Page 40 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Narveid View Post
    Revamped world, deeper character customization, new class / race combinations, Azshara, N'Zoth, new weapon types *shrug*
    How are you defining most of these as a selling point? Race/class combination shouldn't even be included since almost every expansion had that. Weapon types could turn out to be a huge flop.

And by "deeper character customization" is that suppose to mean sub races? If it's just more hairstyles, then that's a very low selling point as well.

Revamped world I like since the destroyed zones from the Cataclysm need to go, like asap.

7+ Year Old Account
    Interesting fact - WoW expansions have some patterns in names.

1 - Mists of Pandaria - Warlords of Draenor

2 - Cataclysm - Legion

Its leaves TBC and WOTLK so if Veil of the Shadow is correct then we have:

Wrath of the Lich King - Veil of the Shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post

1 - Mists of Pandaria - Warlords of Draenor

2 - Cataclysm - Legion

Its leaves TBC and WOTLK so if Veil of the Shadow is correct then we have:

Wrath of the Lich King - Veil of the Shadow
    Honestly, I was sorting thinking about the naming thing last night while trying to go to sleep. It was nothing more than just lunacy on my part (having trouble sleeping, lately) but I just thought it was kind of interesting.

We had:
    The Burning Crusade
    Wrath of the Lich King
    Cataclysm
    Mists of Pandaria
    Warlords of Draenor
    Legion

So it would "make sense" that the next one will be something like Veil of Shadows (or some other more than 1 word name expansion), then the next one will be another expac with a 3 or 4 word name title and the one after that a single title.

Sure, it's straw grasping at it's finest (maybe not finest, but yeah, heh.) but it was something int the back of my mind.

this is what the guy leaked Legion last time wrote a while ago (july 2017):

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post46512421

quote:

"Check my post history. Had a friend who worked as a GM in Austin, TX for Big Blue. He no longer works there (obvious reason) because he told me about Legion. I regurgitated it here. I got threatened with a legal suit if I didn't tell the deputy legal attorney who told me about Legion. Since I had a son on the way a few weeks from that point I couldn't take the chance of any legal action crap. Friend who worked at Big Blue is still friends with me and, after the dust settled, actually thanked me because he was miserable there.

But I digress, these leak threads are gonna pop up and eventually someone gets it correct."

so, Jericho21 will not spoil/confirm this time (http://www.mmo-champion.com/members/1077161-Jericho21).
    Last edited by Niwes; 2017-08-13 at 02:29 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lagmoose View Post
    Honestly, I was sorting thinking about the naming thing last night while trying to go to sleep. It was nothing more than just lunacy on my part (having trouble sleeping, lately) but I just thought it was kind of interesting.

We had:
    The Burning Crusade
    Wrath of the Lich King
    Cataclysm
    Mists of Pandaria
    Warlords of Draenor
    Legion

So it would "make sense" that the next one will be something like Veil of Shadows (or some other more than 1 word name expansion), then the next one will be another expac with a 3 or 4 word name title and the one after that a single title.

Sure, it's straw grasping at it's finest (maybe not finest, but yeah, heh.) but it was something int the back of my mind.
    Yea. With TBC and WOTLK left i cant see something like The South Seas (TBC - TSS) and Veil of the Shadow (WotLK - VotS)

Quote Originally Posted by ace94 View Post
    What is the selling point of this expansion? Really? Tell me?

From what I read from OP this is just Warlords of Draenor fused with Cataclysm 2.0. Can anyone correct me if I am wrong? It doesn't sound exciting at all.
    It's a mess. The five plot points around the pillars are all their own thing unless they somehow tie together later with Nzoth (which could be cool but only if they don't fuck it up). It's as disjointed as cata but without a world event or major villain tying it together.

Also, heroic 120 uldaman and brd confirmed? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    If you aren't smart enough to read between posts to see a whole conversation you should probably stay off forums and go back to school.
    Its called "sarcasm"

Quote Originally Posted by ace94 View Post
    How are you defining most of these as a selling point? Race/class combination shouldn't even be included since almost every expansion had that. Weapon types could turn out to be a huge flop.

And by "deeper character customization" is that suppose to mean sub races? If it's just more hairstyles, then that's a very low selling point as well.

