Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Family convicted of running modern slavery ring

http://www.itv.com/news/2017-08-11/t...-slavery-ring/

Some eleven members of the same family have been convicted of running a modern slavery ring which targeted vulnerable and homeless men, with one victim held captive for 26 years.

The victims were forced to work for little or no wages, made to live in run-down caravans or in stables next to kennels, with little or no access to heating, water and toilets, and were threatened with violence if they disobeyed their captors.

Meanwhile, the gang members lived a life of luxury, enjoying holidays to Barbados, Mexico and Australia, as well as spa days, cosmetic surgery, high-performance BMWs, and even using their ill-gotten gains to pay for a Manchester United football school.

The ten men and one woman were convicted of a mixture of fraud and slavery charges in a series of trials following raids by the police and National Crime Agency (NCA) on the Lincolnshire traveller sites in 2014.

Members of the Rooney family would go out looking for victims or the streets, hostels and shelters, offering food and accommodation.

In reality the clan targeted men who were homeless, had learning disabilities or complex drug and alcohol issues, and through a mixture of false promises, drugs, alcohol and violence, family members ensured their victims were "financially-trapped" and under their total control.

In total, 18 men aged between 18 and 63 were forced to work at sites in Drinsey Nook and Washingborough, or for the Rooneys' business, repairing properties and tarmacking drives.

Most of the victims told how they were never given safety equipment or the right clothing.

The police said victims were also "poorly fed" and often went hungry, or were given the "family's left-overs", even though they carried out manual labour for hours on end.

If victims complained, the gang would say they still owed money and would claim more labour to pay off the bogus debts.

The heartless gang provided alcohol and drugs as part of what prosecutors had described as a "grooming" process.

But as their hold on the victims increased, that illicit supply gave the clan an ever-tighter hold over their victims, including their bank accounts.

In some cases, the accounts were used to pay for gym memberships, soccer schools and building materials to supply the business.
    More in link but what a family of cunts

Fuck me, Rooney has gone and done it now. As if football doesn't pay enough already.

Fucking travellers.

The heartless gang provided alcohol and drugs as part of what prosecutors had described as a "grooming" process.

Damn. 10characters

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Coombs View Post
    Fucking travellers.
    were they gypsies?

Damn. Makes the white trash in America seem boring by comparison. Over here, it's just meth.

Deleted
    I guess the slaves can sue the rooney family to bankruptcy.

I always knew that Mickey Rooney was a bad influence. Those crazy eyes...

Imo slaves should be treated like family. Food, clothes shelter worthy of their owners, not like dogs that you put outside or animals caged up. If slaves were treated like the family of those that owned them i think more people would be cool with the idea of slavery. You dont have to pay me just let me get the services i need to be a healthy human being.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    were they gypsies?
    Irish travellers, whether or not they can legitimately be called gypsies is debatable.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Irish travellers, whether or not they can legitimately be called gypsies is debatable.
    Where they the Irish displaced in Cromwell's time?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Reprehensible and inhuman doesn't even begin to describe these people. Hopefully this family doesn't get to see the outside of a jail cell in this lifetime and hopefully their victims can recover in time.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Where they the Irish displaced in Cromwell's time?
    Nope, that theory is pretty much totally rejected.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    More in link but what a family of cunts
    Sadly it's illegal to hang them these days .
    Still not tired of winning.

Family looks inbred.

Jesus fuck, man. Shit like this makes me feel happy about my own life. Slavery just sounds like misery. I'd probably start a slave revolt and try to kill them, no way I'd be living like that for years.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing that family isn't a big fan of $15 minimum wage. Also another example of what Universal Basic Income could fix.

I mean the US government jas been involved in pedo rings and human trafficking to fund black ops, make power plays and just generally be scum for years. It's hardly surprising private citizens get up to it as well. This shit is nowhere near that bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    were they gypsies?
    Irish gypsies, if you have ever seen the movie "Snatch" you will know what I mean.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortan Rich View Post
    Irish gypsies, if you have ever seen the movie "Snatch" you will know what I mean.
    Worst of the worst