Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    And the alt-right types were demonstrating the removal of a Robert E Lee statue a famous general of the Civil War and a man who many consider a hero in that area. This is an issue dear to many hearts in the South.
    If you hold people like Lee in any esteem you are a racist and a traitor to the US. Sorry. Fuck the sensibilities of those vile people.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    Two queries:
    Where did Chris Ray Gun lay blame on the left for the murder?
    Must your arguments always be in poor faith?
    His whole point was that the left using the term Nazi all the time somehow paved the way for Nazis to stage this rally,

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    The rally was about Charlottsville removing a statue of General Robert E Lee hero of the Confederate States in the Civil War.
    And the Republican Party's demigod, Ronald Reagan, announced his campaign in the place where civil rights activists were murdered, all the while speaking of "state's rights". This is all part and parcel.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

I personally don't shed a tear for anyone injured in this manner. I do not know the context of the video and I don't really care which group was marching down the street. I'm in full support of protesting and having your voice heard. But this bullshit of interrupting the average person or shutting down the ability of others to freely travel is going to be met with hostility. I applaud NC for trying to protect the drivers. There have been several incidents in which out of fear, motorists have been stopped and then pulled from their vehicles and badly injured if not killed. That speaks nothing to the damage of property.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    citation missing, not to mention that's one large jump in conclusion from going to personal responsibility to racist and sexist ideals and no the GOP as a whole has been running low ever since Tea party and what not amateur hour movements took it over.

The irony here is that you are part of that other unreasonable club and can't even see it.
    Tell me the conservative explanation for crime and income disparities between blacks and whites, without abandoning the idea that everyone gets what they deserve.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    I personally don't shed a tear for anyone injured in this manner. I do not know the context of the video and I don't really care which group was marching down the street. I'm in full support of protesting and having your voice heard. But this bullshit of interrupting the average person or shutting down the ability of others to freely travel is going to be met with hostility. I applaud NC for trying to protect the drivers. There have been several incidents in which out of fear, motorists have been stopped and then pulled from their vehicles and badly injured if not killed. That speaks nothing to the damage of property.
    This guy was driving down an almost empty street and sped up into a crowd that was hundreds of feet down the road.
    -ynnady

There is one major problem, the driver was not in any danger. He simply sped down a street and crashed into pedestrians.

Before I begin, I feel like I am force to state that I am against what happened in Charlottesville. Whoever charged the car against those people needs to be punished according to the law. I believe in equality in the sense that we should not treat anyone better or worst just because of their genitals nor because of the color of their skin.
    I also believe in free-speech, which means that I believe that the counter-protests had as much right as the protesters to voice their opinion. I am against any unwarranted and unprovoked violence.

What we saw on Charlottesville is only going to escalate. For the past 11 months that is all that has been happening. Hell, for the past 2 years that is what has been happening. I've seen many pinpoint the origin of the alt-right problem as the election of Trump. But I disagree completely. Trump getting elected did not embolden the extremists on the right. It was not Trump's rhetoric that made them violent. What made the fringe groups within the right-wing act the way they are now were the extreme left ideologues that began putting the blame of all their problems on the "evil white capitalist man".

To be more precise, groups like Antifa and BLM have been spouting non-stop that "you are either with us, or against us", and throwing labels on anyone for the slightest disagreements. Over this period of time, words like sexist, racist and even Nazi have lost their value, due to the tactics employed by those two groups: "There are no bad tactics, only bad targets."

It doesn't matter how noble the origins of BLM were if they act like savages burning their own city (Baltimore), silencing any that criticizes them, justifying and cheering for violence against cops and white people, all the while calling anyone that disagree with their actions as racists. Then we have Antifa that have been making headlines since last year. They are at their best a bunch of vandals ready to destroy and pillage, and at their worst they are cultists, ready to lay down their life for their ideology. If you dare question them you are labeled a Nazi. And let us not forget about By Any Means Necessary (BAMN), which in recent years has literally become a cult!

All this groups have been rampart in this last two years, yet we have many defending them, saying it is ok to silence those that commit "wrong think". It is ok to assault someone because of their opinions. And then, whenever a group that is against any of them decides to make a protest, no matter how small, they show up and protests that were at first peaceful, become battlegrounds. The best example would be Berkeley.

Richard Spencer, no matter how low of a human being he is, no matter how despicable his views are, no one has the right to punch him when he has done nothing wrong. Punching Nazis when they didn't commit any crimes is not ok. Punching Antifa when they didn't commit any crimes is not ok. Punching BLM when they didn't commit any crimes is not ok. Punching anyone when they didn't commit any crimes is not ok. Unfortunately, we live in a society that have flexible morals, where having the wrong opinion is enough ground to remove any constitutional right they might have had.

