Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No, you are reading into it. It's about the time spent metric. It doesn't mention any money at all because it would be silly.to compare two different metrics.
    No, that was the first line, the other wasn't.

It's so much fun watching the doomsayers be proven wrong every quarter.

Nice to see Hearthstone keeps growing though.

And that Gloomhound mount is absolutely gorgeous.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    No, that was the first line, the other wasn't.
    There's only one line:
    "World of Warcraft time spent grew year over year, and Legion continues to outperform the prior expansion."
    It doesn't specify a different metric and even if it was a different metric - you don't know which. But I remember WoD being and expansion with nothing to do.

But ok, let's say for the sake of argument, they are talking about money here. Fine. They outperform WoD, the worst expansion money wise. Good job, Blizzard. I guess WoW tokens and character boosts (to skip the fucking grinding) sell well.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    There's only one line:
    "World of Warcraft time spent grew year over year, and Legion continues to outperform the prior expansion."
    It doesn't specify a different metric and even if it was a different metric - you don't know which. But I remember WoD being and expansion with nothing to do.

But ok, let's say for the sake of argument, they are talking about money here. Fine. They outperform WoD, the worst expansion money wise. Good job, Blizzard. I guess WoW tokens and character boosts (to skip the fucking grinding) sell well.
    Yeah I have to add, it doesn't have to be only earnings, sure(but it surely is included in that last line)It can mean more subs, that they earn more from shop etc, and also time spent. As you say, its only one line. Like the rest of the statement. It is one sentence sure, but actually two lines. They have one sentence for each game in that short statement. If they were to describe every part of the game, it wouldn't be a short statement.

They use the word outperform it, wich I believe(who knows really right) means that Legion outperforms WoD in every way. Wich is fairly reasonable. I also had a little nod to that Legion outperforms WoD, wich shouldn't be really hard
    Last edited by Doffen; 2017-08-14 at 10:52 AM. Reason: silly typos

Quote Originally Posted by Kingpinwlock View Post
    I do wonder where they take the information about wow from; "World of Warcraft time spent grew year over year, and Legion continues to outperform the prior expansion." Is it just played time or do they actually think people LIKE the game right now?
    OFC WE SPEND A LOT OF HOURS ON THE GRIND FEST THAT IS LEGION.. Outperform my ass when you have to play every hour of everyday to stay competitive.. (do not correct me)
    So you have an issue with grinding. Surely you prefer having all the loot delivered to your mailbox while afking mid-air and still you will complain about "having nothing to do" on the forums. If you had to grind, you cry, if you don't have to, you cry. People like you need to find another game and stop trying to pollute WoW with your imbecility.

I know it will never happen, but would be nice to have a subscription what is ticking while you play, not just always, no matter what. Some of us in non-us countries (and very different economy and currency rates) suffer from it. To us, the monthly sub is a substantial amount.

I enjoyed Legion, it is now on a pause though. Still better than WoD, alas I enjoyed the WoD community way more. Legion's success attracted the worst people too, never had such toxic experiences in WoD at least. There are problems with Legion, way too much dungeon forcing to progress and the list goes on. Still, the content is nicer now.

Quote Originally Posted by fathom81 View Post
    Wow is great, been playing since vanilla, stop now and then when i get bored, dont do highend raiding so i dont farm, i only do what i want, when i get bored i watch rick and morty.
    That mount...they gave DH a purple and gold bat, then pick the model and do a decent mount...meh
    You're wrong, they don't say it's dying, they say "IT'S DED".

Quote Originally Posted by ImpalerEU View Post
    So you have an issue with grinding. Surely you prefer having all the loot delivered to your mailbox while afking mid-air and still you will complain about "having nothing to do" on the forums. If you had to grind, you cry, if you don't have to, you cry. People like you need to find another game and stop trying to pollute WoW with your imbecility.
    There's a difference between grinding and getting gear because you do something that requires effort, not time.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    What metric are they using to calculate time spent in game?

As in players are spending more time playing (despite being fewer in number).

Or the hours added up of every player in game? (Because there are more players, thus bumping up the amount of hours spent) year over year makes it sound like it's increasing every year so I doubt this is the metric they're using considering the drops the last few expansions.

If it's the former then that's probably because of the grind.

I doubt it's the latter.
    If the grind is boring, people won't play anyway. I don't even play the game anymore, not because it's boring because it surely isn't and not even close, but because my class(Warlock) is the most boring it has ever been by a long shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Elfcap View Post
    I know it will never happen, but would be nice to have a subscription what is ticking while you play, not just always, no matter what. Some of us in non-us countries (and very different economy and currency rates) suffer from it. To us, the monthly sub is a substantial amount.

I enjoyed Legion, it is now on a pause though. Still better than WoD, alas I enjoyed the WoD community way more. Legion's success attracted the worst people too, never had such toxic experiences in WoD at least. There are problems with Legion, way too much dungeon forcing to progress and the list goes on. Still, the content is nicer now.
    i wished that they had the "pay as you play" model long ago. I log in only average 3 days a week. 2 days to raid, and a day to maybe do other stuff. This will probably never happen. Heck, even a simple music app like Spotify goes by per month. Or even if they do implement it, they will likely make it twice as costly to us if we choose this payment method.

