Don't be there, don't be the problem, don't be hurt.

Bullheaded idiot will indeed show that s/he is champion.

rise above, or fall.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    It shouldn't just be removed. It should be melted down into slag. Publicly.

Traitors don't get monuments. Traitors get the sword. Robert E Lee was spared it only through an act of mercy by the victors.
    Yep time to remove those MLK statues too then. He was also a traitor at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    sure, so should any MLK monument then, as at the time, he was a law breaking traitor.
    Civil disobedience for civil rights is far different than seceding and going to war with the country so the rich could own people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Well, you don't seem to be giving them free reign, so that statement is categorically false.
    now we just need to give them the ISIS treatment, as they are terrorists

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    That's quite a claim. Mind posting where I stated that?
    But you are aware it was a nazi, white supremacist, white nationalist race rally where a series of domestic terrorist attacks were carried out against the residents of the town?

Just pointing that out, incase you want to try and backstep again.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    Don't be there, don't be the problem, don't be hurt.

Bullheaded idiot will indeed show that s/he is champion.

rise above, or fall.
    What does that even mean?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    This is a fundamentally ridiculous argument.

There is no "erasing of history". Nobody is trying to claim the American Civil War didn't happen. Removing these statues puts an end to a practice of celebrating the villains of history, of applauding the actions and ideology of one of the darkest chapters of American history.

Berlin doesn't have a statue of Adolf Hitler in their main square. That doesn't mean they're trying to forget the Nazis, it just means they're not celebrating the Nazis.
    It's also funny, considering Americans forced us to rename the adolf-hitler square(though lets face it: Schwarzenbergplatz sounds way better - so thanks for that!)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    Yep time to remove those MLK statues too then. He was also a traitor at the time.
    Did MLK support the systematic enslavement of an entire race?

10+ Year Old Account
    Really because of objections to his personal life, or because of conjecture about who he got funding from?
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

There is no "erasing of history". Nobody is trying to claim the American Civil War didn't happen. Removing these statues puts an end to a practice of celebrating the villains of history, of applauding the actions and ideology of one of the darkest chapters of American history.

Berlin doesn't have a statue of Adolf Hitler in their main square. That doesn't mean they're trying to forget the Nazis, it just means they're not celebrating the Nazis.
    If you don't believe in universal morality, then what gives you the right to make an assessment to label any historical figure a 'villain'?
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Yeah. MLK is in the same vein as southern nationalists (I mean rebels, cough cough) looking to own people for profit.

Your bias is showing.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

now we just need to give them the ISIS treatment, as they are terrorists
    All of them?

Does that mean we can do the same for all white nationalists?

sure, so should any MLK monument then, as at the time, he was a law breaking traitor.
    When did MLK try to secede from the union?

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    If you don't believe in universal morality, then what gives you the right to make an assessment to label any historical figure a 'villain'?
    Seceding from the country and leading an army intent on taking over and killing Americans so you can own people isn't exactly a morally grey area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    But you are aware it was a nazi, white supremacist, white nationalist race rally where a series of domestic terrorist attacks were carried out against the residents of the town?

Just pointing that out, incase you want to try and backstep again.
    Back step from what? Again - I'll need some proof of what you are claiming.

Most of my activity in this thread was banter with Elba over a "Bash the Fash" picture - or pointing out the double standards at how this situation has been dealt in comparison to other terror attacks.

If you can't engage in civilized conversation without labeling people Nazi or Nazi sympathizer... I feel sorry for you, mate.

10+ Year Old Account

Thats presming one finds these people to be villains. I suspect youll find they dont and to be fair lincoln and the north are in part to blame for this. The peace that was reached after the war involved alot of white washing for the south.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can we just start laughing at the absurd false equivalency between thuggery and vandalism on the left and this act of Alt-Right Terrorism?

There isn't any equivalency. The former exhibits behavior typical of a mob or vandals. The latter is now squarely adopting an ISIS-style means of attack.

The Alt-Right that doesn't kill people and is now finger pointing at the left, which includes people on this very board, are no different than the Islamists who, after an ISIS terrorist drives a truck through a crowd, start talking about the American bombing of Afghanistan, or the Israeli occupation of Palestine, and things of that nature. THey are cut from EXACTLY the same cloth.

Stop dignifying these clowns. They're far closer to these guys

Than they are your everyday American, left right or center.
    Yep a hell of a lot more terrifying than some confused kid in skinny jeans.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Still with this "they had it coming" drivel?
    More like "are anyone really surprised" drivel.

Ayman Al Zawahiri called. He want's his justification for politically motivated terrorism back.

You and the leader of Al Qaeda are kindreds today Halloaa. You made EXACTLY the type of argument they have made for Islamic jihadism for 30 years.
    You are one of the best trolls on this site

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    Being fascist to fascist ideologies is actually quite effective, if you grew a brain or two.
    You have no idea what fascism really is but call others stupid. It's pretty funny.

yes, i agree with them on that matter. the city removing it was fucking retarded.
    And you can feel that way all you want, but at the end of the day it was the city's statue and the city's decision, and however anyone else feels about it is irrelevant.

he was a law breaking traitor.
    Traitor how?