Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mouse sensitivity

For me it's usually around 1800 dpi. Smooth movement, minimal adjustments can be made comfortably.

But I've seen people playing FPS with 8000+

How the hell do people stay in control when 1cm mouse movement translates to half a screen movement or two complete character turnarounds? 360 no scope and all that bs wasn't even a thing until just a few years ago.

What's yours? How did you adapt if you are also one of those who use extremely high sensitivities?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    For me it's usually around 1800 dpi. Smooth movement, minimal adjustments can be made comfortably.

How the hell do people stay in control when 1cm mouse movement translates to half a screen movement or two complete character turnarounds? 360 no scope and all that bs wasn't even a thing until just a few years ago.

What's yours? How did you adapt if you are also one of those who use extremely high sensitivities?
    I have to have max due to my disability

You can crank it up until mouse sensitivity exceeds yours.

It depends what I'm playing. If I'm doing CSS surf I set the sensitivity to almost nothing and disable hardware acceleration.

If I'm playing a shooter or racing game I set it somewhere around 1800 w/ smoothing and hardware acceleration.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I have to have max due to my disability
    Impaired hand movements?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    It depends what I'm playing. If I'm doing CSS surf I set the sensitivity to almost nothing and disable hardware acceleration.

If I'm playing a shooter or racing game I set it somewhere around 1800 w/ smoothing and hardware acceleration.
    When did you first start playing video games, or shooters, where sensitivity was important?

10+ Year Old Account
    I usually use a DPI of 2600, tends to work in all situations.

I use 400dpi. High sensitivity makes everything harder and less accurate and last I checked in any FPS discussion high DPI for accuracy was shunned generally. My screen traverse on 1440p is probably about 8 inches.

Remember no matter what your DPI is set to you can always adjust the sensitivity in game or in windows so often this is a pointless discussion to start with.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

I play shooters at my sens from CS. 800dpi, 1.0 sens in game, which translates to about one inch or cursor movement per one inch of hand movement. There's actually a website that lets you convert your sensitivity across different games, which is pretty nice.

https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    I use 400dpi. High sensitivity makes everything harder and less accurate and last I checked in any FPS discussion high DPI for accuracy was shunned generally. My screen traverse on 1440p is probably about 8 inches.

Remember no matter what your DPI is set to you can always adjust the sensitivity in game or in windows so often this is a pointless discussion to start with.
    Until you start looking into frame skipping and realize that your DPI and ingame settings should compliment each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Normally fps players keep it much much slower and use big mouse pads and just move there arm more so they can get pinpoint accurate shots more consistently.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Mine is at 1500 dpi with a button I can hold to bring it down to 400 dpi for smooth tracking if need to but requires big movements with arm/hand to do that instead of just wrist aiming.

When did you first start playing video games, or shooters, where sensitivity was important?
    hmm, probably tfc ogl days. Playing sniper in wells or 2fort? I can't really remember to be honest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Normally fps players keep it much much slower and use big mouse pads and just move there arm more so they can get pinpoint accurate shots more consistently.
    fps ? I don't know anyone who does that, that's what they do for surf

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post

400? Wow :O
    Doesn't having to move your mouse that much make your arm hurt or tired? I think I'd get "mouse arm" if I had to move my arm and hand that much.

My screen traverse with 2600 dpi at 1440p is about 2cm. I generally never move my arm when gaming, just adjust with my fingers and a little wrist flexing.

Quote Originally Posted by Covfefe View Post
    Until you start looking into frame skipping and realize that your DPI and ingame settings should compliment each other.
    Do you have any resources on that? I'd like to read more up on it, and doublecheck if my 400dpi, 2 ingame compliments with my 1920x1080 resolution

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    Do you have any resources on that? I'd like to read more up on it, and doublecheck if my 400dpi, 2 ingame compliments with my 1920x1080 resolution
    https://pyrolistical.github.io/overwatch-dpi-tool/
    Easiest one I found
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

1600, I have a thing for sticking to clean multiples/factors of 8. In game sensitivity's normally set to 4 or 8 unless the default feels really good or for some reason 4 or 8 are too extreme. (Overwatch has it set to 4.20 though, because I could and it luckily still avoided pixel skipping.)

2400, and mouse button dropping it to 1200 if I need.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    4000 DPI master race.

probably around 3400 - 4800, currently at work, so unable to recall the exact number i have on my computer at home

anything higher is a bit too much for me

1800 DPI currently. Takes about the width of my mouse in movement to go across 2x 1080p screens. My 30 something inch mousemat is mostly just to keep my arm from sticking to the table.