P.S. Just a reminder:

Donald Trump freezes funding to groups fighting right-wing terror and white supremacism

Donald Trump has reportedly frozen $10 million (£7.7m) of grants destined to counter violent extremism in the US.

More than 30 organisations were pegged by former President Barack Obama’s office to receive funding, although the White House has since put the grants on hold pending review.

Among those approved were local governments, city police departments, universities and non-profit organisations fighting all forms of violent extremism in the US.

Former white supremacist Chuck Leek, who has since become a volunteer with Life After Hate - one of the organisations that was due to receive government funding - said the white supremacy movement was becoming more active.

“The white supremacist movement is far more active in the last six months than I have seen it in 10 or 12 years," he told CBS.

He believes that if these organisations can help change even one person’s mind “it might be worth it, if that one person had been Dylann Roof or the Oklahoma City bomber.”

Nebraska Emergency Management Agency assistant director Bryan Tuma was also due to receive a grant to train mental health workers to recognise the signs of violent behaviour.

"We are told right now that those programmes are being reviewed," he said.

"Our goal is to focus in on what are the barriers preventing people from reporting this kind of behaviour.”

The Trump administration was reportedly pushing to erase neo-Nazis and white supremacists from the US government’s counter-extremism programme in February by moving it to focus exclusively on Islamist terrorism.

American officials briefed on the proposed changes told Reuters the Countering Violent Extremism (CVE) initiative could be renamed “Countering Radical Islamic Extremism”.

The reclassification would remove its work combatting far-right attacks and mass shootings, such as the massacre of black churchgoers in Charleston, which are rarely classified as terrorism by American authorities.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7715101.html

Total coincidence of course. Nothing to see here.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    The Nazi enablers are the authoritarian leftists that oppose them. They're literally the ones that birthed the alt-right. The alt-right didn't exist until the regressive left started infecting our culture.
    So... the late 18th Century?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I didn't know the alt-right had a haircut style.
    We were discussing beauty tips for neo-Nazis just before this happened.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    BLM is NO different then the KKK, they are equally horrible, racist, and vile.
    I know you people exist solely by the graces of false equivalence, but this is a whopper of a fib even for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post

Ted Cruz doesn't get right often. But he does here. The Alt-Right is evil. The Alt-Right is un-American.
    I'm sure Sessions will get right on that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor With a Saber View Post
    Awesome, Thats what they get for blocking streets. [yes i really mean it]

[Infracted]
    Ahahahahaha!

And you were fully aware that they were there to counter-protest the alt right/neo Nazi rally when you posted this, right? Just so I know how hard to laugh at you while I'm rolling around on the floor here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I didn't know the alt-right had a haircut style.
    Heh. They do. The entire Alt-right is a bunch of wink-winks. That's why their memes are so central to what they do. It's all code.

http://www.esquire.com/style/news/a5...-supremacists/

Uou've probably seen it for a while now. Statistically speaking, there's a good chance you're even wearing it. The high-and-tight. The side-fade. The haircut that is has been colloquially referred to, as a recent article in The Washington Post pointed out, as the "Hitler Youth." Sadly, though, the colloquial moniker—once used jokingly—is starting to ring a little too true lately.

Promoters of white nationalism have recently made an effort to reclaim the haircut, in part due to its historical connection to Hitler's Germany. According to the Post article, it's now even being referred to as a "fashy," short for "fascist." (Supes cute, you racist fucks.) Needless to say, for hipsters who have long sported the 'do, it's a troubling turn of events.

As to the genesis of the haircut's cultural significance, part of it has to do with Nazi propaganda posters of the 1930s and '40s—where Hitler Youth were shown sporting the cut—and part of it has to do with basic utility. World War II-era German soldiers had an easier time wearing and removing their helmets when they had it.

Since around 2010, the haircut was popularized by non-fascists thanks in large part to the nostalgia-laden aesthetic of hipster Brooklyn, as well as its adoption by pop cultural figures like Macklemore and David Beckham. Since then, the hairstyle has skyrocketed in popularity. As the Post article points out, "The tidy, chic lines that appealed to the Nazis became the choice of fashionable young men, gay and straight, because it's both business-like and brash."

And of course, once male celebrities embraced the 'do, it spawned "a generation of imitators and an obligatory trend piece from The New York Times, which noted in 2011 that it had become the preferred cut for the well-coiffed, well-clad, crunchy cosmopolitan."