Revamped world I like since the destroyed zones from the Cataclysm need to go, like asap.
    Imho it has several selling points, lets give them school marks:

- Class / race combinations: C
    - Warships: B
    - New customization: A
    - Altering your skills: B
    - New weapons: B
    - Revamped world: A-C (depends on how it's done)

I'd say overall it has better "features" than Cataclysm and WoD but worse than TBC, WotLK, MoP and Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    It's a mess. The five plot points around the pillars are all their own thing unless they somehow tie together later with Nzoth (which could be cool but only if they don't fuck it up). It's as disjointed as cata but without a world event or major villain tying it together.

Also, heroic 120 uldaman and brd confirmed? Lol
    The five plot points are tied together by the "big bad evil" that's behind it (N'zoth).
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    Whats the chance for this veil of shadows thing to be fake? damn it sounds like a filler similar to mop ((((
    if you think mop was a filler xpac you didnt played it. it was one of the most done right xpacs in the last years. they focused on stuff and did it right. it had good lore (regardless if you like pandas or not), a clean economic setup, good raids, good side stuff.

lions stuff and trex island was a bit lame, but isle of thunder was great, timeless isle was ok. ToT was one of the best raids since years, heart of fear and starter raid were ok. dungeons were ok. challenge mode was ok. scenarios was ok. myth raiding was great. valor points concept was good (to get it in small pieces from everywhere). farm was good. world bosses were a bit lame. big adds at the end for hunting rep stuff etc. was great. stuff like fishing was good. adventuring was good. lore and world was well rounded.

all in all MoP was one of the better xpacs. even when you didnt liked the setup etc. it was REALLY not a filler xpac. even WoD wasnt thaaaat fillerish to me. and that was lightyears more filler than MoP.

imo the only ppl that can call MoP a filler xpac are ppl that played it for 2-3 months, didnt liked it and quitted. cant imagine somone that completely played it with all aspects and after that telling you its a filler xpac.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2017-08-13 at 02:44 PM.

No new race or class (or specs)? They did that once and it backfired, I doubt they will make the same mistake again.
    @Niwes, storywise it was filler content though. It completed the story of Wrathion, gave Anduin more attention and glued Garrosh into the Draenor storyline, but it never felt like a World threatening situation. The only thing that were need to alter the 'past' is Garrosh bringing the Iron Horde tech to Draenor. But let's be honost, did the story really need Pandaria for that? They just had to move to another continent after Cataclysm, so they added Pandaria. But the events towards WoD could also have taken place on Kalimdor or Eastern Kingdoms with some other hidden power.
    Last edited by Nohara; 2017-08-13 at 03:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Ehh, mop was a filler story wise, therefore it's called a filler expansion, just like WoD.
    They didn't progress any of the main stories with the exception of lorewalker cho's small vision about Zandalar sinking and Wrathion's legion invasion but those lasted like 1 minute each so not much content there.

Everything else was a giant filler.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nohara View Post
    No new race or class (or specs)? They did that once and it backfired, I doubt they will make the same mistake again.
    Yeah, they cannot afford to ignore new races / classes from now on with the amount of competition they get from mmos that can also be played on consoles (FFXIV, ESO, Destiny)

FFXIV in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by Akande Ogundimu View Post
    Ehh, mop was a filler story wise, therefore it's called a filler expansion, just like WoD.
    They didn't progress any of the main stories with the exception of lorewalker cho's small vision about Zandalar sinking and Wrathion's legion invasion but those lasted like 1 minute each so not much content there.

Everything else was a giant filler.
    No? MoP was no filler. It set all the events that resulted in Legion. Was just the start of an "expansion-trilogy". The story with Y'Shaaraj and the Sha was pretty well done and is part of the WC universe as every other story.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, they cannot afford to ignore new races / classes from now on with the amount of competition they get from mmos that can also be played on consoles (FFXIV, ESO, Destiny)

FFXIV in particular.
    A "job" in FFXIV is nothing more than a usual WoW spec. It's not like Black Mage in FFXIV is the same as Mage in WoW. Black Mage has exactly 1 spec whereas a Mage has 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    No? MoP was no filler. It set all the events that resulted in Legion. Was just the start of an "expansion-trilogy". The story with Y'Shaaraj and the Sha was pretty well done and is part of the WC universe as every other story.

