Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I doubt we're going to ever get a non humanoid race, naga or otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    It seems poor language does indeed correlate with poor reading comprehension as evidenced by your post.
    boi, you deadass coming up in here trying to talk spicy, TO ME? I got mad yeets my mans and you dont know nothin bout walkin into a joint with a doorag half off gettin some chicken okay.

i is got mad skills innit too bruv, you think you can just come and step to me like were all m8s like we just played a game of footie and your just tryin to make some bantz BOI you mustve got mad osteoporosis bruv steppin to me with them words
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    People want crazy shit. There's no way around it and telling them to stop isn't going to change it. When people really want something they'll suspend their better judgements and reasoning to help maintain that thing as realistic in their own mind. Naga absolutely fit that bill.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

There are many reasons people want playable Naga, and many reasons why that want can be justified. In the BTS for the Burning Crusade expansion, Chris Metzen mentioned that he would like to make them playable someday (~7:43 here). Of course, he has since left Blizzard, but that was the origin of playable Naga as a concept.

Clearly Blizzard wants Naga to be relevant, updated, and multi-faceted in many ways. Lore-wise, we learn about them and see them nearly every expansion. They've received two model updates (in Cata and Legion), and they've received three sub-races/mutation models (lords, sea witches, and brutes). We've also seen different factions, like the ones that follow Azshara, the Illidari Naga, and even a tribe that joined the Legion against Azshara. Even technically speaking, they can wear armor now in model viewers - that's how they dress them up as NPCs. Pants and boots apply toward the bottom of their tails. As it's been said a thousand times, they could mount side-saddle. As far as classes, we've seen them as warriors, mages, priests, warlocks, hunters, and shamans. Death Knights would certainly be a possibility. Other classes could be implemented, we just haven't seen examples of those things yet.

They have all the makings of a future playable race, certainly more than Worgen, Pandaren, Gnomes, or Draenei did when they were implemented. They would only need an altered/new model with new animations and customizations, and a bit more lore for the playable faction of Naga.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    There are many reasons people want playable Naga, and many reasons why that want can be justified. In the BTS for the Burning Crusade expansion, Chris Metzen mentioned that he would like to make them playable someday (~7:43 here). Of course, he has since left Blizzard, but that was the origin of playable Naga as a concept.

Clearly Blizzard wants Naga to be relevant, updated, and multi-faceted in many ways. Lore-wise, we learn about them and see them nearly every expansion. They've received two model updates (in Cata and Legion), and they've received three sub-races/mutation models (lords, sea witches, and brutes). We've also seen different factions, like the ones that follow Azshara, the Illidari Naga, and even a tribe that joined the Legion against Azshara. Even technically speaking, they can wear armor now in model viewers - that's how they dress them up as NPCs. Pants and boots apply toward the bottom of their tails. As it's been said a thousand times, they could mount side-saddle. As far as classes, we've seen them as warriors, mages, priests, warlocks, hunters, and shamans. Death Knights would certainly be a possibility. Other classes could be implemented, we just haven't seen examples of those things yet.

They have all the makings of a future playable race, certainly more than Worgen, Pandaren, Gnomes, or Draenei did when they were implemented. They would only need an altered/new model with new animations and customizations, and a bit more lore for the playable faction of Naga.

And I'm telling you that the only way Naga become playable is if they retcon some tribe that have betrayed Azshara and thus rejected the old God's gift. They'll be reptile humanoids like every other fantasy game. Legs, scales, tails, one set of arms for the females. Snake people not riding side-saddle and looking ridiculous. You aren't getting a non-humanoid race despite what shitty drawing people post.

Further, Blizzard is against another neutral race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Look if we got Pandaren as a playable race we can get Naga. All "serious" and "lore sense" went out of the window when they were added as a playable race.

Would prefer bipedal races like Ogres but I guess the snake guys can work too.