Sadly, though, the haircut's fascists origins have come back to haunt us. A photo posted on Twitter from a recent conference of The National Policy Institute, an alt-right, white supremacist "think tank" (yes, those are to be read as sarcastic air quotes) showcased a whole cadre of high-and-tights.

Given the demographic that has most commonly worn the 'do over the last half decade, this is not without its irony. From the Post:

In this instance, what's ironic is that the dudes in white nationalism circles are sporting a hairstyle that's already been repurposed in the 21st century by young people whose ethos is radical safe-space inclusiveness, not ethnophobic separatism with eugenic undertones.

As Long Nguyen, co-founder of Flaunt magazine tells the newspaper, however, it's likely not a coincidence. "We call them 'nipsters'—neo-Nazi hipsters," says Nguyen. "It's really important for them to make inroads into young people's culture, in order to expand their base. It's a lot easier to do that when they're stealing the look of a familiar hipster style."

Basically it's a warning to us all then: The next time a good-looking guy in a high-and-tight offers to sell you a craft beer, make sure he isn't trying to also sell you a dose of unabridged hate.

Oh, and if all of this has you longing to grow out your locks, we've got you covered:
    [img]https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/vdare-live/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/01180038/haircut-300x300.jpg/img]

Deleted
    So no. BLM has killers. But they are not terrorists. The alt-right has a terrorist now, and he must be treated like any terrorist is. Not as any old killer, but as no different than any member of Al Qaeda or ISIS.
    Yet they killed cops because of their ideology that "all cops are to blame for X incident". While you are debating the nuance of the term "terrorist" the end result is the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Heh. They do. The entire Alt-right is a bunch of wink-winks. That's why their memes are so central to what they do. It's all code.

It's just a hair style dude. It doesn't have the svastika on it and I bet people used it before the hitler youth and after!

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    The KKK has a 200 year history of killing and terrorizing black people in this country, and hiding behind hoods. BLM has had largely peaceful protests, with, iirc, about a handful of attacks against police. One is, inherently, racist. The other believes black people should be treated with equality.

Again, you're conflating two largely different things - an organization rooted in hate which has often expressed their hate in that 200 year history, and a peaceful, non-violent organization rooted in the Civil Rights movement, which, like the Civil Rights movement, has had outbreaks of violence from its fringes.

For example, I am a lawyer, a card-carrying member of the ACLU and NAACP, and, you guessed it, a member of BLM. I have not a violent bone in my body.
    I know there are good people there. But the group is tainted. It's an unfortunate vehicle for violence and hatred that's built on an admirable, and very muddled, goal. The view of people desperately trying to push the message positively while others screech about getting rid cops or how they are out to kill blacks is fucking depressing. And then the unfortunate moments.

I have this idea I would gladly apply to any group. If your peaceful protest is ever interrupted by violent morons, disperse from them. Let the authorities move them away and then resume protesting peacefully. Just like I approve of people voting freely, I approve of peaceful protest. But if you have people being antagonistic or worse, get rid of them and then go back to expressing your freedoms.

How do you feel about that?

Quote Originally Posted by ForLoveOfMe View Post
    Yet they killed cops because of their ideology that "all cops are to blame for X incident". While you are debating the nuance of the term "terrorist" the end result is the same.
    That is not BLM's ideology. Keep trying to obfuscate by trying a bad parallel. It's not working.

Quote Originally Posted by ForLoveOfMe View Post
    It's just a hair style dude. It doesn't have the svastika on it and I bet people used it before the hitler youth and after!
    The extremists right appropriating something and using it as a a symbol of something else? Where have I seen that before.

Oh.

It's not "just a hairstyle" anymore than it's "just a couple of interlocking lines" or "just a type of salute" or "type of uniform". It's been appropriated. Sucks huh?

10+ Year Old Account

[img]https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/vdare-live/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/01180038/haircut-300x300.jpg/img]
    Damn Skroe I totally disagree with you on Obama but you are like a fucking razor and like laser on points. Right on man.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    I know there are good people there. But the group is tainted. It's an unfortunate vehicle for violence and hatred that's built on an admirable, and very muddled, goal. The view of people desperately trying to push the message positively while others screech about getting rid cops or how they are out to kill blacks is fucking depressing. And then the unfortunate moments.

