bombing of other countries that couldn't put up a fight?

If you wish to learn more u can read more from a ww2 vet book.

The Wars of America: From 1600 to 1900. Harper Collins. 1998.
    Gulf War, started by Republicans

Republicans 4: Democrats 2

War in Afghanistan, started by Republicans

Republicans 5: Democrats 2

Looks like the Republicans are the clear winners in starting conflicts.

I know the alt-right lives in some parallel universe, but unless we are specifically talking about the alt-right's parallel universe, please do not bring up their history in our universe the rest of us live in, thanks.
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2017-08-13 at 06:21 AM.

Snip.
    The conversation was also about just the president not congress.

Presidents call for the start of a war and Congress votes. End of the day it was the Democratic/Republican presidents choice.

GO ahead and handwave more because you are still 100% incorrect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Woodrow Wilson was pressured by Republicans to enter the war. He and the other democrats preferred neutrality in the conflict. Tch tch tch Republicans again.

Republicans 1: Democrats 0

Had bipartisan support. Certainly far from just "Democrats starting shit" for this one.

Republicans 2: Democrats 1

Republicans 3: Democrats 1

Well, finally a war you can actually say Democrats started.

Republicans 3: Democrats 2

Gulf War, started by Republicans

Republicans 4: Democrats 2

War in Afghanistan, started by Republicans

Republicans 5: Democrats 2

Looks like the Republicans are the clear winners in starting conflicts.

I know the alt-right lives in some parallel universe, but unless we are specifically talking about the alt-right's parallel universe, please do not bring up their history in our universe the rest of us live in, thanks.
    Sorry, but Wilson was responsible for WWI, FDR for WWII, Truman for Korea, and JFK for Nam.
    Dems 4, GOP 0

GW1, Afghanistan, GW2 are GOP

So, final tally Dems 4, GOP 3.

I know it doesn't fit your narrative, but that is the score. And the score for fatalities? 400k to 6k.

Dunno if anyone pointed this out yet, but it won't be the "second" korean war. It would simply be the Korean War. You see, the Korean war never actually ended - we're still at war with North Korea. We simply ceased open hostilities with an armistice.

And if we do resume open warfare, North Korea won't last 15 minutes unless China steps in, which they won't. The war itself won't be the messy part. It'll be the rebuilding and the rehabilitation of an entire country of starving, brainwashed masses, along with any damage inflicted on South Korea.

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Can't have a second one. Technically we are still in the first war with them.
    We also had a naval campaign against Korea in 1871. We ended up killing 243 of them to our 3.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

That is some screwed up logic, seeing how WW1 and WW2 were both started in Europe and America joined at the last possible moment so it wouldn't get worse.

Truman I'll give you, but Nam was given JFK by Eisenhower he is the one who decided to take over for the failed French attempt in the region. So try and actually read up on military history.
    They were the Presidents that oversaw the US entry into WWI and WWII. JFK was responsible for the major increase of advisors(1960= 900, 1961= 3205, 1962= 11300) with LBJ overseeing the introduction of front line combat troops (1965= 184k.) So my statements are fully correct in light of history.

Are you able to count? Your own list only has 32 names on it. That's not a majority even in the Senate. And they're not even all democrats.

And the guy you're arguing with is right - Vietnam is the legacy of the Democratic party. Nice try though.

- - - Updated - - -

That is some screwed up logic, seeing how WW1 and WW2 were both started in Europe and America joined at the last possible moment so it wouldn't get worse.

Truman I'll give you, but Nam was given JFK by Eisenhower he is the one who decided to take over for the failed French attempt in the region. So try and actually read up on military history.

On March 8, 1965, two battalions of about 3,500 Marines waded ashore on Red Beach 2 — becoming the first American combat troops deployed to Vietnam. IN 1965 we sent troops by Lyndon Johnson. Hence why is presidency became a shit show even tho he did the civil rights.

WW1 and WW2 were indeed started in other countries but we still did things to support them for years and still had a democratic president pronounce war.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    Are you able to count? Your own list only has 32 names on it. That's not a majority even in the Senate. And they're not even all democrats.

And the guy you're arguing with is right - Vietnam is the legacy of the Democratic party. Nice try though.
    Yea his argument was pretty desperate to where he was trying to call me an alt right person.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't have a ramp up without first being in a war. You can't blame WW1 and WW2 on democrats for getting us into wars we tried to stay out of and then skip over Eisenhower getting us into Vietnam.
    A few advisers != being at war. You are getting very desperate.

Which book?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

No war is exciting but a new series of M.A.S.H.? I'm down.