Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I'm not a very big fan of Harrison Jones since the fiasco that was most of Uldum's quest-chain in Cata. I think the character is a fine as a send-up of Indiana Jones and all that, but I think his use should be limited to a handful of quests and definitely at a once-an-expansion kind of level (or confined to Archaeology quests, perhaps). Having him reappear multiple times in a zone, and having large set-pieces of the various "Indiana Jones" movies replicated in-game, that was just too much in my opinion.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Well he is busy with his contract negotiations with Disney!!!!

http://variety.com/2013/film/news/di...nt-1200927216/

and if he doesnt get a good deal he will get sued to shit!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I'm not a very big fan of Harrison Jones since the fiasco that was most of Uldum's quest-chain in Cata. I think the character is a fine as a send-up of Indiana Jones and all that, but I think his use should be limited to a handful of quests and definitely at a once-an-expansion kind of level (or confined to Archaeology quests, perhaps). Having him reappear multiple times in a zone, and having large set-pieces of the various "Indiana Jones" movies replicated in-game, that was just too much in my opinion.
    He was part of WoW since TBC. Love the quest in Wrath.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan View Post
    He was part of WoW since TBC. Love the quest in Wrath.
    In TBC and WotLK his presence was minimal and his quests kind of funny one-offs, and that was fine to me. In Cata it felt like he singularly ruined Uldum - turning a zone steeped in the game's history into a rail-mounted send-up of the "Indiana Jones" franchise complete with a version of the Ark of the Covenant. I found the experience to be more than a little mind-croggling.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

In all seriousness Blizz possibly knows the Indiana Jones shtick is played out and so lore wise he is doomed to teach a class of horny teens archeology in Stormwind Castle forever more!

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Speaking of revisiting AQ, wasn't there a silithus changes that never made it out of testing phase ?
    Yes. I remember something about the Night Elf guard sporting green tentacles for heads.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

You mean Indiana Ford?

Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post
    What a tragic child you are. Did your parents tell you no for once?

Anyway, hopefully he'll appear again some day cuz that guy was pretty cool.

Infracted.
    I'd rather he not and his screen time go to Brann or other explorers league members that aren't just movie references.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Huh? The only fun quest in Uldum is the one where you get to run over gnomes with a giant fireball.
    Best quest ever

I really enjoyed the Harrison Jones quests, the stuff with the cat-dudes was so forgettable, the usual "good guys of some race are under attack by evil or corrupted counterparts"-schtick...

But i can see how Harrison Jones' "contribution" to Uldum was a bit much for a parody-act, that sort of thing is best done more subtly.