Page 45 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Hey, the far left seem to have no problem defending islam and what it teaches its followers to believe, from killing homosexuals to forcing children into marriage and worse. Seems both sides of the spectrum and insane.
    Killing and pedophilia is forbidden by law.
    They should be able to talk all they want about it.
    But actually acting on such ideas and impulses is a violation of someone's human rights and is forbidden.

And whenever someone belongs to "far anything" it usually means their views are rather extreme and perhaps best taken with a grain of salt.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    Yeah im angry and have deep hatred for nazis; I must be crazy.
    Don't we all but they are the least of our problems at the moment.. There are far more concerns going on right now that are far more dangerous than some ideological nutcases..

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    I got that because you want to restrict people from reacting to things other people say. That is a limit on freedom.

Free speech is freedom from government reacting to it. Not other people reacting to it.
    An employer is free to VOICE his opinions against what his employee is thinking.
    If he wants to he can challenge him to a TV debate or something similar to both voice and compare their opinions.

But there is a big difference between VOICING your opinion and ACTING on it.
    A nazi might hate some race for whatever reason and should voice that (in a non-disruptive manner) but he is never allowed to go hurt or kill that person/race.

Same should go for any other disagreement of opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    Yeah im angry and have deep hatred for nazis; I must be crazy.
    If you're that angry, you're probably not much better than nazis themselves. It's the extremism that's the real problem. Oppose them, yes. But anger and hate? That's the path to the dark side, friend.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    An employer is free to VOICE his opinions against what his employee is thinking.
    If he wants to he can challenge him to a TV debate or something similar to both voice and compare their opinions.

A nazi might hate some race for whatever reason and should voice that (in a non-disruptive manner) but he is never allowed to go hurt or kill that person/race.
    Same goes for any other disagreement of opinions.
    So, if I have a friend and he turns out to be a nazi and I don't want to be his friend anymore this would be illegal in your world? Because that would be a form of punishment for his free speech. So you'd want to restrict my rights.

Rather fascist of you.

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    To be honest, who was going to give a job to some weird over-pierced, sexually ambiguous Antifa-type with dyed hair other than a Vegan coffee shop?
    Well, there was this one guy from Antifa who turned out to be an ethics professor of all things. I'm sure you can find them in all possible jobs you can imagine. So retaliation is a reality. Eye for an eye. And in this case, even if the both sides go blind, there's no loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Difference is that the "other side" losing their jobs would be wrong.

Fuck nazis.
    Because you said so?

How about you try to elaborate why is it ok to fire someone over their personal beliefs that are protected under 1st Amendment, but not okay to fire someone else over theirs? Why don't you try to be consistent for a change?

Oh, its in US. Who cares.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

15+ Year Old Account

Same goes for any other disagreement of opinions.
    A lot employers cannot and will not take the risk of waiting until something happens or not, an ideology that clearly revolves around human features clearly will one way or another find its way into behaviour - as has been the case already here with some businesses. Of course he could try to engage his employer in a "philosophical" debate but usually with the businesses where it counts there's a wall of subordinates to make him literally being more effective by having a debate with the paint on the wall instead. This has been the case for any major social welfare organization or hospital companies here.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Totally not political repressions. That's ridiculous. And very dangerous.
    It's dangerous to not want to employ Nazis?

Are you trump in disguise?

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    It is dangerous to have people repressed due to their political opinions. Who's next? Communists?

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    It is dangerous to have people repressed due to their political opinions. Who's next? Communists?
    Why do you hate freedom so much?

Sounds like the worst kinds of people being social outcasts like they are supposed to.

Maybe liberals can finally concentrate on their good work without the alt-right distracting them with ridiculous conspiracy theories of how communism, sexism and the antifa will end the world as they know it while stubbornly touting the benefits of being horrible human beings to others.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post

Are you trump in disguise?
    you realize an employer would have to somehow prove you are a "nazi" , some people on twitter saying you are a nazi is not actually proof. unless you are literally holding a swastika then merely attending any protest rally cannot prove anything and would be so easy for a lawyer to make a wrongful dismissal case.

They hate Europe. Well, western Europe. They like Poland and Hungary and their authoritarian far-right wing governments.
    Writing from Hungary, that really hurt me, man...

... because it is fucking true. (although cronicratic would be a better word...)

Quote Originally Posted by btorz View Post
    you realize an employer would have to somehow prove you are a "nazi" , some people on twitter saying you are a nazi is not actually proof. unless you are literally holding a swastika then merely attending any protest rally cannot prove anything and would be so easy for a lawyer to make a wrongful dismissal case.
    There are no "wrongful dismissal" grounds for firing anti-social employees who do nothing but waste work time trying to sow discord and talk shit about minority groups.

And bring company productivity down because they are running around annoying and wasting the time of other hardworking liberal employees.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Attends racist rally with the KKK, nazis, and the alt-right that features a nazi as a headlining speaker.

It's a bit more than merely attending a protest.

So, if I have a friend and he turns out to be a nazi and I don't want to be his friend anymore this would be illegal in your world? Because that would be a form of punishment for his free speech. So you'd want to restrict my rights.
    Rather fascist of you.
    You are now just talking silly.

There is no law or legally binding contract that obligates you in a friendship.
    You are free to start and end friendships whenever you want and for whatever reason you want.
    Since no law is involved your friend is free to speak as a nazi and you are free to stop being friends with him.

However there is a strict law and legal contract that obligates both the employer and the employee in a business relationship.
    What i am saying is that such a contract should not be breakable simply because the current CEO/superior disagrees with a employee on whatever subjective topic.
    You should never be able to fire a competent law abiding worker simply because you don't like what he thinks of something.

Same thing with the freedom of speech in a society.
    If someone has some opinion (whatever it is) he must be allowed to voice it in a normal manner without suddenly being unable to find a job anywhere or being assaulted on the street.

It is not only about making a law that allows such free speech, but also about changing our own ways of handling the subject of personal opinions and subjective thoughts.
    Some people (most?) certainly have crazy opinions and subjective ideas but such thoughts or speaking about them should never be the reason for punishing them.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    There's no "wrongful dismissal" grounds for firing anti-social employees who do nothing but waste work time trying to sow discord and talk shit about minority groups.
    um what, if people are going to a legal protest outside work hours that isn't the employers business to say they can't

Deleted
    Why do you hate freedom so much?
    I love freedom freedom from Nazis being high on my list.

Why do you love Nazis so much?

- - - Updated - - -

Nazis are free to sue.

You are now just talking silly.

There is no law or legally binding contract that obligates you in a friendship.
    You are free to start and end friendships whenever you want and for whatever reason you want.
    Since no law is involved your friend is free to speak as a nazi and you are free to stop being friends with him.

However there is a strict law and legal contract that obligates both the employer and the employee in a business relationship.
    What i am saying is that such a contract should not be breakable simply because the current CEO/superior disagrees with a employee on whatever subjective topic.
    You should never be able to fire a competent law abiding worker simply because you don't like what he thinks of something.

Same thing with the freedom of speech in a society.
    If someone has some opinion (whatever it is) he must be allowed to voice it in a normal manner without suddenly being unable to find a job anywhere or being assaulted on the street.

It is not only about making a law that allows such free speech, but also about changing our own ways of handling the subject of personal opinions and subjective thoughts.
    Some people (most?) certainly have crazy opinions and subjective ideas but such thoughts or speaking about them should never be the reason for punishing them.
    You have a fundamental misunderstanding of what free speech means. It means you are free from consequences from the government. You are not free from social consequences. No one else has to put up with that shit, only the government does. The owner of the business has every right to fire someone for being racist.