Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

How would a supposed annihilation of Japan affect the world for the worse?

Just legitimately curious: If Japan, as we know it now, was completely destroyed somehow (NK goes fucking nuts, another freak Tsunami), how would it affect the world in a bad way? Like, what would we lose that would drastically change living conditions, trade, etc?

Also, most SPECIFICALLY, how would it affect the USA?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, what would the people with anime avatars do without anime?

Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    Just legitimately curious: If Japan, as we know it now, was completely destroyed somehow (NK goes fucking nuts, another freak Tsunami), how would it affect the world in a bad way? Like, what would we lose that would drastically change living conditions, trade, etc?

the recoil on the financial markets would plunge the world into another depression.

1 China 578,588
    2 Canada 544,894
    3 Mexico 525,110
    4 Japan 195,466

Our trading partners in $billions.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

The fuck is this?

Who cares how it would effect the rest of the world. There are 120 million people living there who would be effected by it. That's reason enough.

This thread is possibly a manifestation of OP's some wetdream.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would throw the entire world into a recession. 1/3rd of all smartphone parts are made in Japan, half of all musical instruments, most of Boeing factories are located there, and so on.

A lot of people don't understand how much of their life is made in Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    the recoil on the financial markets would plunge the world into another depression.
    So no matter what certain people claim, Japan isn't "small, isolated, and minor" is it. Even compared to a titan like South Korea

In the event that it's attacked and destroyed, it would catapult the US into another war close to immediately. America's pretty close with Japan and we have troops stationed there, giving ample reason to retaliate.

It's hard to imagine what a "destroyed" modern nation would look like to be honest. The humanitarian crisis would be immense before you even consider consequences like war/recessions/etc.
    Last edited by Niroshi; 2017-08-13 at 07:34 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much destroying any major country that has decent international trade would cause havoc with financial markets world wide, anime/manga people would probably replace their avatars with pickle rick or the evil morty.

Deleted
    So no matter what certain people claim, Japan isn't "small, isolated, and minor" is it. Even compared to a titan like South Korea
    It never was to begin with. It may be small when compared to others but far from meaningless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    We would be free from the evil Tyranny of Anime.

Production of weird tentacle hentai stuff would go down.

Other than that, I dont believe it would change anything at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.

The same way the state of Idaho suddenly being wiped off affects the whole of America. It doesn't, really.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

10+ Year Old Account
    There'd be massive financial and technological repercussions. The balance of military power in the Pacific would shift dramatically. Millions of people would be dead too.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Anime is irrelevant to what matters unless you consider that market a big deal across seas (it's not).

But it's just so boggling to see Japan considered such a necessity to the world and America in particular when they were the apparent scourge of life in WW2. I don't know how much living then differed to now, as I wasn't alive to see it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    We would be free from the evil Tyranny of Anime.
    ...and over 120 million people would be dead for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Anime is irrelevant to what matters unless you consider that market a big deal across seas (it's not).

But it's just so boggling to see Japan considered such a necessity to the world and America in particular when they were the apparent scourge of life in WW2. I don't know how much living then differed to now, as I wasn't alive to see it.
    Well Anime might be the reason why they get destroyed, you never know.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    ...and over 120 million people would be dead for it.
    Freedom is costly and tragic. But it's still freedom.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2017-08-13 at 07:45 PM.

Yes, nothing at all has changed in 70 years.

Christ, some people need some perspective.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    The same way the state of Idaho suddenly being wiped off affects the whole of America. It doesn't, really.
    Except that's laughably wrong.