I have this idea I would gladly apply to any group. If your peaceful protest is ever interrupted by violent morons, disperse from them. Let the authorities move them away and then resume protesting peacefully. Just like I approve of people voting freely, I approve of peaceful protest. But if you have people being antagonistic or worse, get rid of them and then go back to expressing your freedoms.

How do you feel about that?
    Except you've literally conflated the problem to levels of "being tainted." That's a perception not based in reality. There's like, less than a handful of viral videos that circulate among the far right of people *chanting* vile things (and not acting on them), and, on top of that, a handful of actual, violent attacks against police. And that's within the context of hundreds and hundreds of protests.

Comparatively, the Black Panthers and the Nation of Islam were much bigger fringes of the Civil Rights Movement. Is the Civil Rights Movement a tainted movement because of those?

Believe it or not, BLM marches have largely shut down and disavowed any violence that starts. One main exception I can think of was a march in...Portland, I think? That one went rampant, and in the end, it was property damage and not bodily harm that ended up on the bottom line. All the attacks on police have been separate from actual BLM marches themselves, though the Dallas one occurred right after a BLM march where the shooter knew lots of police would be.

Also, your broad term of "antagonistic" is overly vague. Protests, by their nature, are supposed to be antagonistic. I would agree with your statement if it said "people being violent."

America is eating itself. You deserve it.

Wallow in your failure.

Infracted - Forbidden Topics
    Last edited by Gray_Matter; 2017-08-13 at 07:53 AM.

The truth is that neither side is innocent on this field, this had been comming for a long time.

There are members of the alt-right that genuinley are only looking to protect their right to free speech and their entitlement to defend themselves against hatred and racial bigotry comming from the left, but there are members of the alt right that use that as an excuse to insight violence under the pretense that its in self-defence, which to be fair, quite often it is the alt-right being attacked first in every protest they've been too.

They've tried being peaceful in many instances, simply protesting and rallying, but police would just stand aside as Antifa attacked alt-right protesters and BLM (And YES, members of BOTH are guilty of attacking the right BEFORE this incident).

But police wont report on it and neither will journalists or mainstream media because doing so would go against the idea that they're fighting oppression and media LOVES to support the rebels of oppression. The reality is that until BLM and Antifa kicked shit off, the world was a significantly more peaceful place. Progression was HAPPENING anyway, but suddenly these progressives decided, I know, lets get violent.

Remember that incident of the autistic fella that got assaulted by 4 BLM members? Do you know Why BLM isnt innocent? Because its just as bad as the KKK, its just as full of hate, the same with Antifa, the same with MANY leftist groups.

You CANNOT justify the assault on Milo Yiannopolos Right Wing attendee's a few months back then say that these guys did *NOT* deserve this.

The reality is Violence, breeds, violence. It was a simple case of it being a matter of time before the right had finally lost its fucking cool and decided to declare open war with the left.

The Left chose to start a fire, the Right is *finally* reacting to it.

NOBODY Won today, Nobody, this was a product of months upon months of tension finally going from skirmishes from leftist assault groups to a full blown war by the Right in reaction to it.

This can only end when the Media reports BLM and Antifa for what they are, false oppressives who are basically domestic terrorists in disguise, who openly attack police and refuse to adheer to the laws of the land. This can only end when the KKK is finally forced to shut down forever, and BLM, and Antifa and the Neo-Nazi facist units within the Right.

EVERYONE, has to be accountable, it cannot be one sided.

It cannot, you want peace to win? Get rid of the ones stirring anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post

Wallow in your failure.
    Many people definitely don't deserve this shit.

Primarily the people the Nazis are targeting.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Damn Skroe I totally disagree with you on Obama but you are like a fucking razor and like laser on points. Right on man.
    Heh, thing is, these Alt-Right losers make it so fucking easy. This isn't a challenge. This is beginner mode.

I mean look at this slob of a human being, this terrorist... trash. This is exactly what you would expect from this cadre of losers.

Again, I am just waiting for all the wonderful things he put on reddit to spill out in coming days. I'm sure it's there. Look at him. That is a man who likes his message boards. And I'll let you into a preview of the next line of attack. It's going to be a "Who Said It?", this Alt-Right Terrorist, Donald Trump, or one of our own MMO-OT alt-right people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    The truth is that neither side is innocent on this field, this had been comming for a long time.

