Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    That's effectively what they're doing. There are a bunch of spinoffs in the works (or at least, ideas for spinoffs), and they'll just be producing them instead of working as showrunners.
    Well, that is sad. I mean, I'd be fine with 8x10, but I kinda agree that this 7 episode stuff really cuts some cool stuff - for example, I would have loved to see a longer conversation between Jaime and Tyrion today. Or more scenes between Daenerys and Jon to flesh out their romance more. Or more intrigue and drama in Winterfell with Littlefinger. Or many other things. If that's really the reason why I - we won't see that stuff, it's just sad.

After this episode all I can think of is how much I would have liked 10 episodes instead of 7.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyssian View Post
    Well, that is sad. I mean, I'd be fine with 8x10, but I kinda agree that this 7 episode stuff really cuts some cool stuff - for example, I would have loved to see a longer conversation between Jaime and Tyrion today. Or more scenes between Daenerys and Jon to flesh out their romance more. Or more intrigue and drama in Winterfell with Littlefinger. Or many other things. If that's really the reason why I - we won't see that stuff, it's just sad.
    It's clear that there is sexual tension between Jon and Dany, but calling it a romance is a little strong. I think they are going gradually with it, it's not pushed too much.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    All you are saying is they confirmed he isn't a bastard. He was already confirmed a targ.
    Which puts him ahead of Dany in the line of succession instead of being her, leading to possibly future conflict between Dany and Jon.

What part aren't you getting?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    Oh man... To think we had the biggest revelation in the show in such a subtle way. "In Dorne, Septon X proceeded to the annulment of some Prince Rhaegar and immediately married him secretly with another woman." Should we say Prince Jon Targaryen, from now on?

And Sam not noticing it... Well, of course he could not link that to Jon but, I don't know, learning that the once heir to the Iron Throne got his marriage with Ellia Martel annulled should be big news.
    He's more worried about the White walkers, and without knowing the context to Jon he wont care. Once he and Bran meet up and trade info the real shit will go down.

Got the dream team heading north. Thats going to be one hell of an episode.

D&D got that finish line in sight and they are gunning for it.

This season is great for memes with ed sheeran and now the gendry rowing line and his Robert Baratheon fuck you hammer.

Thought Dickon might survive but ney luck

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    All you are saying is they confirmed he isn't a bastard. He was already confirmed a targ.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, and after next weeks I'll want 20 more intead of 7...
    Jon wasn't ever confirmed a Targ till this episode, he was confirmed to have a Targ dad last season, but it was up in the air if he was a Targ or a Sand/bastard. He is the "rightfull" heir to the throne with the best claim. Not that it matters much as he and dany are gonna make a bunch of incest babies.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Might as well have winked straight at the camera after that "I thought you might still be rowing" line.

Classic Davos.
    There have been a couple lines this season that were obvious nods at fan blogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    There have been a couple lines this season that were obvious nods at fan blogs.
    It all feels pretty fan service at this point but its still got the odd good episode so its whatever

- - - Updated - - -

Dany calling Jorah her "old friend" (all the friendzone meme's)
    Jon being called short again (The writers like making fun of Kit Harrington height)
    Gendy rowing line
    Jon being friends with drogon (Targ link)
    Mention of Rhaegar marriage (Jon targ link)

anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    It all feels pretty fan service at this point but its still got the odd good episode so its whatever

- - - Updated - - -

Dany calling Jorah her "old friend" (all the friendzone meme's)
    Jon being called short again (The writers like making fun of Kit Harrington height)
    Gendy rowing line
    Jon being friends with drogon (Targ link)
    Mention of Rhaegar marriage (Jon targ link)

anymore?
    The friendzone memes started because dany friendzoned him first.....

Its a call back the the scene where Ned and Robert call each other fat, they are comparing and contrasting themselves to their dads, its not a meme.

Rowing ill give you

Targs having a bond with dragons in't fan service, it is a pliar of the show/books

Jon being a Trueborn Targ isn't fansevice, its one of the most important pieces of info from this season, and will 100% happen in the books.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    The friendzone memes started because dany friendzoned him first.....

Its a call back the the scene where Ned and Robert call each other fat, they are comparing and contrasting themselves to their dads, its not a meme.

Rowing ill give you

Targs having a bond with dragons in't fan service, it is a pliar of the show/books

Jon being a Trueborn Targ isn't fansevice, its one of the most important pieces of info from this season, and will 100% happen in the books.
    Oh calm down I don't mean every scene is fan service. I was just mentioning some of the nods in the show

And D&D do give kit shit for his height hes even admitted it in interviews. Also said hes had small penis etc in the show or rather pecker*
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2017-08-14 at 04:57 AM.

Wow the pacing on the episodes are crazy fast, Tyrion went around the world like 3 times this episode.

Seriously wanting/waiting for Bran to go 'oh yea, Littlefinger betrayed Lord Stark to the Lannisters. Brienne cut off his fucking head......i saw you in the bath with Jamie, it was beautiful''
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by Khain View Post
    Wow the pacing on the episodes are crazy fast, Tyrion went around the world like 3 times this episode.
    You realize Tyrion never left the area around kings landing the entire episode right? The battle spot from kingslanding last episode was close enough that the front end of the wagon train was in KL while the rear was attacked. Kl is right next to dragonstone.............

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    Seriously wanting/waiting for Bran to go 'oh yea, Littlefinger betrayed Lord Stark to the Lannisters. Brienne cut off his fucking head......i saw you in the bath with Jamie, it was beautiful''
    This made me laugh more than it should, what will he do then? See Jon and go "I saw you in the cave with Ygritte, it was beautiful"

Good episode. I had no idea that underwater breathing apparatus were a thing in Westeros.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Unless Rhaegar married Lyanna in secret... Polygamy, while shunned by the faith, is not unheard of (Aegon the Conqueror had two wives, for example). Perhaps he and Elia were even divorced or had their marriage annulled, it was said their marriage was very unhappy, hence his running off with Lyanna in the first place. I doubt either of those are true, but maybe.
    Fuckin called it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    So much for Aryas master assassin/spy training. Yeah yeah Littlefinger is always cautious and is a sneaky weasel but really Arya you're gonna fall right for his bait?
    Arya has the training, Lf has the training and experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, next episode, gendry better die... Saw hound with the warhammer in the preview, and if some bull crap of gendry swooping through time and space to send a message to dragonstone happens... then GoT has no thoughts for time. Shit, just give jon and dany a cellphone then, and then they can text. "Lulz, bae. Surrounded by cucksters, cum givez me sum ridez."

this episode, though, was pretty nice... Like the memes being played, and pretty sure that Arya is playing littlefinger. But Jon getting to eastwatch almost immediately kind of sucked. But, w/e.
    Last edited by Skayth; 2017-08-14 at 07:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Lmao better tell those people in Hiroshima that got turned to ash instantly they were lucky.

She's still burning people alive, no matter if it's fast or not.

Mad queen to the end.
    She is not mad, she gave them a choice, Bend the knee or die, its like at the wall, Stay or die. The only difference is when Ned executed the deserter he cut his head off

In 2011, Dutch scientists hooked an EEG (electroencephalography) machine to the brains of mice fated to decapitation. The results showed continued electrical activity in the severed brains, remaining at frequencies indicating conscious activity for nearly four seconds.
    I would much rather be vaporized instantly then deal with the pain of having my head lopped off and realized whats going on before everything slowly goes black.