Poll: Should Blizzard remove ranked pvp?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Should blizzard finally remove ranked arenas from WoW?

Well should they? What exactly is the point of "ranked" arena anyway lol?

10+ Year Old Account
    No, they shouldn't, no reason to remove it... However what they should do is stop balancing PvP around 3v3... The overwhelmingly vast majority of PvP takes place in Battlegrounds, that is where all PvP balance efforts should be focused.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

point of ranked arenas is that you got option to play some organize arenas maches not just random people combos

Deleted
    Why would they remove them?

Deleted
    Should be removed, they said adding arena was the worst mistake they ever made in WoW. All it does is promote toxic masculinity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mmowin View Post
    No, they shouldn't. People still like the competitive aspects of World of Warcraft PvP. As well, I like that there's two paths in PvP.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by mmowin View Post
    don't really see the point in it in the first place.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

There are so many people who play only ranked games both 2v2 and 3v3.

Let casuals randomly smash keyboard on battlegrounds and not remove real part of pvp.

Arena is somehow simillar to raids. Battlegrounds are like heroic and and mythic +0 and arenas are like raids.

Anyway pvp players should have equal chance of getting equal gear as pve players. And here think. Shouls they receive 930+ ilvl items from casual battlegrounds? xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vital View Post
    Should be removed, they said adding arena was the worst mistake they ever made in WoW. All it does is promote toxic masculinity.
    Source on that?

Why the hell would they?

When you make something up on the fly

Deleted
    Why remove content for some just because there are others that do not participate in it? I am not a mythic raider, yet I do not want Mythic Raids being removed?
    And if anything Mythic Progression adds hostility and drama?

6vs6 should be the new ranked arena. If Wow wants to be a competitive Esports (which is necessity for pvp to survive), they must remove ranked arena. Arena's been around for over 10 years and it still hasn't caught on, so it NEVER will. Make no mistake, I am not a fan of Esports and I do enjoy arena, but Esports is where the HUGE gaming $$$ lies and we all know how much Blizzard loves $$$. Esports is a rapidly growing phenomenon. The NBA commissioner in a recent interview said he's concerned Esports will overrun physical sports in 10 years. Fun fact: Esports will be featured in the Olympics and a handful of colleges in the US are providing Esports scholarships.

Wow is losing pvpers, not to other MMOs, they're losing them to Overwatch, LOL and even Hearthstone. A change needs to be made, big changes. I am not 100% certain 6vs6 is the anwer, but it's a better representation than ranked arena. All successful Esports are objective based, Wow arena is not. If Blizzard doesn't fix Wow pvp and replace arena with 6vs6, they will lose more players (wow pvp already at an all time low) and if they lose more players that means longer queues and less time and $$$ put into the feature in the next xpac.
    Last edited by Luxeley; 2017-08-15 at 01:06 PM.

Deleted
    Why remove a winning concept?

What they should do is to try out soloqueue for a season and see how that end as people are complaining about how hard it is to find a team.
    Focus and you find the fun with arena. Apparently making a guild and with 10 man+ for pve content is taking its time and effort to pull off so
    why shouldn't the same go for an arena team? Aim to last, not to make some few games.

Quote Originally Posted by Judgey View Post
    Source on that?
    If I was going to pick on a game design thing that I look back on and think was a mistake? We really never designed WoW to be a competitive e-sports game; it was something that we decided to start tackling because there was such a desire and demand to evolve it in that direction, to introduce competitive arenas. I'm not sure that that was the right thing to do with the game.
    Read more at http://www.warcry.com/articles/view/...q0VoqZDtL3w.99

Deleted
    Huh, why?

You don't even have to play them if you don't like them?

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Huh, why?

You don't even have to play them if you don't like them?
    Because they focus their "balance" on them exclusively which has been damaging and reducing the activity that has actually been the majority PvP style for the playerbase since they were introduced, that's why.

What's the point of arenas?

I will answer with the following question, mate: What is the point of life?

They should remove it or add solo queue.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    lol, they made that statement in relation to balancing the game, not because of anything it promoted in the community... Besides, they're getting better and better at separating balance issues between pvp and pve, most recently with honor talents and stat templates. No reason to remove it when they're continuing to move in the right direction. A lot of people only play this game for those aspects, and despite whatever your opinion of them may be, less players is never a good thing for the overall health of the game.