10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Theres a good chance Lacy and Kearse doesn't make the 53 man if the players that stood out continue to do so.
    Their contracts suggest otherwise, we're talking $6.5 mil dead money to gain $1 mil cap space.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Their contracts suggest otherwise, we're talking $6.5 mil dead money to gain $1 mil cap space.
    Lacy wouldn't be a big hit alone. Kearse was a bad contract and hes slumped hard. I'd honestly rather cut him if Kasen can sustain his production. But I said that before I heard about the Paul Richardson injury.

Ray Rice didn't do anything wrong, and he was punted from the league entirely. Zeke getting 6 seems dumb, but the league doesn't want his fuckboi behavior in their league anymore. I can see why, but really, no charges should mean nothing worth mentioning happened, just like Ray. But whatever, equality don't really matter.

I like Sammy, but he's too injury prone. A lot of them Clemson dudes are like that, which is a shame. Staying away from Tyrod in my drafts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skayaq View Post
    Bloody hell, now Alex Lewis is out for the season as well. WE must be bloody cursed or something this year. We have now lost Pitta, Tavon Young, Kenneth Dixon, Crockett Gilmore, Nico Siragusa, and now Lewis.
    lol lol lol lol lol Don't forget Urschel and whatever the fucking hell is going on with Orr. How much does Sizz have left? I don't want to get murdered by the Pats this season.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Jared Crick was carted off in practice today. At this rate Denver won't even have a front 7 other than Von at the end of preseason.

Jordan Matthews has a chip fracture of his sternum as well. Welcome to the Bills.
    Last edited by Grube; 2017-08-14 at 04:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    "#Chargers LB Denzel Perryman suffered an ankle injury that will keep him out at least the first 4 games, source said. He may need surgery."

Chargers definitely trying to keep pace with the Ravens.

- - - Updated - - -

"Source: #Lions LB Brandon Copeland tore his pec. He will need surgery and is out of season. Played in all 16 games last year."

Rapoport

I'm counting my blessings that the Patriots seem to have dodged any serious injuries so far. Our only real worry at the moment is when Hightower is going to be off the PUP list. He's the only one left after Alan Branch came off it today and started training.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Ray Rice didn't do anything wrong, and he was punted from the league entirely. Zeke getting 6 seems dumb, but the league doesn't want his fuckboi behavior in their league anymore. I can see why, but really, no charges should mean nothing worth mentioning happened, just like Ray. But whatever, equality don't really matter.

I like Sammy, but he's too injury prone. A lot of them Clemson dudes are like that, which is a shame. Staying away from Tyrod in my drafts.
    I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not. I assume it's either sarcasm or trolling because I'd like to imagine that any rational person would understand that Ray Rice did something very wrong.

I don't understand the outrage over Zeke's suspension here (not only directed at you Itachi, but everyone frustrated over it). The NFL is an employer with a personal conduct policy--much like almost every major employer has. Those policies are pretty much always stricter than the law (i.e., you don't need to break a law to violate one). Zeke put himself in a position to be accused of domestic violence. While he may have not done something as extreme as he is being accused of, he did enough to warrant a thorough investigation and enough to get himself in a spot that he was accused--even if it's as simple as hanging out with the wrong people. The press release from the DA saying they aren't charging him with a crime is telling as well. It doesn't say "We found no evidence of any crime committed by Mr. Elliot"--it says there is conflicting evidence, not the absence of any evidence. Zeke also has video evidence of him grabbing a woman's shirt and exposing her breast in public. The latter alone is likely enough to say he violated the personal conduct policy of the NFL and get the hammer from Goodell. A domestic violence charge + video evidence of him groping a female isn't a good look (nor does it inspire confidence in his character).

The bottom line is that the NFL (or any league) is not in a position to trifle with domestic violence accusations. They need to drop the hammer in these questionable situations (meaning he wasn't 100% absolved of wrong-doing by the DA), whether you like it or not. If Zeke doesn't want to be in this situation, maybe he shouldn't put himself in a position to be in this situation.

