Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    You know theres a video that shows him speeding down multiple empty blocks to hit the crowd, right?
    You're more than welcome to link it.

Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    This is also another assumption.

If you play the first video and close your eyes followed by opening your ears most people could make out the sound of scraping and smashing noises. By the 2-3 second mark you can hear someone yell out "fucker" and people throwing objects at the car. The person with the camera specifically either started recording the car at the exact moment for a reason, indicating there was something previous to the start of the video causing attention, or edited it in order to eliminate any preceding incident which would potentially provide defense for the driver.

This isn't common or new out of these protests for the last several years.
    No, it isn't, it's a direct takeaway from public police statements and pictures from the earlier rally. The suspect was at the rally, and police are treating this as an intentional incident.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by Balrogix View Post
    Deflection and ignorance the post
    Post on your actual account.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    Again, this is a slippery slope. History happened whether you like it or not. There are plenty of controversial leftist statues as well but I prefer to remember history, not try to rewrite.
    You have a misunderstanding of what these statues are for. These statues were part up long after the Civil War when people were attempting to rewrite the history of the Civil War to make it appear more honorable. That's the whole point of the statue. This isn't a period statue from the war. It has no historical significance. It's a statue put up decades later.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    No, no, its the "new-right", not the "alt-right", the "alt-right" are terrorist, we're the "new right".

you need to stay on top of the narrative:
    Calling bollocks here. New-right is the "new-new" rebrand of being a toxic hateful idiot. Alt-Right was an attempt by the ilks of Bannon and Spencer to rebrand the toxic Neo-Nazi into something more "acceptable".

It's a bunch of Neo Nazis who realized that their brand is publicly unacceptable so they created the "Alt-Right"...Look- we are fun now! We got memes and Pepe!

It's basically a "Join the Dark Side, we have cookies!" or it's not "Ecstasy it's Molly"! That doesn't change the fact that the ideological core is the same rotten bullshit.

I do give props to the ilk of Spencer and Bannon for actually pulling off the rebrand. Tho of course it's only a matter of time until people catch on to the fact that it's all the same shit in a different wrapper. It's not racist hillbillies LARPing with Confederate flags anymore, it's racist hillbillies with undercuts and ironed shirts with Confederate flags now.

Also...Paul Joseph Watson? Really? That dude shoots horseshit out of his mouth faster than a Tommy Gun, he just manages to not look batshit crazy like Alex Jones while doing it, but it has the same intellectual caliber.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2017-08-13 at 02:52 PM.

Again, this is a slippery slope. History happened whether you like it or not. There are plenty of controversial leftist statues as well but I prefer to remember history, not try to rewrite.
    No, it's not. We can still teach history without publicly honoring the people who were part of it. I don't even want the statues destroyed, just removed from positions of public honor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    The statue was supposed to go to a museum.
    ...And what left wing statues in the US?

Tell me the conservative explanation for crime and income disparities between blacks and whites, without abandoning the idea that everyone gets what they deserve.
    The explanation I hear from conservatives is that they have different cultures - what I've personally found to be true is that "acting white" by doing well in school and even wearing certain clothing or talking a certain (educated) way is punished. So certain people in african american cultures are keeping other blacks in the gutter through racial identity culture. This doesn't seem to be true for immigrants or black people in other countries, that I know of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn5f5qyf7io
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    Luckily, they still aren't as violent as antifa or BLM.
    Yeah, they are more violent, especially since they escalated to murder and terrorism.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Because publicly honoring those who fought to uphold slavery doesn't exactly say "we respect black individuals as actual people."
    This is in the same category as burning books, you can also view the statue as a symbol of what not to do in the future but tearing it down just does not seem right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tell me the conservative explanation for crime and income disparities between blacks and whites, without abandoning the idea that everyone gets what they deserve.
    To go into that we need to acknowledge the problems with minorities including how the government handled to situation. I also don't get how supposedly everyone gets what they deserve is a conservative value. But unlike the american counter parts i do believe that government needs a hand in the matter to not create lost generations, this however comes with terms when getting unemployment and other aid, which is where we differ from the left.

Honestly you seem to be making up things as you go even if i include the differences in ideology between european and americans in general.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    This is in the same category as burning books, you can also view the statue as a symbol of what not to do in the future but tearing it down just does not seem right.
    haha, what the fuck?

You can just keep statues in museums, you know?

How could you possibly have missed those videos? You have to be trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDonald View Post
    You mean how its always claimed that immigrants turn criminal because society treats them as such?
    Being an immigrant isn't a belief system you subscribe to. If you wanted to make this analogy with a religion, i will answer you the same as i have done with any terrorist attack before, because i still think it holds true: That may actually be one of the reason why this person decided to do it, any yeah, we should talk about it, why these young people feel rejected from society and decide to take such a drastic act, but it doesn't absolve this crime or somehow justifies it. And while it shouldn't be blamed on the whole group it might still be a good idea to observe them.

That goes for a specific religion, as well as the alt-right.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    No, it isn't, it's a direct takeaway from public police statements and pictures from the earlier rally. The suspect was at the rally, and police are treating this as an intentional incident.
    That's kind of their job.

No it fucking is not. Removing public honors from those who promoted slavery is not in any way equivalent to burning books.

Deleted
    You know that the statue was built in 1917 and erected in 1924, doing the resurgence of the Ku Klux Klan, right?

It's not even centennial. There are living people that most likely saw the statue being erected.
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2017-08-13 at 02:56 PM.

Look, I've actually worked in historic preservation and public history. This statue, and the other statues being removed from other cities, are not historically significant. They typically were put up well into the 20th century by people trying to rewrite the Civil War and glorify those who executed it. They are not period pieces. They are the equivalent of someone putting up a statue of Hitler in 2016 and then claiming that by taking it down you are rewriting history.
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Can you give us some examples of controversial leftist statues, other than the obvious dictator ones outside the US?