Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Is there any addons out there that detects when someone links you a fake achievement?

I'd like an easy way to vet morons who try to link fake achievements when i'm inviting to heroic KJ. Id rather not always go to their armory to inspect them.
    Thanks to fake achievement addon now i have the real H KJ achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Yeah, but no one wants to even put that tiny bit of work into making a pug anymore. Just, "GEERSKORE N CHEEVE PLZ".
    Or, you know, find a guild.
    Problems with WoW: No server communities, too much cross-realm crap, too many raiding difficulties, guilds don't matter anymore.
    Fix it: Limit server transfers, merge more servers, reduce raiding to 2 difficulties (N/H, 10/25), bring raiding back to guilds again (limit # of cross-realm players in your group). #MakeWoWGreatAgain

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    And how are people gonna get the achievement if no one takes them without it?
    Buy HC KJ carry
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Siraeyou View Post
    I forget the name of if but there's an addon that lets you open up someones armory as a quick link. This would allow you to check their achievements yourself. That's about the best you can hope for to my knowledge.
    WoW Instant Messenger, on the right side of the whisper window.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Achievements are meaningless. Who's to say they didn't get it by faking their achievement the first time around?
    Or bought it or got carried by someone that didn't demand the achievement.

Sometimes when you click on the achiv you will see the original one and half a second after it will be layred off with the fake one.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I link the achieve I got this week the Raid Lead will assume I got it from LFR.

Even though I have never been in LFR on my hunter except to do the Raid Mission quest.

If you can't be assed to tab out and check someone's armory then you shouldn't raid lead.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

What I found the easiest thing to be is asking players about p3 mechanics of KJ HC and giving them 10 seconds to answer the question in a not so descriptive manner. If they don't reply within these 10 seconds, for being either afk, chatting with someone or simply not knowing mechanics they aren't getting in. Flame orb is especially good for this.

So how do you handle the fireball ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemah View Post
    I find this to be the best, quickest way. Quick question on a specific mechanic. Easy peasy.
    Not having the kill achievement doesn't mean you don't have experience with the fight.

Deleted
    Yeah, it's called WoW Armory. If you're too lazy to check, you deserve LFR afkers only in your pug.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Checking armory is the best option
    What about people's alts? If I have 2 achis of AotC on 2 character but not on 3rd?
    Burn it. BURN IT!

10+ Year Old Account
    I like to demand all my pugs to have Engineering at at least 700. Oh, and must have Jeeves.

- - - Updated - - -

Though, to be serious. If you are to demand a certain progression, then stop being lazy and check the damn armoury. Sorry but that is how it is.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    You can just buy achievements, so yea.... its not very useful
    This guy gets it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    So how do you handle the fireball ?
    Kite to void, don't let anyone touch it
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    If I link the achieve I got this week the Raid Lead will assume I got it from LFR.

Even though I have never been in LFR on my hunter except to do the Raid Mission quest.

If you can't be assed to tab out and check someone's armory then you shouldn't raid lead.
    LFR does not give AOTC

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    By making their own groups / guilds / going with PuGs that don't expect it (again from people who don't have it making their own groups). Same as always.
    That's the complete opposite of how it used to be in the beginning. Just like need or greed worked until the unwashed masses and CRZ wrecked the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    That's the complete opposite of how it used to be in the beginning. Just like need or greed worked until the unwashed masses and CRZ wrecked the game.
    Replace Achievements with ilvl/GearScore/Whatever else over the last 9 or whatever years since.... Wrath? and before that is was back to knowing people and armory.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    You can just buy achievements, so yea.... its not very useful
    This is probably the easiest way. Buy a carry for the first kill, then link the achievement to get into groups after that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    Achievements are meaningless to someone who admittedly uses an addon to fake them. Like you.

A winning hand in Poker is meaningless to someone who cheats, too.
    I meant meaningless in terms of group quality.

I'm sure some folk very much like to stare longingly at their achievement score and remind themselves how "great" they are. But to others it's meaningless.