Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I'll quote you:

Yes. Yes, it does. It does exactly that. They literally want it. They have called for it. That is EXACTLY what the entire group have repeatedly called for. I'm very not confused. But you seem to be a bit dumbfounded as to what the alt-right is actually about.
    No it doesnt. You are still trying to lump the crime caused by one person onto a large group as a whole. ONce again that would be like me saying that guy who shot the cops in texas was basically BLM when in fact he was just another dumbass enraged idiot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Yep and its a show of weakness by them. Cowards who bring weapons to a "rally" so they can pick a fight.
    I am not concerned with Image, I am concerned with what the message is which it seems that SHOULD be what the protest is about right, well let's hear what has to be said OH WAIT Alt-Right doesn't have a message except we are white, we are superior and we need our own safe spaces.

Um yeah that is when they aren't being busted shouting blood and soil and other Nazi lines and talking about killing all the Ni**ers, Wet*acks and F*gs.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    We have laws against inciting violence and crimes too. The first amendment does not protect that speech. Contrary to popular belief, it is not a free for all.

That doesn't stop some Americans though. It's just in our political DNA. If we had a new constitution, tomorrow, that was basically Germany's would it change anything? No. It wouldn't. Your history, your pillars of society which we don't have because we're a different people, all work in conjunction to inhibit the violence you're talking about.

For us, were we to do what you'd say tomorrow, without the history, without the other organs of society, Americans would just ignore it and do what they want.
    So you have the same limits on free speech as we have. Congratulations.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    No, I'm really done with the fake condemnation, I say let people just be upfront and real about how they feel so I can also stop hearing how fucking SHOCKED people are are this stupid shit.

Time to move beyond that to dealing with the problem and a solution.
    Fake condemnation? I am not understanding what you are getting at. If someone says but X also did it then they don't understand the problem because they are justifying the action in their head. There is no justification for this sort of thing. Regardless of your views.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh and on the topic of this being a "fire starter", not to be an ass but no. America has a long and sordid history of political violence.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/o...16-column.html

It's important to keep perspective. It's fitting that this will expose the Alt-Right for what it is and finally cut through the bullshit of the eupahmisms, the memes, and the winks. But Americans have been killing Americans over politics for as long as there's been an America. Hell European friends, your fore-bearers thought us barbarians because of it.

There's never been a time America's been a perfectly ordered, chaos free society without tremendous internal stressors. During the height of the 1990s... the post-Cold War era, we had OJ Simpson, Rodney King, the LA Riots, Waco, and of course the Oklahoma City Bombing.

We must hunt the alt-right, and do whatever it takes to be a better country. But that comes on the back of generations of saying the exact same thing. There is NEVER any winning this for all times. The struggle for a more just society never stops. And chaos and terror is always one radical with a car or a gun away.
    I am aware of that, but i'm now factoring in how different the political landscape and media landscape looks compared to this now. Both of those have deteriorated while those generally played a part in calming things done, both of them now seem set on throwing fire on the oil as it benefits them.

10+ Year Old Account
    No it doesnt. You are still trying to lump the crime caused by one person onto a large group as a whole. ONce again that would be like me saying that guy who shot the cops in texas was basically BLM when in fact he was just another dumbass enraged idiot.
    Yes go ahead, say that do you think that is new? But if you say that then you better say that Alt-Right owns this.

Oh but you can't which is why you will like most with the talking points try to point to oh well they were defending themselves, this gentlemen was confused and his foot slipped.

It's cute to watch you try to protect your nazi ideology from the fallout, but really, they are celebrating in their cellars. We know they're still dancing to the tune of Polka music right this minute.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    So you're arguing that segregation, and slavery before it, justify the views of white nationalists now?
    No i didn't.
    Do you know how stupid that sounds?
    Straw men tend to be stupid.
    The vast majority of this country look at those first 200 years as America *failing* to live up to its standards.
    Ah yes, the Zeroth amendment, everyone can come to the US.
    They didn't hold to that standard, and its later imposition did not magically alter the past to include it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    No, because I didn't fucking support when people did that shit before in any protest, it's a fucking stupid move, but at least the buildings can be repaired, at least windows can be repaired, IT IS STUPID.

But people physically injured or killed that has reverberations far beyond damaging stuff.

Campuses deal with the kind of shit Antifa has been blamed for when their damn sports team wins a championship, Guess what you find them you identify them and you charge their asses and maybe expel their stupid ass. Make them pay for the damages.

Running people down with a car or shooting people in a fucking crowd, yeah why don't you go ahead and explain in detail how that is the same thing
    You know What? Fuck it. You'd probably be okay with Antifa killing people because it'd be less than the Nazis killed historically.

This is a problem. What happened today is a fucking problem. If something has to be worse than Nazis to matter, then the left is fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Remove the guy crashing into demonstrators and what do we have?

The alt-right guys were demonstrating within the rules and so were the counter demonstrators. If it wasn't for the murderer we'd have a non-story.

