Page 21 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    I like his looks, only thing that matters to me.
    I also suspect that's a fake picture

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I also suspect that's a fake picture
    How so?

Why do you have a problem with me saying ugly to people I don't find attractive?
    If you say that you aren't attracted to someone, that is neutral.
    If you call a person ugly, that's an insult.
    A person can be less lucky with looks, without you feeling the need to use that against them .
    Words have meaning.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlz0rz View Post
    A person can be less lucky with looks, without you feeling the need to use that against them .
    Words have meaning.
    I wish there was a like button. You worded it really well.

deviantART
    Simple Armory EU
    Simple Armory US
    Lodestone

15+ Year Old Account
    Words have meaning.
    How everyone hasn't added that person to their block list, I have no idea. "Her" posts read like something from a troll and are so self-important. They made this thread their soapbox really fast.

Deleted
    How so?
    Because I have been on the online dating scene for 15 years and can spot fake profiles easy... That picture is a textbook professional model picture, bare chest, abs, open wet shirt, by water, posing for camera

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Because I have been on the online dating scene for 15 years and can spot fake profiles easy... That picture is a textbook professional model picture, bare chest, abs, open wet shirt, by water, posing for camera
    I don't see why that would make it fake.

Deleted
    I don't see why that would make it fake.
    Then you're naive beyond belief

Fake profiles usually use model pictures and/or claim to be models
    Most genuine models don't online date or use professional pictures for this reason
    Last edited by mmoc1f234b9ee4; 2017-08-13 at 01:53 PM.

Ticked to search for women but this is only women who search for women too, but you be the judge:

http://i.imgur.com/U6ien5Y.jpg
    Most of those are average.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Most of those are average.
    What I notice, is that a lot of women will also use HEAVY amounts of photoshop on their pictures. Inflating their looks even more, besides just make-up ^^.

What I notice, is that a lot of women will also use HEAVY amounts of photoshop on their pictures. Inflating their looks even more, besides just make-up ^^.
    Yeah that's why I said they're average. Some do look cute but I count makeup as cheating.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    They stone to death gay people in Poland.
    You should move if you value your life.
    I actually feel offended by what you just said. Not only because it is an utter lie, but I also get sarcastic-homophobic vibe from this.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    I read it just fine. Surprise, there are even studies that show emoji use varies by age and culture. For me, that ain't the secret signal for sarcasm, that's the "yuck" face and indicates distaste.
    Interesting. Never known a "razz" (raspberry, blowing air through one's mouth while it's closed over your tongue) to be indicative of disgust.

Probably because between ads, adblockers, China filtering US sites, non Chinese sites worried about Chinese spam, and who knows what else, I'm getting to enter everything by hand. It will get sorted out in a week or two.
    Ah. Bummer. OK.

You're the one not getting the point, and trying to force everything into the box you know. For the love of kittens, since you can't be assed to actually click the links in my early response, at least be bright enough to use Google and get an idea that there is a specific use for "high context" and "low context" in cross cultural communication. If you can't bother to inform yourself on that point, you're just being pig ignorant

Your "point" about this being an English language forum is based on language; however, this is also an international forum, with posters from all over the world. There is no "onus" such as you've dreamed up, effective communication requires effort from both sides and it would be better if some of our members would remember that.

<irrelevant blabbering>
    Except that's my point. My native tongue is English. This forum is English-only. I don't need to "read up" on "cross-culture communication" or the difference between high and low context, as the only relevant context is English and its associated context. If I'm looking to date someone whose native language than mine or if I'm taking a vacation to a different country, then yeah, it's important to understand the cultural differences. On a gaming forum with random people? Not even relevant.

Ticked to search for women but this is only women who search for women too, but you be the judge:

Only attractive one to me is the blonde on the bottom, second from the right. But then I'm not into Asian chics, so.

Why do you have a problem with me saying ugly to people I don't find attractive?
    "Ugly" means, "very unattractive or unpleasant to look at; offensive to the sense of beauty; displeasing in appearance" and is inherently rude/insulting. "Unattractive" simply means "not attractive".

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    "Ugly" means, "very unattractive or unpleasant to look at; offensive to the sense of beauty; displeasing in appearance" and is inherently rude/insulting. "Unattractive" simply means "not attractive".
    I don't get it, I looked it up. Unattractive is said to be not pleasing or appealing to look at, ugly is unpleasant or repulsive, especially in appearance? Unpleasant in appearance = not pleasing to look at = ugly? Why is it wrong to use ugly when it means the same thing?
    Last edited by Freighter; 2017-08-13 at 04:59 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't get it, I looked it up. Unattractive is said to be not pleasing or appealing to look at, ugly is unpleasant or repulsive, especially in appearance? Unpleasant in appearance = not pleasing to look at = ugly?
    There's a thing called tact. Look that up too.

Deleted
    I don't get it, I looked it up. Unattractive is said to be not pleasing or appealing to look at, ugly is unpleasant or repulsive, especially in appearance? Unpleasant in appearance = not pleasing to look at = ugly? Why is it wrong to use ugly when it means the same thing?
    Perhaps you need to relearn English

Also ugly is unpleasant or repulsive, especially in appearance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame
    Interesting. Never known a "razz" (raspberry, blowing air through one's mouth while it's closed over your tongue) to be indicative of disgust.
    Google Mr Yuk. Maybe it was before your time

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame
    This forum is English-only. (and drivel)
    It is international, a key point you keep conveniently attempting to ignore.

You're a "native speaker" ... of what? Which American dialect? Do you drink soda, or pop? Do you speak Standard received? Do you speak one of the many UK dialects? Maybe you prefer Australian English? Go do some research and find out just how varied "English" is and how that plays out with culture. Your display of ignorance is appalling. Consider this example:

Quote Originally Posted by adams86hadow
    Why is it a section of MMOC still don't understand that Asian in the UK generally refers to people with South Asian origin, particularly Indians, Pakistanis, Bangladeshis and Sri Lankans in the "ethnic group" section of UK census forms, which treat "Asian" and "Chinese" as separate? Is it plain stupidity or deliberate ignorance to try and invent a fictitious argument? I mean it isn't a difficult concept
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

7+ Year Old Account
    "Ugly" is the opposite of "beautiful". "Unattractive" is simply not "beautiful" but not "ugly" either. It's the "neutral" point between "beautiful" and repulsive ("ugly"). "Ugly", when used colloquially, infers the "repulsive" part of the definition.

There's only one woman there I'd say is beautiful (#4 on the third row), but in total, I'd only consider swiping right on her and maybe the first one on the third row.

The rest I won't call ugly, but I would most definitely swipe left.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Ugly? Holy absurd standards, Batman. Objectively, there's a couple of 6's and maybe a 7. You're about a 7 with makeup.
    Lmao that's obviously not her in the avatar. Wow..