Deleted
    Damn it next 2 episodes cant come fast enough. 2 awsome battles in one season

And damn Sam ignoring when hes told important data,,,,

10+ Year Old Account
    My boy Littlefinger always seeding Chaos.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    I mean it was kinda obvious. Rhaegar died for that woman.
    Being obvious and being confirmed are two vastly different things.

15+ Year Old Account
    The writing in the show has really gotten so incredibly lazy. It's like they can't get it over with soon enough.

The romance between Dany and Jon is the worst of it. No real chemistry, no bonding, just show them smiling at each other and have the music swell. That's all it takes. I read the leaked script outlines they used for shooting and they read like fanfiction written by a 16 year old.

I guess in a way, it's a good thing. Everything is just happening in big broad strokes, so there will be a lot more to appreciate when Martin gets off his ass and finishes the last two books. At least it doesn't feel like the show is spoiling the experience at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    They died in a second. Much more humanely than enemy lords often die in Westeros or even in equivalent-era Earth.

I was kinda pissed listening to Varys go on about the Mad King burning people. He did it in the manner of burning someone at the stake, which IS a long, agonizing process as we saw with Mance Rayder. Burning them with dragonfire is basically an instant death.
    The whole point of the scene was that it was supposed to be Dany doing a bad thing, not a "yass queen" cheer moment. That's why they played it up like a horrific moment and treated it with such foreboding. Not that I think it matters much in the long run, and certainly not for the audience that loves "khaleesi" unconditionally.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Might as well have winked straight at the camera after that "I thought you might still be rowing" line.

Classic Davos.
    It was pretty funny because, while watching it, I figured out who it was as soon as they showed a guy hammering a sword who it was. Right as he walked up to the guy I said "he finally stopped rowing!", then Davos said his line and we all laughed because he made the same joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brubear View Post
    It was pretty funny because, while watching it, I figured out who it was as soon as they showed a guy hammering a sword who it was. Right as he walked up to the guy I said "he finally stopped rowing!", then Davos said his line and we all laughed because he made the same joke.
    It was pretty obvious the moment he said Fleabottom

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    The whole point of the scene was that it was supposed to be Dany doing a bad thing
    Well, it might have been cruel, but no one can argue that it wasn't effective.

10+ Year Old Account
    HE WAS ROWING.

I CAN'T EVEN.

I nearly fell out of my chair laughing.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    So much for Aryas master assassin/spy training. Yeah yeah Littlefinger is always cautious and is a sneaky weasel but really Arya you're gonna fall right for his bait?

They died in a second. Much more humanely than enemy lords often die in Westeros or even in equivalent-era Earth.

I was kinda pissed listening to Varys go on about the Mad King burning people. He did it in the manner of burning someone at the stake, which IS a long, agonizing process as we saw with Mance Rayder. Burning them with dragonfire is basically an instant death.
    Lmao better tell those people in Hiroshima that got turned to ash instantly they were lucky.

She's still burning people alive, no matter if it's fast or not.

Mad queen to the end.

Killing them pretty much instantly is actually pretty merciful in comparison to what might have happened. And really not worse than the typical beheading, which would be the other typically merciful execution.
    The result in both cases is that Tarlys would die. The only difference is that if they were beheaded, some other soldiers might choose the same or bend the knee to save their asses, but plan to defect. With Tarlys burning alive - I'm pretty sure they all bend the knee and are probably too scared to not be loyal.

I'm not saying that it wasn't cruel and ruthless, because it sure was, but it was strategically justified and effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    The writing in the show has really gotten so incredibly lazy. It's like they can't get it over with soon enough.

The romance between Dany and Jon is the worst of it. No real chemistry, no bonding, just show them smiling at each other and have the music swell. That's all it takes. I read the leaked script outlines they used for shooting and they read like fanfiction written by a 16 year old.

I guess in a way, it's a good thing. Everything is just happening in big broad strokes, so there will be a lot more to appreciate when Martin gets off his ass and finishes the last two books. At least it doesn't feel like the show is spoiling the experience at all.

- - - Updated - - -

The whole point of the scene was that it was supposed to be Dany doing a bad thing, not a "yass queen" cheer moment. That's why they played it up like a horrific moment and treated it with such foreboding. Not that I think it matters much in the long run, and certainly not for the audience that loves "khaleesi" unconditionally.
    I don't think Martin's finishing those books, honestly. There's way too much to fit into 2 books. Dany hasn't even left Essos yet and Jon's dead.

Arya is still in Bravos, Bran is still north of the Wall.

Stannis is still alive.

Just too much to cover.

Dany/Jon have chemistry, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Andyssian View Post
    The result in both cases is that Tarlys would die. The only difference is that if they were beheaded, some other soldiers might choose the same or bend the knee to save their asses, but plan to defect. With Tarlys burning alive - I'm pretty sure they all bend the knee and are probably too scared to not be loyal.

I'm not saying that it wasn't cruel and ruthless, because it sure was, but it was strategically justified and effective.
    Ah yes people making excuses for "khaleesi" why am I not surprised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Poor Jorah. Forever friendzoned.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Ah yes people making excuses for "khaleesi" why am I not surprised.
    Ah, people resorting to snark remarks when they don't want to counter the actual arguments. Why am I not suprised

What did the note that Arya found in little fingers bed say?

Quote Originally Posted by Lafy View Post
    My guess (from what I got to read)is that it's something that describes the Tower of Joy event, no idea of how much into detail it went.

I believe from what I was able to read it was the note "Sansa" (really Cercei) sent to Rob in (season 2?) to come to King's landing and bend the knee to King Joffrey. From the looks of it hes trying to turn Arya and Sansa against each other.

10+ Year Old Account
    The note is the one Sansa sent to bend the knee to Joffrey.

Quote Originally Posted by Raone View Post
    I believe from what I was able to read it was the note "Sansa" (really Cercei) sent to Rob in (season 2?) to come to King's landing and bend the knee to King Joffrey. From the looks of it hes trying to turn Arya and Sansa against each other.
    Oh, shit, I got it completely wrong You're right!

Here's the actual image:

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I was wondering about that. Thought I missed something.

Resident Cosplay Progressive