Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    How could you possibly have missed those videos? You have to be trolling.
    Well considering I posted comments about them specifically in my post apparently you missed reading.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    This is in the same category as burning books, you can also view the statue as a symbol of what not to do in the future but tearing it down just does not seem right.
    That's why the normal and most rational way is to put them into a museum where you can still see it and also read about its history, why it was erected in the first place and why it was later removed to the museum and now deemed somewhat different. People could actually learn about history!

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    And here he is with his Hitler Youth haircut holding a shield with the fasces on them yesterday.
    I still don't see why people (mostly left) think white people are more dangerous than anyone else. Those nerdy office workers are really the most dangerous racial identity movement?

Deleted
    This is in the same category as burning books, you can also view the statue as a symbol of what not to do in the future but tearing it down just does not seem right.
    That's why we have museums and libraries, to safeguard history.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    To go into that we need to acknowledge the problems with minorities including how the government handled to situation. I also don't get how supposedly everyone gets what they deserve is a conservative value. But unlike the american counter parts i do believe that government needs a hand in the matter to not create lost generations, this however comes with terms when getting unemployment and other aid, which is where we differ from the left.

Honestly you seem to be making up things as you go even if i include the differences in ideology between european and americans in general.
    I asked for an explanation, you failed to provide one. I rest my case.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Ok, read the 4 or 5 lines I wrote... super hard I know, then watch the video, then read the few lines I wrote again. Then refrain from commenting without reading ever again please.

I cannot understand how someone can be offended by a statue.
    I cannot understand how someone can be offended by removing a statue.

But seriously, would you like to see someone being publicly honored and glorified who fought for the continued enslavement of your people?

Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    That's kind of their job.
    No, it isn't. Police don't investigate every traffic incident as if it was intentional. They don't assume intent from the onset.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

I cannot understand how someone can be offended by a statue.

General Robert E Lee own slaves and he fought for the Southern side in the war to preserve slavery. If you're a white Southerner you don't care because your great great great grand dad did the same.

But if you're a black man, General Lee is always going to be a symbol of black slavery.

And blacks pay taxes and vote just like white people. Nobody is saying you can't keep a photo of General Lee in your wallet, just not a statue of him in a public place.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    No, it isn't. Police don't investigate every traffic incident as if it was intentional. They don't assume intent from the onset.
    Well, they do when there was a fatality or serious injury. Also, when people press charges or there is reasonable suspicion. So... I'll reiterate. That's kinda their job.

Ok, read the 4 or 5 lines I wrote... super hard I know, then watch the video, then read the few lines I wrote again. Then refrain from commenting without reading ever again please.
    He's at least 100 feet from the crowd when that video starts, and nobody is doing anything to his car.
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    I think they can have the guns, just no ammo. I'm probably wrong, but it is probably something in that area.
    Nope. You would be wrong. Those guns were all loaded. Virginia is an open carry state. Meaning they can have any gun out in the air for any reason other than committing a crime. If they point it in any direction at anyone for any reason other than defense, then they can get arrested. The fact they went there with riot gear and rifles is for one thing and one thing only, not protection but intimidation.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    That's why we have museums and libraries, to safeguard history.
    Also public places. Should we remove all the Robert E Lee books from the library?

He's at least 100 feet from the crowd when that video starts, and nobody is doing anything to his car.
    You're assumption, which is both naive and ignorant, is that there was nothing previous to the seconds prior to the video.

I feel like this is probably the best commentary on such matters.

Last edited by hakujinbakasama; 2017-08-13 at 03:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I asked for an explanation, you failed to provide one. I rest my case.
    I gave one although not in detail, since you still failed to point out a single conservative value that's shared between us and the alt right. I don't see why i would go into great detail on a point when you can barely be bothered to follow up on your statements.

Deleted
    Also public places. Should we remove all the Robert E Lee books from the library?
    A street is a public place, a museum or library has a specific role of keep-guarding material artefacts/documents, which might be or not public.

You need to check those definitions of your own law.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    I gave one although not in detail, since you still failed to point out a single conservative value that's shared between us and the alt right. I don't see why i would go into great detail on a point when you can barely be bothered to follow up on your statements.
    I directly addressed every point you raised. You are now trying to deflect and pretend that never happened.
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    So, does this mean we are now allowed to judge all alt-righters by the actions of an individual... you know, like they want to do with Muslims?
    Shit I hope so.

You're assumption, which is both naive and ignorant, is that there was nothing previous to the seconds prior to the video.

I feel like this is probably the best commentary on such matters.

He is coming from a part of the street where there are very few people, he speeds up into a crowd from over 100 feet away, and you can see when he backs up that nothing is going on where he came from.
    -ynnady