10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    The political landscape in the 1960s, the Vietnam Era, was a complete and utter cluster-fuck compared to now. If you haven't go read up on the 1968 DNC and the struggle between the Republican factions in the 1960s and 1970s. It was really, really bad. This is nothing by comparison. Access to information has certainly changed, specifically information that confirms prejudices.
    Unaware of that, but were those people actually calling out to "get others"? Perhaps they were, i don't know but now with the media seeing the monetary gain from merely looking at one point of view and discrediting all others. People look up and to the media for information much more than they ever did compared to politicians, people are more likely to believe "their" media as you can see at the success of some news outlets that really should not be.

I hope this doesn't spiral out of control but i really do not see who's going to calm the situation down.

That's violence. That's out of bounds. 250 years of statements by our most enlightened and important political leaders and philosophers have made abundantly clear how unacceptable political violence is.

But being relentless in pursuance of an agenda? That's an admirable trait. Don't confalte the two.
    That's what I mean. Ambition is good. As long as you ensure your ambitions remain pure. I wouldn't expect a full 180. But it might be tempting to go further on a particularly unsavory enemy.

Thank God we still have evidence of WW2 Propaganda. I feel like we could repeat that with extremely grotesque depictions of people in plate armor and maga hats stealing women.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Yeah, I kinda did. You can do a nazi salute here and not be arrested. You do it in Germany and you will get arrested like those Chinese tourist.

Hence in one country its Illegal in all forms and the other its Illegal if used as a hate crime and even then its highly unlikely. There is a difference so simmer down.
    I just did a nazi salute. Call the police on me, I dare you.

You're forgetting a little detail about the Chinese Tourists, though... they did a nazi salute in front of the Reichstag of all places. Yeah, I'd arrest their ass, too. If only because you can't disrespect our history much more than that. It's like wearing a "I love nukes" T-Shirt in Hiroshima.

Oh, btw, because you're glossing over it... their punishment? A fine of 500 Euros. Absolutely appropriate if you ask me. Try pissing on the great wall and see how much they charge you.
    Last edited by Slant; 2017-08-13 at 08:59 AM.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    Here is my problem. Why bring up BLM then? It has absolutely nothing to do with today. The moment you bring up BLM or anyone else for that matter then it just becomes a way of saying that others are doing it too.

The blame game. I saw it throughout the election. Deflection. Surrogates go on TV and instead of talking about the matter they deflect. They bring up something else about the other person. But what about A, B or C.

If people start condemning others within their own ranks without any if's or buts then they will start to look at things rationally and hopefully they will start to look at everything with an open mind. Get a bit out of the echo chambers and try and understand the other sides viewpoint.
    Easy for the same reason the same dipshits who do start riots and loot, or commit property damage at peaceful demonstrations do the same kind of deflection. I am not saying it has the same implications as inciting death and violence as opposed to demanding redress of actual grievances.

It's how and why people can so clearly identify other people being full of shit and not themselves, and not able to actually quantify or qualify their position.

If a shooter can be identified as being part of BLM, then the guy who ran people over and the other violence from Alt-Right can be attributed to them, it is really that clear and if the argument is that it can't well then let both actions be ignored and focus on the issue, line by line, issue, by issue.

They aren't the same they aren't inspired by the same level of threat or concern. The Alt-Right espouse racist white supremacist views, and they are pissed that others aren't tolerant enough of their intolerant views.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I just did a nazi salute. Call the police on me, I dare you.

You're forgetting a little detail about the Chinese Tourists, though... they did a nazi salute in front of the Reichstag of all places. Yeah, I'd arrest their ass, too. If only because you can't disrespect our history much more than that. It's like wearing a "I love nukes" T-Shirt in Hiroshima.
    https://www.zazzle.com/i_love_nukes_...76043917625835

I had to check if you could actually own those.

Yea and people still wear Confederate flags here and we aren't hauling them off to jail in droves.

That's cool man that you did one. I've committed crimes before like speeding and such it typically doesn't matter if a police force doesn't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    Anyway, im not posting anymore into politics because there are bigots on all sides with ignorance to the reality of how rationality will always triumph over stupidity.
    Remind me, who was elected president again?

Yeah, I kinda did. You can do a nazi salute here and not be arrested. You do it in Germany and you will get arrested like those Chinese tourist.

Hence in one country its Illegal in all forms and the other its Illegal if used as a hate crime. There is a difference so simmer down.
    But you still have no more freedom, just a difference in case by case penalization. And it is also not illegal in all forms. It's just illegal in public. You can do it all you want as parts of plays, in educational scenarios. We did it in a school play. Using it 'for fun' or 'because you feel like it' however, no.

https://www.zazzle.com/i_love_nukes_...76043917625835

I had to check if you could actually own those.

Yea and people still wear Confederate flags here and we aren't hauling them off to jail in droves.
    I don't, but you'd find anything on the internet. Of course someone has such a t-shirt. :P

No offense to your history, but your confederates? Boy scouts in comparison... and it just shows just how little you guys realize what actually happened in WW2 over here.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Unaware of that, but were those people actually calling out to "get others"? Perhaps they were, i don't know but now with the media seeing the monetary gain from merely looking at one point of view and discrediting all others. People look up and to the media for information much more than they ever did compared to politicians, people are more likely to believe "their" media as you can see at the success of some news outlets that really should not be.

