Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    I'm sorry to disappoint you but i find there to be very little moderates among the Republicans in general and i would rather vote democratic as they are closer to centrum right than republicans currently are. As Republicans are closer at this point to far right in general than democrats are to far left.

As for race issues, not sure why Obama is targeted. He's the first to actually take a stand regarding police violence towards minorities and it was seen rather "presidential" what is rather telling if you ask me. But Presidents before that didn't really make work of this either most likely because this is a complex problem that took decades to make and will take decades to solve and our democratic systems reward short term successes in politics not long term ones, so nobody wants to touch that hot issue as every gets burned.

Unless you're trump you like to throw in some more oil on the fire as that pleases a certain demographic favorable to him.
    Violence towards Minorities.

Obama basically was president for 3 Big cases

A guy who reached into a cops car for his gun

a 5'9 250lb 13yo gang member who pointed a gun at children and was reported in the 911 call to police as a young man pointing a gun at Children. (not a kid) who died to 1 bullet (not overkill just a stopping force for a armed suspect)

And Freddy Gray who i'll admit probably got the bad end of a little too much force...

While 1/3 aint a bad batting average for a President I guess... because he called all 3 Tragedies all before the truth of 911 calls and forensic reports came out.
    Last edited by Moshots; 2017-08-14 at 08:25 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizix View Post
    I'd venture and say it's only a matter of time before the extremists on the left side of the political spectrum will rack a body count too... Doesn't justify the alt-right, of course, but I don't see much of a difference between both sides. They are both extremists and even if they had a decent ideology, it gets lost in between all the useless violence. People that adhere to fringe groups like Antifa or Neo-nazi bullshit don't give a crap about ideas, they really just need to scratch that itch for violence and any excuse is a good enough excuse for them to do so and blow off steam for God knows what internal issue they have with themselves and their sorry life.

the problem with the whole thing isn't the statement alone, (which is certainly true, violence from every side is a problem and needs to be adressed), but seen in context. if left wing violence gets called out, religious violence gets called out, but right wing violence only gets an "violence is bad, mhkay" that can and will (already has actually) be seen as acception.

If this would have been a muslim hurting a single neo nazi the expected trump reaction (expectations he build up himself) would be akin to "ban all muslims from driving, my travel ban isn't even tight enough it seems, protect the right to peaceful (no mention of them running around in riot gear for "protection") protest! MAGA USA USA!!! (paraphrasing here obviously)

this is the kind of reaction people expect of him when violence happens, and if one kind of violence gets this kind of reaction, while the other side gets a "don't do this, but to the other side, don't do this either, it's bad" it's not hard to see why people are upset

Quote Originally Posted by ForLoveOfMe View Post
    Any reason why you are posting pics of the victim? It doesn't matter who she was. It just encourages both sides to use her for their agenda: left to saint hood her, right to demonize her.
    I already explained why I posted. My post was a reply.

You didn't ask why I posted a picture of the black man getting beaten and the result of said beating.
    You didn't ask why I posted a picture of all those people getting rammed by a car.

They were victims too. Why only single her out?
    Last edited by Birujinia; 2017-08-14 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moshots View Post
    That was the moment I realized that democrats rather pander for Votes than actually care about what happened to americans.
    Despite what you might think about Democrats and pandering to the vote, at least they actually nominally care about the people who live in your country. Republicans? They would not only stick their head so far up the votes ass they could taste it's breakfast, they would stab it in the back and leave it dying in the gutter the instant they are done milking it for whatever it's worth. I mean, for god sakes, the R ticket elected Donald fucknut Trump. The man who flipflopped so frequently trying to pander to completely different segments of the vote that it was a wonder you didn't get to see his head spin full circle, exorcist style, during the debates.......

Also, I shouldn't have to point this out, but the only reason that the Cheeto In Chief is currently degrading the Whitehouse is because his team pandered to the vote. The problem is, they also pandered to the lowest common denominator among said Vote as well. At least the Dems haven't deigned to stoop quite that low in an effort to play the game however.
    Last edited by Surfd; 2017-08-14 at 08:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshots View Post
    Violence towards Minorities.

Obama basically was president for 3 Big cases

A guy who reached into a cops car for his gun

a 5'9 250lb 13yo gang member who pointed a gun at children and was reported in the 911 call to police as a young man pointing a gun at Children. (not a kid) who died to 1 bullet (not overkill just a stopping force for a armed suspect)

And Freddy Gray who i'll admit probably got the bad end of a little too much force...

While 1/3 aint a bad batting average for a President I guess... because he called all 3 Tragedies all before the truth of 911 calls and forensic reports came out.
    In general we can conclude there is a lot of violence from the Police towards minorities, as for him calling it early i didn't really follow all these things since if i i had to follow these kinds of incidents and gun violence i probably would not to quit my day time job, to point out how often it actually takes place.

I'm not sure what your point is here actually since you seem to want to argue something but i don't know what.