There are members of the alt-right that genuinley are only looking to protect their right to free speech and their entitlement to defend themselves against hatred and racial bigotry comming from the left, but there are members of the alt right that use that as an excuse to insight violence under the pretense that its in self-defence, which to be fair, quite often it is the alt-right being attacked first in every protest they've been too.

They've tried being peaceful in many instances, simply protesting and rallying, but police would just stand aside as Antifa attacked alt-right protesters and BLM (And YES, members of BOTH are guilty of attacking the right BEFORE this incident).

But police wont report on it and neither will journalists or mainstream media because doing so would go against the idea that they're fighting oppression and media LOVES to support the rebels of oppression. The reality is that until BLM and Antifa kicked shit off, the world was a significantly more peaceful place. Progression was HAPPENING anyway, but suddenly these progressives decided, I know, lets get violent.

Remember that incident of the autistic fella that got assaulted by 4 BLM members? Do you know Why BLM isnt innocent? Because its just as bad as the KKK, its just as full of hate, the same with Antifa, the same with MANY leftist groups.

You CANNOT justify the assault on Milo Yiannopolos Right Wing attendee's a few months back then say that these guys did *NOT* deserve this.

The reality is Violence, breeds, violence. It was a simple case of it being a matter of time before the right had finally lost its fucking cool and decided to declare open war with the left.

The Left chose to start a fire, the Right is *finally* reacting to it.

NOBODY Won today, Nobody, this was a product of months upon months of tension finally going from skirmishes from leftist assault groups to a full blown war by the Right in reaction to it.

Horse shit. BLM doesn't have power or a long history of violence and murder directly attributed to. Fuck their freedom of speech Alt Right are racist whites supremacist along with anyone else ignorant of history.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

America needs to treat the alt-right for their extremism exactly as it treats islamists for their extremism.
    By calling people who say it's a problem racist?
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post

Wallow in your failure.
    America always kicks its own ass. And then we rise stronger, together having wrestled through it. It builds legitimate, enduring strength, unlike, you know, China's astroturfed fantasy strength.

Real power, real strength, real endurance is earned. China would never understand that. And the irony of course is, in modern history, nobody's constructed quite the meat grinder for his own people, like Chairman Mao. Hell whose the higher scoring murderer of his own people? Stalin or Mao?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    By calling people who say it's a problem racist?
    The alt-right are racists. And they are extremists.

The only difference between the alt-right and islamists is the specifics of their beliefs (Sharia vs White Nationalism). They're cut from exactly the same cloth and both are expressions of the ugly, hateful, dark side of a people.

Islamic Radicalism has been held as un-Islamic. The Alt-Right, equally, is un-American. Fundamentally.

Ok, I went to sleep after posting in a thread about some nazi rally in the US. And I wake up to some dude ploughing a car into a rally somewhere. I'm confused. Did nazis just attack their own rally?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

America needs to treat the alt-right for their extremism exactly as it treats islamists for their extremism.
    Unless the alt-right start killing people in public then no. Free speech is free speech. Let them expose themselves and be done with it. No need to attack them or counter protest them. A bunch of idiots yelling at each other is what we should let them do. Until they actually start dragging nonwhites out of their homes and places of work and start beating them or killing them let them speak their mind. And this is coming from an African American.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Ok, I went to sleep after posting in a thread about some nazi rally in the US. And I wake up to some dude ploughing a car into a rally somewhere. I'm confused. Did nazis just attack their own rally?
    <they attacked a counter-protest against the rally

The alt-right are racists. And they are extremists.

The only difference between the alt-right and islamists is the specifics of their beliefs (Sharia vs White Nationalism). They're cut from exactly the same cloth and both are expressions of the ugly, hateful, dark side of a people.

Islamic Radicalism has been held as un-Islamic. The Alt-Right, equally, is un-American. Fundamentally.
    I agree with what you're saying, it's just not really related to what I was saying. Although Islam has caused a lot more damage than the alt right...
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

America always kicks its own ass. And then we rise stronger, together having wrestled through it. It builds legitimate, enduring strength, unlike, you know, China's astroturfed fantasy strength.
    To be fair.. it took you half a century to pick up the pieces after the Civil War...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post

Some citizens of the Charlottesville where the demonstration was being held? They came out and protested the demonstration saying they stood for equality and all that. And these were the people the young Nazi drove a car into.

Was reading an interview of the guy's next door neighbor who said the Nazi guy used to come home blasting polka music on the car radio.
    Last edited by Independent voter; 2017-08-13 at 08:01 AM.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland