Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kochanski View Post
    This sounds highly counter productive and probably the worst "justification" reason to use lotm I've seen...
    It's really how you play with it afterall you start with 2 charges. Or you would rather have it on someone who has the chance of dropping it or constantly at full hp? You choice either way you're dumb to be picking that 2 option. Same thing as proccing Seastar with no one to heal and using LoTM to benefit from that heal.

Quote Originally Posted by SnorlaxJeng View Post
    It's really how you play with it afterall you start with 2 charges. Or you would rather have it on someone who has the chance of dropping it or constantly at full hp? You choice either way you're dumb to be picking that 2 option. Same thing as proccing Seastar with no one to heal and using LoTM to benefit from that heal.
    Or maybe stop trying to pad the meters with silly stuff like this and use something else. Even a decent Int/crit stat stick.

Padding meters when you lose mana efficiency is one thing. I prefer it to be called a safety APM, I just don't like standing around not using my GCD. I'm saying it is an option if given the choice. Being downright ignorant and just discounting the trinket's viability along with LoTM interaction shows the amount of healing experience you have under your belt.

There are better choices out there compared to DGD that is for sure. Come 7.3 when 910 relinquished are out everyone will be rushing to roll Arcanocrystal, Padawasen or Pure Crit/Versa stat sticks

Deleted
    So im throwing in my 2 cents. I'm using maraads and prydaz for a while and it's working godlike for me. lotm is a freaking awesome heal since it's an instant. i must admit that prydaz is a progress item imo. when your farming raids or keys it's just not worth. I'm a fan of sac aura so prydaz is a good choice here too. what i generally don't understand about most holy palas is why they are afraid of lotm. to me lod is the most significant spell in 7.2.5. it affects a lot of things and that's why maraads is my personal bis.

Quote Originally Posted by hothamandcheese123 View Post
    If you're using lotm a lot, you'd be better off using the legendary cloak, as it not only makes your lotm heal for more.
    Not true. If he is misusing LotM he will be doing so whether he wears Maraad's or not. If anything Maraad's leads you to sensible usage of LotM since it's only worth suing after you cast LoD on 3+ targets.

So OP... if you are using LotM a lot, you'd better be off not doing it.

DGD on yourself and use that free HoT and LotM to distribute the heals as you see fit. It isn't the worst trinket honestly.
    Wow, just wow. This sounds about the same as standing in fire and healing yourself to pad numbers.

Deleted
    I was a huge fan of LotM. I don't raid mythic, so it was really never an issue. Until I got more heavily into running M+ at 15 and up... There is nothing more annoying than being in a tight spot, popping BoV, and muscle memory kicking in wasting a gcd on lotm.

Trained myself out of using lotm real hard after doing that a few times...

15+ Year Old Account
    I've been doing very well (both in log rankings and compared to other healers I raid with) with Prydaz/Soul of the Highlord. For talents, I'm using Sanc Wrath, Beacon of the Lightbringer, and Devotion Aura over the commonly used alternatives.

I thought it would be terrible given how far it is from the 'standard build', but it actually works extremely well, especially given we have two other Paladin healers in our group using the 'standard build'. It's probably still slightly worse than other builds, but I don't mind, as long as I'm not forced into using a DPS spell on cooldown (Judgment) or LotM and can still pull very solid numbers.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    I've been doing very well (both in log rankings and compared to other healers I raid with) with Prydaz/Soul of the Highlord. For talents, I'm using Sanc Wrath, Beacon of the Lightbringer, and Devotion Aura over the commonly used alternatives.

I thought it would be terrible given how far it is from the 'standard build', but it actually works extremely well, especially given we have two other Paladin healers in our group using the 'standard build'. It's probably still slightly worse than other builds, but I don't mind, as long as I'm not forced into using a DPS spell on cooldown (Judgment) or LotM and can still pull very solid numbers.
    Sanctified wrath results in overhealing (check it yourself), picking a different tallent won't lower your healing -- and we both know the only other is judgement of light (which provides a very decent healing btw). You are supposed to cast Judgement on cd anyway since it reduces damage taken.
    Devotion Aura is far from non standard .... It's quite useful on KJ... so if you don't need the massive healing cd of SaC it's perfectly valid
    Beacon of Lightbringer is a THE standard option if you have more than 1 paladin in your raid....