I hope this doesn't spiral out of control but i really do not see who's going to calm the situation down.
    Yep they did then. And it was really bad. Far worse than today.

America always does this. We burn through it like a fever. Betting against American resilience has never been a winning bet. And the reason is because our enormous, highly distributed nature makes it incredibly difficult for disruption to have a lasting impact. We're a system designed to be self sustaining.

Consider Occupy Wall Street. Back then, on these very boards, people were saying the exact same things. "Civil War", "Violence in the streets". All that stuff. It burned out in a few months.

This won't burn out that quickly because race and America is an old story. But there is a ceiling on escalation. 50 years ago someone like Ted Cruz would have capitalized on this. Today, he calls it what it is: a terrorist attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    But you still have no more freedom, just a difference in case by case penalization. And it is also not illegal in all forms. It's just illegal in public. You can do it all you want as parts of plays, in educational scenarios. We did it in a school play. Using it 'for fun' or 'because you feel like it' however, no.
    It's not illegal in public here. I guess that will be the difference.

Oh, btw, because you're glossing over it... their punishment? A fine of 500 Euros. Absolutely appropriate if you ask me. Try pissing on the great wall and see how much they charge you.
    Or the Vietnam Veterans Memorial.

America always does this. We burn through it like a fever. Betting against American resilience has never been a winning bet. And the reason is because our enormous, highly distributed nature makes it incredibly difficult for disruption to have a lasting impact. We're a system designed to be self sustaining.

Consider Occupy Wall Street. Back then, on these very boards, people were saying the exact same things. "Civil War", "Violence in the streets". All that stuff. It burned out in a few months.

This won't burn out that quickly because race and America is an old story. But there is a ceiling on escalation. 50 years ago someone like Ted Cruz would have capitalized on this. Today, he calls it what it is: a terrorist attack.
    That ceiling being called civil war?

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    That's what I mean. Ambition is good. As long as you ensure your ambitions remain pure. I wouldn't expect a full 180. But it might be tempting to go further on a particularly unsavory enemy.
    And that's just the difference between being a good person and a scum bag.

Good people will police themselves. For scum bags, there is the law.

It's not illegal in public here. I guess that will be the difference.
    Yes. But that still doesn't give you more freedom. As I said, just a case by case difference in penalization.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Or the Vietnam Veterans Memorial.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...en-months.html

I actually had to look it up, because I just knew it was going to be funny... so pissing on the Vietnam War Memorial apparently earns you 7 months in prison. But hey, talk shit about us fining Chinese for doing a nazi salute in front of the Reichstag. So much for their beloved free speech.

I don't, but you'd find anything on the internet. Of course someone has such a t-shirt. :P

No offense to your history, but your confederates? Boy scouts in comparison... and it just shows just how little you guys realize what actually happened in WW2 over here.
    Oh, the Confederacy is boy scouts and the JV team. Well, i guess this thread is kinda pointless being the Alt right is linked to the Confederacy/KKK.

I'm glad we cleared up that we should not be worried.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Fake condemnations comes out of these things left, right and center. I am sick of people just popping out of the woodwork playing Captain Obvious and suggesting that they are in the middle or above the fray and belittle the issue on either side.

This isn't new, people are killing and murdering each other all the time over ideas, and never once is there some unison of condemnation for it, even if the usual suspects chime in to say what has already been said too much, with little action behind it.

These people HATE each other, these people want to kill others for being black, jewish, gay, or anything else they feel is Unamerican. They aren't kidding, and they don't care, so I am saying lets get beyond that.
    I am certainly not in the middle. I would class myself as left of center. Here is my problem. How many people looked at who was driving the car and who they hit before they decided what side to sit on. How many times do people wait until their politicians say something before deciding what their stance on that subject should be? People aren't thinking for themselves any more. They are letting politicians and fear drive their decisions.

The problem here is that bringing up anything else is a deflection. It's a way of justifying the behavior. Almost as if to say "others made him do it" or "but others are doing it too". That doesn't deal with the issue. It feeds into things because people don't realize that their side can be wrong. Not everything that their side does is automatically right.

I understand the people hate each other. The only way that people can move forward from that is too see that they aren't always right.

The wworst thing is, when all these nazi apologists return from their well deserved forum vacation, they will still think they have been banned for "wrongthink", that these forums are a "leftie circlejerk", and that antifa is lurking in the shadows to pepperspray their grandma and torture their pet. No reflection whatsoever.

10+ Year Old Account

Skroe stop it damn it, yes 100% on all points.

The song is right you can't always get what you want grown ups understand that, and sometimes the things the things you want aren't always what you should have. Nothing in life is fair, but there should always be access no matter how annoying that can get, which is which is WHY I condemn and anybody with any sense condemns riots breaking windows and what not.

It never ever works, not once not ever. Because it automatically moves people into being defensive, and reason goes right out the window.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

I actually had to look it up, because I just knew it was going to be funny... so pissing on the Vietnam War Memorial apparently earns you 7 months in prison. But hey, talk shit about us fining Chinese for doing a nazi salute in front of the Reichstag. So much for their beloved free speech.
    Good old England and keeping up their standards on decency.

Well, to be fair, there's a difference inbetween desecrating a memorial, and that can hardly be called freedom of speech by anyone.