For comparison, paying for WoW is equivalent to 1/3 or almost 1/2 my mobile bill; in terms of my country's currency.

In any case Legion kept me playing since its launch; grind or not. Which is more than what I can say for WoD (quit after the 1st month).

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    There's a difference between grinding and getting gear because you do something that requires effort, not time.
    Yeah, like raiding, which still provides artifact power to make-up for the grinding you don't like and still put in effort and team play to down difficult bosses. What's the issue if you still gain the currency you mostly need in this expansion?. Even PvP and Dungeons, which people did before the existence of artifact power, provide that currency in addition to loot. I don't see what the issue is now. Oh, because you feel forced to do something every time you log in and would rather log in and afk mid-air without missing on anything?. Wasn't Vanilla all about hardcore grinding?.

Yeah, like raiding, which still provides artifact power to make-up for the grinding you don't like and still put in effort and team play to down difficult bosses.
    That's what I'm doing actually. I'm happy that Blizzard decided to slow down the AP grinding.

I don't see what the issue is now.
    It was an issue back then, not now. It was almost required if you wanted to do mythic raids.

Oh, because you feel forced to do something every time you log in and would rather log in and afk mid-air without missing on anything?. .
    That's a nonsense and isn't giving anything constructive to the discussion. If you think that way, then you should've read my comment once more.

Wasn't Vanilla all about hardcore grinding?.
    We're no longer in Vanilla times.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    That's what I'm doing actually. I'm happy that Blizzard decided to slow down the AP grinding.

It was an issue back then, not now. It was almost required if you wanted to do mythic raids.

That's a nonsense and isn't giving anything constructive to the discussion. If you think that way, then you should've read my comment once more.

We're no longer in Vanilla times.
    We're no longer in vanilla times but the majority prefer the vanilla play style, which was a rewarding play style for those that logged in often. This also explains why this expansion is rather active and lively compared to others. The way the game is at the moment is the best it could ever be. I could log-in any day of the week and still I'll have an explosion of things to do. That's how the game is supposed to be. Those that prefer doing one objective at a time then proceed to afk mid-air should find another game.

We're no longer in vanilla times but the majority prefer the vanilla play style, which was a rewarding play style for those that logged in often. This also explains why this expansion is rather active and lively compared to others. The way the game is at the moment is the best it could ever be. I could log-in any day of the week and still I'll have an explosion of things to do. That's how the game is supposed to be. Those that prefer doing one objective at a time then proceed to afk mid-air should find another game.
    I prefer vanilla, but I think you are absolutely wrong in that the majority wants the vanilla playstyle. I think it's a small minority.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    It's so much fun watching the doomsayers be proven wrong every quarter.
    I know right? Because a carefully worded, deliberately ambiguous statement which reeks of lawyer talk totally disproves every negative portrayal of the current state of the game...

Quote Originally Posted by mingarrubia View Post
    I know right? Because a carefully worded, deliberately ambiguous statement which reeks of lawyer talk totally disproves every negative portrayal of the current state of the game...
    Good thing I never said that WoW has no negatives then isn't it? If you look around some of my posts in WoW I've stated things that I don't like about the game. Now if I was in denial about some of the flaws of a game that would be bordering on blind fanaticism. Which I don't do.

Also who am I more likely to believe? The source themselves or some random MMO Champion poster screaming "OMG WoW is ded 2 mil subs"?
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-08-14 at 12:37 PM.

WoW basing it's success by the amount of time people spent logged in...

Well no fucking shit! The expansion literally has a "carrot on a stick" approach in everything, hiding everything behind RNG... even reputation mounts for God's sake. People are now compelled to play a lot more, with no end goal but chance.

Fuck that, and fuck Blizzard... this is only going to encourage them to go further with this method.

What's next? Lower the amount of guaranteed loot amount in raids to 1, leaving additional ones up to chance? Make mount drops proc for varying speeds? Splatter on more layers of procs on gear drops?

Legion will forever be the "Burn Out" expansion to me... never before had I felt the need to stop playing, taking a 3 month break.

But go on Blizz, try to chase off more players with this retarded approach. Should do wonders if it carries over into future expansions.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2017-08-14 at 12:53 PM.

Deleted
    So WOD was a FAILURE because :
    LOSS OF SUBS

and

NOTHING TO DO
    by the "mastermind" of this thread.

Now that Legion IS OUTPERFORMING because people ACTUALLY DO SOMETING that they seems to enjoy, if you play wow and don't like it you are a retard no excuse, IT DOESN'T COUNT.

ahhh the ignorant haters

You have to be a retarded fanboy to not laugh at the "World of Warcraft time spent..."
    I'm playing and I don't care if its fewer subscribers as I don't think wow will die anyway.

Destiny 2 will be the first non-Blizzard PC title on Blizzard's Battle.net platform
    The what ? Oh you mean the Blizzard app !