- - - Updated - - -

A "job" in FFXIV is nothing more than a usual WoW spec. It's not like Black Mage in FFXIV is the same as Mage in WoW. Black Mage has exactly 1 spec whereas a Mage has 3.
    I mentioned FFXIV because it's been doing as well as WoW. And see, had classes in WoW been like that then there wouldn't have been that insane balancing issue they've been facing since classic (with the exception of TBC)

Also, MoP was the biggest filler expansion we've ever gotten, it didn't set up shit in terms of the Legion. The only piece we got about the Legion in MoP was when Wrathion showed us the infernal rain over Azeroth and that was a 1 minute dialogue.

WoD was just the same, using old villains to complement the movie (it's the only reason why WoD was created and you see how that went)
    and wow, surprise! Another old villain as the final boss of that expansion!

But then came Legion which put it back on track. As I said, they can no longer afford to do as they please in future expansions, they gotta work towards the end goal now instead of visiting these irrelevant stories from irrelevant characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    The old zones maybe, they didn't do that with vanilla zones and cata has been around for a long while. I'm up for another revamp.
    as long as they preserve the current zones yes, else it's damaging

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    as long as they preserve the current zones yes, else it's damaging
    They've got the tech to allow you to switch between zones now, so if they scale the new zones from 1-110 and still let us keep the normal zones the way they are, then I think it'll be a good expansion.

I mentioned FFXIV because it's been doing as well as WoW. And see, had classes in WoW been like that then there wouldn't have been that insane balancing issue they've been facing since classic (with the exception of TBC)

Also, MoP was the biggest filler expansion we've ever gotten, it didn't set up shit in terms of the Legion. The only piece we got about the Legion in MoP was when Wrathion showed us the infernal rain over Azeroth and that was a 1 minute dialogue.

WoD was just the same, using old villains to complement the movie (it's the only reason why WoD was created and you see how that went)
    and wow, surprise! Another old villain as the final boss of that expansion!

But then came Legion which put it back on track. As I said, they can no longer afford to do as they please in future expansions, they gotta work towards the end goal now instead of visiting these irrelevant stories from irrelevant characters.
    MoP set all the events resulting in WoD and eventually in Legion. All of the Garrosh storyline that was used later in WoD and resulted in "resurrecting" Gul'dan who then came to Azeroth and let the Legion invade it was set up during MoP.

I mean we dealt with one Old God in MoP and to date it's - in my opinion - the most interesting Old God story yet. If one expansion is "filler" then it's WoD and not MoP. Sure MoP had no Legion or Scourge stuff going on but it had still Old Gods and the "start" of the Legion invasion now. You really need to see MoP as the first part of a trilogy which started with MoP and concluded with Legion. I mean nobody would call Lord of the Rings - The Fellowship of the Ring filler, right?

7+ Year Old Account
    What? Pandaria - Sha - Y'Shaaraj - Mad Garrosh - Garrosh escape in AU - AU Guldan - Legion. What you talking about?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Someone doesn't know lore.
    Yea *point on BoL*

10+ Year Old Account
    They've got the tech to allow you to switch between zones now, so if they scale the new zones from 1-110 and still let us keep the normal zones the way they are, then I think it'll be a good expansion.
    good point they did that for the cataclysm blasted land now replaced by a v3

I just wish that at this point that if they revamp all Azeroth they don't use the bronze NPCs like in the Blasted Lands but instead, make access to all the zones outdated story wise after next expansion (Old Northrend, Outland, Broken Isles, Draenor) accessible via portals with a small bronze dragonflight quest. That way, we keep aaaaaall the old content available, yet the world feels actualised and we can fix the timeline! 1-110: revamped zones, 110-120: new zones, and it keeps going with next expansions. It won't have to be fixed again because if we got a revamp of old Azeroth, it will be probably be the last one.

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Our signatures will prove us right! Or wrong. Nevermind, if we're wrong you're quickly creating a bunch of Taylor Queen Swift memes to distract everybody!
    Hopefully I won't have to make another Queen T meme haha, the Warlords of Aquapark was already sufficient (so many Taylorssss in it!)

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    That's coincidence, not a pattern. You might fall over if you reach any farther. Blizzard uses a fairly limited pallet for their game titles - that's your pattern.
    Last edited by elaina; 2017-08-13 at 03:40 PM.