10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    They are literally going to show a trailer for 7.3, and maybe show a brief teaser of 8.0, thats it. Yall are high af
    Never in the history of WoW have they ever showed a "teaser", it's not going to happen. Either a full expansion reveal or not, that's it.
    And at this point it's just going to be a trash 7.3 recap, especially judging how Terran suddenly backtracked and said he was excited to share 7.3 with everyone instead of continuing to give people false hope.

Guess he realized he was a big retard for doing so as he'd receive so much fucking backlash from it. I know I won't be watching the Gamescom stream this year, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by JonTargaryen View Post
    Waiting until Blizzcon to get news of the next expansion won't be particularly onerous. However, I'm not looking forward to another ten weeks of "leaks".
    I think the leaks will go quiet once there is no actual announcement and resurface just before Blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Akande Ogundimu View Post
    Never in the history of WoW have they ever showed a "teaser", it's not going to happen. Either a full expansion reveal or not, that's it.
    And at this point it's just going to be a trash 7.3 recap, especially judging how Terran suddenly backtracked and said he was excited to share 7.3 with everyone instead of continuing to give people false hope.

Guess he realized he was a big retard for doing so as he'd receive so much fucking backlash from it. I know I won't be watching the Gamescom stream this year, that's for sure.
    The big retards are people who read much into things and project their own false assumptions. Right at the beginning he has said he'd excited about the new type of cinematic they've managed to do for 7.3.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    The big retards are people who read much into things and project their own false assumptions. Right at the beginning he has said he'd excited about the new type of cinematic they've managed to do for 7.3.
    He can be excited about the new type of cut-scene and about the Gamescom expansion announcement. Besides, the new cut-scene technology isn't something they can use in a trailer. The point of that tech is that they can place the player's character model in the action, meaning it can only really be showcased in-game and not in a trailer.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    The big retards are people who read much into things and project their own false assumptions.
    Not really, because at gamescom two years ago and even at blizzcon they told us they would do the announcements at gamescom and then go into more detail at Blizzcon. So people expected that and then that retard had to go and "omg im so excited for Gamescom lololol"

Of course people would expect something to be released there, we know all there is to know about that trash patch, it's another broken shore 2.0 just bigger and with much better stories. But then all of a sudden "Ohh I'm so excited to show you 7.3"

He fucking realized he'd receive such a shitstorm if he hyped people up for a fake announcement. Just go back to one of the blizzcons during WoD, they hyped it up and it ended up being a patch recap which caused people to lose their fucking shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JainaKulTirasGamescom View Post
    • This is Blizzard's biggest Gamescom yet. Announcing a patch trailer doesn't warrant that kind of description. Historically, they've simply dumped the trailer of the final patch on YouTube and linked it on social media. "Hey guys, find out what awaits you in 6.2!"
    This alone warrants to keep the hype up for Gamescom. I stand by what I said earlier: they bumped WoW from Blizzcon to Gamescom.

Quote Originally Posted by JonTargaryen View Post
    Waiting until Blizzcon to get news of the next expansion won't be particularly onerous. However, I'm not looking forward to another ten weeks of "leaks".
    Yeah that's kind of what I'm worried about, ten weeks of leaks haha!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akande Ogundimu View Post
    Not really, because at gamescom two years ago and even at blizzcon they told us they would do the announcements at gamescom and then go into more detail at Blizzcon. So people expected that and then that retard had to go and "omg im so excited for Gamescom lololol"

Of course people would expect something to be released there, we know all there is to know about that trash patch, it's another broken shore 2.0 just bigger and with much better stories. But then all of a sudden "Ohh I'm so excited to show you 7.3"

He fucking realized he'd receive such a shitstorm if he hyped people up for a fake announcement. Just go back to one of the blizzcons during WoD, they hyped it up and it ended up being a patch recap which caused people to lose their fucking shit.
    Your outrage is unwarranted. He was right to get people hyped up, because there will be an expansion announcement.

People have been reading too much into recent tweets. Just because Terran Gregory is also excited about 7.3 and new cut-scene technology, that does not imply there won't be a 8.0 announcement.

People need to calm down. Relax!
    Blizzard is going to release their schedule for Gamescom this week, probably tomorrow.

There was always the chances of the expansion being revealed or not next week. So, hope for the best but get ready for the worst (whatever each one is to you)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    This alone warrants to keep the hype up for Gamescom. I stand by what I said earlier: they bumped WoW from Blizzcon to Gamescom.
    You are correct. The reason they did so was because they nowadays have six games to look after. The Opening ceremony of the past was basically Chris Metzen announcing WoW expansions. These days, there are a ton of news to get through. Announcing WoW expansions at Gamescom (with more details during BlizzCon panels) makes perfect sense. It gives WoW the room it deserves, without taking away from the other games. It also more or less lets Blizzard control the game news cycle the entire autumn leading up to the holiday season.

I'm aware the quarterly content release spoken about in the earnings call is referring to 7.3. I just thought that that being there (or the lack of mentioning of 8.0) doesn't exclude an upcoming 8.0 announcement like some people seemed to have thought a few pages back.

I suppose look forward to the next couple of days when some scheduling info comes out.

This alone means nothing. They can have the biggest Gamescom yet by announcing a new IP or some other new game. It doesn't have to be WoW.
    Last edited by Sarethion; 2017-08-14 at 01:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyssian View Post
    This alone means nothing. They can have the biggest Gamescom yet by announcing a new IP or another new game. It doesn't have to be WoW.
    Outside of a gimmicky game like HOTS or Hearthstone I don't see why they would announce it outisde of Blizzcon. Look at what they did for Overwatch.

Outside of a gimmicky game like HOTS or Hearthstone I don't see why they would announce it outisde of Blizzcon. Look at what they did for Overwatch.
    Diablo III was announced in Paris in 2008. That's not a gimmicky game, but one of their major franchises getting a long-awaited announcement outside of Blizzcon.

I stand with Littlefinger on this. I don't think they would call it the biggest Gamescom ever for them if it doesn't involve a new expansion for WoW. The only way I could see this argument validated without a WoW 8.0 announcement, is if they were to reveal a new Diablo game.

Biggest Gamescom ever couldn't possibly refer to them having a larger presence there and taking up more space, could it?

Afterall, they've more games to promote now than they used to.
    Last edited by Jodmos; 2017-08-14 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    I stand with Littlefinger on this. I don't think they would call it the biggest Gamescom ever for them if it doesn't involve a new expansion for WoW. The only way I could see this argument validated without a WoW 8.0 announcement, is if they were to reveal a new Diablo game.
    Or a brand new IP. Announcing a new IP/big new game is in some way bigger than announcing an expansion to an already existing title, which might be what they've meant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jodmos View Post
    Biggest Gamescom ever couldn't possible refer to them having a larger presence there and taking up more space, could it?

There's also this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jodmos View Post
    Biggest Gamescom ever couldn't possible refer to them having a larger presence there and taking up more space, could it?

It could be interpretated in that way I suppose.

Or a brand new IP. Announcing a new IP/big new game is in some way bigger than announcing an expansion to an already existing title, which might be what they've meant.
    Yep, that too!

10+ Year Old Account
    Diablo III was announced in Paris in 2008. That's not a gimmicky game, but one of their major franchises getting a long-awaited announcement outside of Blizzcon.
    At the Blizzard World Wide Invitational which was their semi Blizzcon back before Blizzcon got bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    Or is it even possible for the living to go to the Shadowlands?
    Death knights go there throghout their leveling experience and are said to have a strong link to it, so it's not crazy to assume they can create a portal/connection for other mortals to cross, much like druids do with the emerald dream.