Do notice i made a typo in my previous post, meant non-presidential not presidential.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ForLoveOfMe View Post
    Any reason why you are posting pics of the victim? It doesn't matter who she was. It just encourages both sides to use her for their agenda: left to saint hood her, right to demonize her.
    It doesn't matter who she was? you are sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    You're going to need to connect some dots there. How is Ferguson to blame for the immediate racist response to Obama getting elected, both the overt racism via hanged effigies and racial slurs and the implied racism via the birther movement etc.?

Is time traveling wizard Hillary Clinton to blame, again?

Demonize her...for peacefully protesting? No, share her image widely. She was a victim of domestic terror and was out there protesting against hatred.

If that bothers you, then I'd suggest examining your own views closely.
    Actually, people like you are to blame. Remember when you endorsed that nazi rally, because first amendment? This is what happens if you don't stop them in their tracks. This is why Europe constantly hits them over the head with a legal club. In regular intervalls, because they're slow learners. So shit like this doesn't happen, because for them, there is only the escalation ladder leading up to the dismantling of the current Government and violent removal of undesired. This is their actual agenda. That dude didn't just have the idea pop into his head. He was most likely drowned in all kinds of weird shit propaganda about how the white folk are retaking their nation and anyone opposing them is a traitor and deserves some punishment... how do you think people get radicalised like that?

It's because of these organisations rampaging freely through your nation, saying whatever the fuck they want, because nobody stops them. It's because people like you shrug it off and ignore them. It's because people like you don't look at what they say and go wildly drunk on the idea of "first amendment". LOOK at what their agenda is. THE DESTRUCTION OF THE USA. Look at it. Tell me again that they should be protected by the first amendment. That amendment would be the first victim if they ever got their way. Perhaps next time you'll not be as laissez faire about their shit.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

here's a clear video of antifa types with baseball bats and sticks threatening right wing protestors walking past, this was pre-any car incident, so can we drop the "left is non-violent" at the protest remarks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yzhq...outu.be&t=3104

The past decades the US was held together by fighting "wars against..." and now that people are tired sending soldiers anywhere fighting for freedom it seems internal problems (that where always there) crack up. It's to be expected and no wonder that law inforcement turns into an inner army more and more... Trump is said to be quite close to the military which is a welcome precondition to fortify power. Just some ideas though and I might have gotten it all wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by btorz View Post
    here's a clear video of antifa types with baseball bats and sticks threatening right wing protestors walking past, this was pre-any car incident, so can we drop the "left is non-violent" at the protest remarks

Wake us when there is footage of a lefty car plowing through a pack of skinheads.

If you are going to post one and wave your finger, post them all. I don't think anyone said the "left is non-violent". They did say the left didn't cause a fatality in Charlottesville, Va.

Quote Originally Posted by Birujinia View Post

If you are going to post one and wave your finger, post them all. I don't think anyone said the "left is non-violent". They did say the left didn't cause a fatality in Charlottesville, Va.
    you serious, saying "fuck you fagggots" behind a barricade is hardly a threat, also did you even watch the second video the antifa girl is clearly the instigator in that scuffle clearly had a grip on the other guys shirt and people were telling her to get off him

you serious, saying "fuck you fagggots" behind a barricade is hardly a threat, also did you even watch the second video the antifa girl is clearly the instigator in that scuffle clearly had a grip on the other guys shirt and people were telling her to get off him
    As I said, if you are going to wave your finger and post one video of aggression and violence; post all of them from different views. The whole place was a battleground of violence and aggression. Not just a bunch of people waving sticks at each other. I thought I made that pretty clear.
    Last edited by Birujinia; 2017-08-14 at 09:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    Wake us when there is footage of a lefty car plowing through a pack of skinheads.
    So political violence is only unacceptable when it ends in a fatality?

Nazis don't look good in a victim role. Don't try to spin the events like they are. One of them ploughed through a crowd of people. Trying to justify that with "well, they had sticks..." isn't cutting it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    No, it's never acceptable. Just like downplaying fatalities after one such violence escalated is unacceptable. Sorry, you wanted to say something, go ahead...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    I know it's hard to believe for you black and white types but there are degrees of severity. Driving through a crowd ranks higher than threatening with bats. As long as there is a difference the right is worse than the left no matter how hard you try to cling to your last shred of legitimacy.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    I guess the car should have taken an alt-left instead.

Yes, I know, too soon.
    I laughed.
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    WoW is ending soon. Mark my words right here right now.
    They're shifting to a Diablo MMO and putting World of Warcraft on hold for the moment/a while.
    Prophet tikcol at your disposal any day, any time.
    Spoken by the great prophet on 6/29/17

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Being right wing and not being called a Nazi is rather easy task,
    It really isn't.
    Now being called a racist is that happens from time to time, but as long you aren't a bigot, an actual xenophobe and can make the case about immigration disconnected from race and religion or at minimum not exclusively based on race or religion it will never stick.
    It really does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    It really isn't.

It really does.
    Nope it won't and i don't get the victim complex on the right when we are in power almost everywhere.

If what you say is to be true, right to centrum right would not have maintained their popularity and voter base, while far right have seen theirs slowly grow and left hasn't seen some increases but nowhere near to return back to their former positions. Especially in times of immigration debates how come the left isn't able to pull ahead if you say that depicting all right as nazi's is easy why is it not working and a valid strategy to discredit others and gain political points again?