Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Has an expansion ever actually been leaked? Because I don't recall any.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    What? No beta? You want to play untested shit where game crashes every 5 minutes?
    Yes, would be a nice change to a release where everyone knows absolutely everything and have planned their exact moves.

10+ Year Old Account
    No because all of these "leaks" fucking suck.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    Yes, would be a nice change to a release where everyone knows absolutely everything and have planned their exact moves.
    WoW, you are really detached from reality. I'm sure you would love to play a game that crash when you use wrong spell, where sometimes you fall through wall/floor and balance is all over the place.

Oh, and every feature or class change that would receive negative feedback in beta would stay as well. So much fun!

.. just avoid news if you want to go blind. It's not that hard.

I wonder how much fun are Blizzard folks having when they read all those BS leaks?

Quote Originally Posted by Jakisuaki View Post
    Wrath was leaked in full like 2 weeks before blizzcon i think, slides and everything....mists was truly leaked but nobody believed it, same with warlords....when all the dark below and eye of aszhara was going on, a leak came in a few days before blizzcon called warlords of draenor and as good as it seemed on paper, nobody bought it....until we saw the trailer....so yeah, xpacs have been leaked, and this one may have been also but right now nobody believes it because it all seems like fan service or something....legion's leak seemed like fan service and then legion came out....so we shall see, whether it be at gamescom, since blizz has enlisted streamers to cover it, or we wait until november to see who was right....

darque

I consider every "leak" to be fake until a Blizzard reveal. That being said, the amount of time some of these people spend on fake leaks is amusing, and it is fun to speculate on new themes/raids/talents etc..

Quote Originally Posted by Jakisuaki View Post
    Same here, asked the same thing but nobody seems to have an example to give...

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Same here, asked the same thing but nobody seems to have an example to give...
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...2#post35267612

Posted just a few days before the actual Gamescom reveal. Good enough?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyssian View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...2#post35267612

Posted just a few days before the actual Gamescom reveal. Good enough?
    Oh shit, didn't know about it.

By the way, it's funny how 8.0 speculation thread looks exactly the same as Legion one. And look for number of pages near reveal, current thread will literally explode if they'll confirm reveal this week.

WoW, you are really detached from reality. I'm sure you would love to play a game that crash when you use wrong spell, where sometimes you fall through wall/floor and balance is all over the place.

Oh, and every feature or class change that would receive negative feedback in beta would stay as well. So much fun!

.. just avoid news if you want to go blind. It's not that hard.
    The tears from people like you would make it all worth it.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    After 7 expansions I've grown to love Leak Season. Because you know that somewhere, amongst all these terrible leaks, one terrible leak is actually true.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Nah.

As much as I do spoil myself asap with PTR builds, cutscenes, etc etc, I do prefer getting the big announcements as they happen.

Sure, it would be neat to read all about the next expansion in a random forum thread but frankly I'd rather watch Blizzard unveil it so I can be super hyped from the trailer. :P

I do. If anything close to the current legendary or artifact system is in the next expansion, i'm gone, so i'd rather know ahead.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    The tears from people like you would make it all worth it.
    If they would be crazy enough to do this (which, I remind, doesn't happen in real world), this would be legitimate reason to take break for few months after launch. I guess there would be enough crazy people to pay for beta test (because launch would be new beta test).

And "tears" from other people makes something worth, really? How old/mature are you? Not mature enough to know value of your money, I guess.

This is just a game, something you want to do to relax after work. "Adventure" exist only in nostalgialand. Legion had longest beta and least problems on launch - it isn't coincidence.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What? No beta? You want to play untested shit where game crashes every 5 minutes?
    Protip: You can have a Closed-NDA Alpha instead.

If they would be crazy enough to do this (which, I remind, doesn't happen in real world), this would be legitimate reason to take break for few months after launch. I guess there would be enough crazy people to pay for beta test (because launch would be new beta test).

And "tears" from other people makes something worth, really? How old/mature are you? Not mature enough to know value of your money, I guess.

This is just a game, something you want to do to relax after work. "Adventure" exist only in nostalgialand. Legion had longest beta and least problems on launch - it isn't coincidence.
    Yep. Seeing you all dead serious right here right now gives me more than enough pleasure also.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Protip: You can have a Closed-NDA Alpha instead.
    How many succesfull MMOs do that? This closed Alpha testers could test server stability with new content implemented, new technologies like sharding? They would work for free? And couldn't even say a word about it? No sane person would take job like this.

And why Blizz team would even complicate their lives like that? For some "adventure"? Grow up.

Yep. Seeing you all dead serious right here right now gives me more than enough pleasure also.
    Well, whatever floats your boat. I hope you're not using this "I'm too cool to care" thing whenever you say something stupid in real life and people point out this stupidity.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2017-08-13 at 08:39 PM.

i'm surprised that anybody cares about the next expansion since they have ruined 2 in a row, first with lazy solo content that made me feel the most isolated I have ever felt in wow, and second with tons of content ruined by never ending RNG that quickly made the smart people realize they were being treated like a stupid donkey with a carrot hanging in front of them with ridiculous requirements for the ability to take a bite. Only people desperate to keep showing off what they have in the game from years of play are staying at this point and even they will realize soon that there is nobody left to show it off to.

Deleted
    I'd personally just want some small leaks, allowing us to speculate all kinds of levels and amounts, because thats the main appeal with leaks for me. The thinking, the questing, the speculation