And the alt-right types were demonstrating the removal of a Robert E Lee statue a famous general of the Civil War and a man who many consider a hero in that area. This is an issue dear to many hearts in the South.

So let's not blow this incident out of proportion.

The big story to me is how this 20 year old guy or so became radicalized to point where he thought it was a good idea to kill someone.
    It's going to be the same as with an ISIS-wannabe who commits the exact same kind of terrorist attack.

It'll have been on the internet, in extremist (in this case, alt-right) forums, sites and chat boards with contextualized videos and information designed by the smart to radicalize the stupid and the angry. And, I'm sticking by my prediction: we're going to see, just like the ISIS-wannabes, his hateful posts on 4chan or reddit or something, about blacks, gays and "radical leftists". About Antifa and Obama. And pro-Trump and all that stuff. You can replace "radical leftists" with say, "crusaders" or "America", and "pro-Trump" with "pro-UBL", and it will be the "how to radicalize a young person in 13 steps over the internet" play that Islamists and now the Alt-Right runs.

Because they're all EXACTLY the same. Extremists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    Fake condemnation? I am not understanding what you are getting at. If someone says but X also did it then they don't understand the problem because they are justifying the action in their head. There is no justification for this sort of thing. Regardless of your views.
    Fake condemnations comes out of these things left, right and center. I am sick of people just popping out of the woodwork playing Captain Obvious and suggesting that they are in the middle or above the fray and belittle the issue on either side.

This isn't new, people are killing and murdering each other all the time over ideas, and never once is there some unison of condemnation for it, even if the usual suspects chime in to say what has already been said too much, with little action behind it.

These people HATE each other, these people want to kill others for being black, jewish, gay, or anything else they feel is Unamerican. They aren't kidding, and they don't care, so I am saying lets get beyond that.

Deleted
    We must hunt the alt-right, and do whatever it takes to be a better country.
    Nice incitement to violence. You and Trump would go good together, being able to "do whatever it takes"!

Well, technically I can do a nazi salute and not be arrested here. But in Germany, I would be even if it was my dog.

And since this is you....I don't do the nazi salute. Don't be confused and think I do.
    You know, saying stupid stuff like that really discredits you. If this is the kind of speech you're free to use you're making a mockery out of yourself. But please, keep it up. It's highly amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    I am aware of that, but i'm now factoring in how different the political landscape and media landscape looks compared to this now. Both of those have deteriorated while those generally played a part in calming things done, both of them now seem set on throwing fire on the oil as it benefits them.
    The political landscape in the 1960s, the Vietnam Era, was a complete and utter cluster-fuck compared to now. If you haven't go read up on the 1968 DNC and the struggle between the Republican factions in the 1960s and 1970s. It was really, really bad. This is nothing by comparison. Access to information has certainly changed, specifically information that confirms prejudices.

It's going to be the same as with an ISIS-wannabe who commits the exact same kind of terrorist attack.

It'll have been on the internet, in extremist (in this case, alt-right) forums, sites and chat boards with contextualized videos and information designed by the smart to radicalize the stupid and the angry. And, I'm sticking by my prediction: we're going to see, just like the ISIS-wannabes, his hateful posts on 4chan or reddit or something, about blacks, gays and "radical leftists". About Antifa and Obama. And pro-Trump and all that stuff. You can replace "radical leftists" with say, "crusaders" or "America", and "pro-Trump" with "pro-UBL", and it will be the "how to radicalize a young person in 13 steps over the internet" play that Islamists and now the Alt-Right runs.

Because they're all EXACTLY the same. Extremists.
    This. Also, we should ship the alt-right from the US/Europe to the Middle East and built a wall around it. Let them go all out on each other. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    So, you think the salute that is representing an ideology that really wanted to literally wipe Jews off the planet is particularily protection-worthy? Again, fuck your constitution if it endorses terrorist ideologies like that. :P
    That salute didn't start with the Nazi party first off. The Romans and even the United States used it well before them.

As for its protection worthiness im going to go with the other countries who only call it a crime if it's being used to promote Nazi ideology, unlike the Germany and Austria who make it a crime regardless of why it was used.

Quote Originally Posted by ForLoveOfMe View Post
    Nice incitement to violence. You and Trump would go good together, being able to "do whatever it takes"!
    That's just Skroe. He's got a touch of Cheney in him.

Quote Originally Posted by ForLoveOfMe View Post
    Who said anything about violence?

And being relentless is one of the qualities I actually like in any leader. I try to be relentless myself. Trump pretends to be, but of course, he's actually an incredibly lazy and undisciplined slob.

But I fully believe in bringing an M61 Vulcan autocannon to a knife fight. Attack. Attack. Attack. Never let up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Talking about projecting..
    To be fair, in the cases that someone that expresses that humans of a particular group deserve to be wiped off the face of the earth and have violence against them justified out of moral principal, appealing for peoples blanket moral empathy for lost human life seems at best selective.

Deleted
    Seeing stuff like this makes me happy we don't have a protest culture here in the Netherlands.

It's so pointless and often ends in violence.