These "leak" rumours also have mentioned Vrykul and Kvaldir in some of them, they would be interesting too but also a bit out there.

ITT:

"Stop liking what I don't like"
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    (Just to be sure we are on the same page, I was being satirical) I mean yeah, gotta make sure the colors match, but there is no fun in transmogrifying shoes, since they all look just about the fucking same
    Boots are one of the hardest bits to match.

Plate they all look pretty terrible until LK. Leather as well.

It's really only with Legion that we are starting to see some interesting boots now that they have 3D attachment points on them so you can get something more chunky that really stands out.

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    You aren't getting a non-humanoid race despite what shitty drawing people post.
    Because? So far, all i can see is "Because i don't want them".

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    May I quote this in my signature, if ever Naga are revealed to be playable at a given point in wow's lifespan?
    Sure! And then you can call me out and I will admit my failure and apologize.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Armakus View Post
    Sooooo... extremely likely? Extremely unlikely? The vagueness here is killing me.
    Extremely unlikely. Or do you think a class focussed on Goblins and Gnomes will ever be a thing?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Deleted
    i hate naga....i still wake up screaming from bad tbc memories in zangarmash..... gather x amount of claws. you can never pull just one..... and when almost dead they run like pulling the rest of the area.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Because? So far, all i can see is "Because i don't want them".
    Blizzard is against adding more neutral races into the game. As I stated before. Them looking ridiculous on mounts, jumping, or in "tail armor" are matters of taste.

7+ Year Old Account
    Naga for Horde | Ethereal for Alliance. So let it be written. So let it be done.

People want crazy shit. There's no way around it and telling them to stop isn't going to change it. When people really want something they'll suspend their better judgements and reasoning to help maintain that thing as realistic in their own mind. Naga absolutely fit that bill.
    Not really. Some annoyances on forums who don't feel special enough want crazy shit. The reality is, that the overwhelming majority gravitates towards what looks best (cute/sexy/stronk/etc). That's why most of the horde is BE and most of FFXIV is little cat girls. That is also why ogres would be an utter failure of a race, because most don't want to play fat ugly idiots and naga would come with so many dodgy concessions to make them work with existing systems that in the end the overall playerbase for them would also be tiny as well once the novelty wears off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mask View Post
    Naga for Horde, Ethereal for Alliance. So let it be written. So let it be done.
    I'd say it'd probably be reversed and with legs retconned in some fashion similar to what I said earlier. Alliance Naga with legs. We'll all bitch, piss, and moan. Then we'll get over it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Not really. Some retards on forums who don't feel special enough want crazy shit. The reality is, that the overwhelming majority gravitates towards what looks best (cute/sexy/stronk/etc). That's why most of the horde is BE and most of FFXI is little cat girls. That is also why ogres would be an utter failure of a race, because most don't want to play fat ugly idiots and naga would come with so many dodgy concessions to make them work with existing systems that in the end the overall playerbase for them would also be tiny as well once the novelty wears off.
    Fair point. Can't argue with logic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally someone who use properly a brain!

Blizzard is against adding more neutral races into the game.
    Can you link a source? I keep seeing that thrown around but none I've asked ever link where it was said.

Blizzard is against adding more neutral races into the game. As I stated before. Them looking ridiculous on mounts, jumping, or in "tail armor" are matters of taste.
    So they don't become neutral. Hardly stopping anything. Still haven't come up with any good reasons for the rest.
    Fair point. Can't argue with logic.
    Sounds more like "can't argue with people that agree with me". Which is true, i suppose.

Nagas are old god related and are ALL enemies. Theres NO good naga anywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Can you link a source? I keep seeing that thrown around but none I've asked ever link where it was said.
    It was a tweet from Ghostcrawler back when he was community manager in 2013. Blizzard did not like the neutral race but they wanted to give people Pandaren that badly.

https://twitter.com/OccupyGStreet/st...65802590384129

That has been the position on neutral races since mid 2013.