And if you do hold a "wrong" point of view and you get silenced, people will cheer, pat themselves in the back because of how "virtuous" they are. But that is how you get extremists views to fester. That is how you make ideologues believe with even more fervor in their doctrines. You cannot kill ideas by silencing dissenters. That doesn't work and has never worked. Didn't work in Rome, didn't work under the USSR and will not work now. If you want to dismantle bad ideas you need to bring them to the light, you need to shine a spotlight on top of them and discuss them! You can only kill an idea with a better idea. It is not ridicule, it is not character assassination, it is not with violence!

The worst part? The far-left has been alienating people from both the center-left and center-right. Any that defends the rights of what the fringe groups on the left perceive as "The Enemy" is considered a sympathizer, and considering the leanings of this forum, I am sure someone will unironically call me "Nazi sympathizer" because I use nuance on my judgement.

Violence started because of the Extreme-Left, and now the extreme-right is answering it back. I have no doubts that they will in turn strike-back and things will keep on escalating. There are few ways now to defuse the situation, and most of them require a soul-searching from both groups. Unfortunately, many here will just dismiss it all as the other side's fault, claim that they are in the "right side of history" and perpetuate their actions, if not double down.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    If you hold people like Lee in any esteem you are a racist and a traitor to the US. Sorry. Fuck the sensibilities of those vile people.
    I cannot understand how someone can be offended by a statue.

Quote Originally Posted by Balrogix View Post
    Before I begin, I feel like I am force to state that I am against what happened in Charlottesville. Whoever charged the car against those people needs to be punished according to the law. I believe in equality in the sense that we should not treat anyone better or worst just because of their genitals nor because of the color of their skin.
    I also believe in free-speech, which means that I believe that the counter-protests had as much right as the protesters to voice their opinion. I am against any unwarranted and unprovoked violence.

What we saw on Charlottesville is only going to escalate. For the past 11 months that is all that has been happening. Hell, for the past 2 years that is what has been happening. I've seen many pinpoint the origin of the alt-right problem as the election of Trump. But I disagree completely. Trump getting elected did not embolden the extremists on the right. It was not Trump's rhetoric that made them violent. What made the fringe groups within the right-wing act the way they are now were the extreme left ideologues that began putting the blame of all their problems on the "evil white capitalist man".

To be more precise, groups like Antifa and BLM have been spouting non-stop that "you are either with us, or against us", and throwing labels on anyone for the slightest disagreements. Over this period of time, words like sexist, racist and even Nazi have lost their value, due to the tactics employed by those two groups: "There are no bad tactics, only bad targets."

It doesn't matter how noble the origins of BLM were if they act like savages burning their own city (Baltimore), silencing any that criticizes them, justifying and cheering for violence against cops and white people, all the while calling anyone that disagree with their actions as racists. Then we have Antifa that have been making headlines since last year. They are at their best a bunch of vandals ready to destroy and pillage, and at their worst they are cultists, ready to lay down their life for their ideology. If you dare question them you are labeled a Nazi. And let us not forget about By Any Means Necessary (BAMN), which in recent years has literally become a cult!

All this groups have been rampart in this last two years, yet we have many defending them, saying it is ok to silence those that commit "wrong think". It is ok to assault someone because of their opinions. And then, whenever a group that is against any of them decides to make a protest, no matter how small, they show up and protests that were at first peaceful, become battlegrounds. The best example would be Berkeley.

Richard Spencer, no matter how low of a human being he is, no matter how despicable his views are, no one has the right to punch him when he has done nothing wrong. Punching Nazis when they didn't commit any crimes is not ok. Punching Antifa when they didn't commit any crimes is not ok. Punching BLM when they didn't commit any crimes is not ok. Punching anyone when they didn't commit any crimes is not ok. Unfortunately, we live in a society that have flexible morals, where having the wrong opinion is enough ground to remove any constitutional right they might have had.

And if you do hold a "wrong" point of view and you get silenced, people will cheer, pat themselves in the back because of how "virtuous" they are. But that is how you get extremists views to fester. That is how you make ideologues believe with even more fervor in their doctrines. You cannot kill ideas by silencing dissenters. That doesn't work and has never worked. Didn't work in Rome, didn't work under the USSR and will not work now. If you want to dismantle bad ideas you need to bring them to the light, you need to shine a spotlight on top of them and discuss them! You can only kill an idea with a better idea. It is not ridicule, it is not character assassination, it is not with violence!

The worst part? The far-left has been alienating people from both the center-left and center-right. Any that defends the rights of what the fringe groups on the left perceive as "The Enemy" is considered a sympathizer, and considering the leanings of this forum, I am sure someone will unironically call me "Nazi sympathizer" because I use nuance on my judgement.

Violence started because of the Extreme-Left, and now the extreme-right is answering it back. I have no doubts that they will in turn strike-back and things will keep on escalating. There are few ways now to defuse the situation, and most of them require a soul-searching from both groups. Unfortunately, many here will just dismiss it all as the other side's fault, claim that they are in the "right side of history" and perpetuate their actions, if not double down.
    So the alt-right had to begin running people over with their cars and murdering people because the left said mean things to them? You are delusional. You should ask yourself what sickness inside you makes you so reflexively try to blame the actions of your comrades on the people they murder.
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan View Post
    So basically there is no proof that the guy did it on purpose?