Also I'm really sorry for you having 3 holy paladins in the healing setup.. must be terrible. We are two and I hate it as hell -- we are constantly sniping each other. Also fact that the other guy is slightly faster than myself which makes me look bad on logs. If I had a better luck with legendaries on my priest I would likely reroll.
    Last edited by pseudoJ; 2017-08-12 at 12:34 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudoJ View Post
    Beacon of Lightbringer is a THE standard option if you have more than 1 paladin in your raid.....
    LmFaOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Quote Originally Posted by treeqt View Post
    LmFaOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Not that he word it correctly, but BotL is completely viable in case you are capable of beacon swapping. Enlighten us dear treeqt.

Edit: oh you're the guy who claims "dgd is legit the worst trinket in the game". Yea gonna go with troll.
    Last edited by Stiaar; 2017-08-13 at 12:27 AM.

Simply put if you're using Prydaz and hate using LoTM you're just doing it wrong. Do not forget that the shield although it is only 25% of your max hp is in fact about 60% of your max health in transferable heal more if you activate Divine Protection while LoTMing.

The only reason not to use Prydaz with LoTM is when you have high amounts of leech, which then Maraad becomes the better option followed by Obsidian Spaulders (Raiding). I'd dare say that with Seastar even makes LotM viable as you can just proc it then LoTM the healed amount to effectively transfer the heal to beyond 15y.

What Prydaz is not effective is for AoE healing.

To make a simple comparison. Leech is useless if you're always healing people while at full health the same applies for Prydaz. Just remember that Leech and Prydaz don't synergize well.

P/S: The other day I was fooling around with Stam trinkets, Obsidian Spaulders + Rethu's Courage. At 6mil HP Rethu's 120,000 every 3 seconds was healing my beacons for 36,000 per 3 second that's like auto 50k HPS standing around with Mercy it was around 100k HPS. Just standing there.
    How about playing to kill the boss, over playing to pad meters? Nobody gives a shit about healer logs.

People do care about healer logs. However, killing the boss, and whatever best accomplishes that is the top priority.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiaar View Post
    Not that he word it correctly, but BotL is completely viable in case you are capable of beacon swapping. Enlighten us dear treeqt.

Edit: oh you're the guy who claims "dgd is legit the worst trinket in the game". Yea gonna go with troll.
    something other than what he said being accurate is not relevant btw

Quote Originally Posted by Stiaar View Post

I was talking purely for cases when you have TWO (hopefully not more) paladin healers in your setup. There really isn't much reason to bother with beacon swapping then. Using 2 times BoF leads to tons of overhealing, BoL will also boost AOE healing of those paladins a bit -- which is good since the group might be a bit short on raid healing with two paladins. If you have just one paladin healer, then you go of course with BoF.

So what part exactly have I worded incorrectly? Besides possible grammar errors and typos....

So anyway... Prydaz I think was the question.
    Rerolled from Monk to Pala right before ToS hit, so I was short on legendaries. Currently 5/9 mythic without using Prydaz. Is it an "easy" legendary? Yes, not much manegement is required. Does it save you some time? Sure it does, but would it save you in a situation when it is important? Doubt it. You already have 15% increased health and I find myself the sole survivor most of the time without Prydaz anyway. Other legendaries might save others, use those.

The only reason not to use it is if you have the shoulders... Prydaz has saved my butt more times than I can count. I use it and the cloak together most of the time. If your lucky and have every legendary for the spec-- different combinations work for different fights and situations.. But Prydaz is a top tier lego for Hpal.

7+ Year Old Account
    Prydaz is good for "inexperienced" players, or people who are lazy and want to play it safe. Most other legendaries will yield higher raid hps and be more useful in almost any situation, even on progress(again, unless you are one of the players who die the most, for some reason).

Deleted
    This is just a false statement. Most other legendaries? Prydaz is one the best since its fits in the pala playstyle as well as providing survivalbility you want to have, even as a higher skilled player.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by radiosilence View Post
    This is just a false statement. Most other legendaries? Prydaz is one the best since its fits in the pala playstyle as well as providing survivalbility you want to have, even as a higher skilled player.
    To quote myself "Most other legendaries will yield higher raid hps". A mythic raid team will have 20 people.
    Prydaz heals only 1 out of 20 people. Most legendaries can heal more than 1 person. Explain how my statement is not true.

Unless you are playing with the cloak, LotM should not be a big part of your playstyle, and holy paladins already are among the specs with the best survivability in a raid setting. Even when using Aura of Sac and Martyr