Did the police not question him yet?
    Yes he did it on purpose. That is why he is being charged with murder. He had almost 2 whole blocks to slow down and stop, but he sped up and hit the other cars going at least 40 or 50 mph.

This wasn't an accident. This was someone directly involved in the rally specifically going out of his way to drive into the counterprotesters.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by Balrogix View Post
    Bla bla bla
    "I only became a Nazi because people called me a Nazi."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    And here he is with his Hitler Youth haircut holding a shield with the fasces on them yesterday.

But they aren't fascists, Antifa is! The fasces symbols on the shields are a coincidence!

/s

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    Because we don't want our government honoring people who tried to destroy America. It's the same reason we don't want the government putting up statues honoring Hitler.
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    Because publicly honoring those who fought to uphold slavery doesn't exactly say "we respect black individuals as actual people."

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    This guy was driving down an almost empty street and sped up into a crowd that was hundreds of feet down the road.
    That's an assumption.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    There is one major problem, the driver was not in any danger. He simply sped down a street and crashed into pedestrians.
    That's an assumption too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    This wasn't an accident. This was someone directly involved in the rally specifically going out of his way to drive into the counterprotesters.
    This is also another assumption.

If you play the first video and close your eyes followed by opening your ears most people could make out the sound of scraping and smashing noises. By the 2-3 second mark you can hear someone yell out "fucker" and people throwing objects at the car. The person with the camera specifically either started recording the car at the exact moment for a reason, indicating there was something previous to the start of the video causing attention, or edited it in order to eliminate any preceding incident which would potentially provide defense for the driver.

This isn't common or new out of these protests for the last several years.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    The same people are also bashing Trump for taking close to an hour to publicly criticize this event - but would be up and arms if he was to tweet something bad, about "Islamic Terrorism" until all the facts had been gathered.
    Trump did NOT condemn the white nationalists. He always is very precise when putting blame on people. Yet here he was being milquetoast, generic ... "many sides".

The Daily Stormer was delighted that he did not condemn the actual people. That is a problem and he needs to be called out for that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    "I only became a Nazi because people called me a Nazi."
    You mean how its always claimed that immigrants turn criminal because society treats them as such?

10+ Year Old Account
    It was the Republican Party that violated international law and invaded Iraq, plunging the entire region into chaos. It was not some fringe group. So much for law and order.

The Republican Party right now contains numerous politicians who hold national office who have been caught cheating on their wives, using prostitutes, and even coercing women into abortions, while running on "family values". The same party that overwhelmingly supports President pussy-grabber who makes gross and lewd comments about his own daughter. So much for values too, I guess.

It's the Republican President that says Mexico is sending rapists and murderers here, and spreads conspiracy theories about illegal Mexicans voting and how the black President was a secret Kenyan Muslim. What's that about xenophobia?

It's the Republican Vice President who wanted to use government funds to pay for gay reparative therapy, and it's the Republican President who said we need to do something to close up parts of the internet and that we should abandon the freedom of the press if journalists are mean to him. So much for "less government".

According to your location, you don't live in America, so maybe these points don't seem related to you, but this is a thread about America.
    Both parties voted for the war. The invasion wasn't the cause of chaos the aftermath was the cause. That being said outside of the US and the UK there was little support for that war without proof of WMD's to begin with.

I already commented on how the Republican party hardly represents conservatives values in its current form, also hypocrisy can be found on both sides. Trump is a good example of that. Also already commented on how that group can't form a coherent argument about immigration.

Also already commented on more government and again see previous point.

The alt right is present everywhere and been around for a long time and aren't exclusively part of the US, recently a person part of the youth of my party got removed due to his use of meme's inappropriately, not that such things belong in politics to begin with, he couldn't form a decent defense for himself on national television and made an ass of himself as to be expected.

In any case i asked for conservative values and all you did was "look at the current republican!" which i already said has been taken over by alt-right and groups like the tea party. So in all honesty you did not answer my question at all and actually confirmed what i said previously.

Because we don't want our government honoring people who tried to destroy America. It's the same reason we don't want the government putting up statues honoring Hitler.
    Again, this is a slippery slope. History happened whether you like it or not. There are plenty of controversial leftist statues as well but I prefer to remember history, not try to rewrite.

That's an assumption.

That's an assumption too.

If you play the first video and close your eyes followed by opening your ears most people could make out the sound of scraping and smashing noises. By the 2-3 second mark you can hear someone yell out "fucker" and people throwing objects at the car. The person with the camera specifically either started recording the car at the exact moment for a reason, indicating there was something previous to the start of the video causing attention, or edited it in order to eliminate any preceding incident which would potentially provide defense for the driver.

This isn't common or new out of these protests for the last several years.
    You know theres a video that shows him speeding down multiple empty blocks to hit the crowd, right?
    -ynnady