With that said, I dislike Goodell much as the next guy (for his lack of consistency), but he had no choice in this situation. The NFL cannot risk being seen as a league defending domestic violence, especially in light of how poorly they've handled it in the past.

tl;dr: Let's not act like Zeke is some innocent bystander here. He's in one of the most privileged positions in the world and he, at a minimum, acted in a manner unbecoming of that position by allowing himself to be in this situation (sounds like a violation of the person conduct policy to me). He should know better (hopefully now he does).

Quote Originally Posted by Espo View Post
    I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not. I assume it's either sarcasm or trolling because I'd like to imagine that any rational person would understand that Ray Rice did something very wrong.
    I don't really know any of the facts about Zeke other than he's an entitled athlete. I don't like him cuz he went to Ohio.

For Ray Rice, some woman spit in his face twice and struck him. He defended himself and she was wasted to the point that the one blow knocked her down, where she ended up banging her head on a railing. It happens. If we are in a world where everyone is screaming for equality, it shouldn't matter one damn bit that he's a "professional athlete", she shouldn't have put her hands on him. She should not have spit on him.

No charges were filed by her on him... oh, yeah, she later became his wife. It's a complete non-issue. You get into it with your people sometimes. The next day, the next week... you're cool again.

Personally, i think you need to show more restraint then it is someone you love, but otherwise... a lot of these public displays of aggression are very much people getting what they deserve but then the black athlete coming out worse for it. I'm 100% behind DeAndre Jordan. Not 100% sure what was or wasn't said to provoke Joe Mixon, but you call a black man a nigger and you can catch some hands. Male or female. Why? It's not usually done in a cute and friendly way.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's not re-discuss the events of the whole Ray Rice fiasco or unrelated events in this thread. Stick to the issue around Zeke.

- - - Updated - - -

And there it is:

10+ Year Old Account
    So apparently the Falcons stadium has a Chik-Fil-A. A Chik-Fil-A. In an NFL stadium. A sport that plays primarily on Sunday...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    So apparently the Falcons stadium has a Chik-Fil-A. A Chik-Fil-A. In an NFL stadium. A sport that plays primarily on Sunday...
    Chik-Fill-A sucks anyways, why even eat there.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    "The Saints have fired team orthopedists Deryk Jones and Misty Suri, per source, after it was discovered that CB Delvin Breaux has a fractured fibula and will require surgery expected to sidelined him for 4-6 weeks. Breaux was originally diagnosed with a contusion – and the team was frustrated that he wasn't recovering more quickly until the missed diagnosis was revealed. It was accurately reported that the team has had an issue with Breaux's string of nagging injuries in the past, but this case is different. And it seems unlikely at this point that the team will be as eager to trade or release Breaux."

GG Saints doctors. That's honestly pathetic.

It also lead to this tweet by Rapoport:

"The #Saints doctors have been a source of frustration for players for years. This is only the latest example."

Sounds like this might not be the last we hear of this. They nearly traded Breaux because of a missed diagnosis, and that's the medical staff you base your decisions on? I would assume there's going to be some off-season fall out from this where the Saints rebuild their medical staff or at least take a long hard look at improvements they can make there.

Feeling the Raiders might put something together this year. I'm liking a lot of their options in Cooper and Mack.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have words, just imagine some kind of exasperated groan.

10+ Year Old Account
    ".@NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell will appoint his designee Harold Henderson as Ezekiel Elliott’s hearing offer"

"Appeals officer Harold Henderson previously reduced Greg Hardy’s suspension from 10-4 games. He’s on the NFL/NFLPA Player Care Foundation"

Rapoport

I also recall seeing somewhere that the appeal hearing would be on the 28th of August, but I can;t find the source for it now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lot of word getting out about the accuser texting her friend about blackmailing Zeke with sex tapes. It is just idle talk, but it doesn't help her credibility.

According to the union
    Ms. Thompson’s Highly Inappropriate Conduct – Including Contemplated Extortion – Punctuates Her Lack Of Credibility.
    I mean you add that to the threats to ruin his career and the harassing phone calls and its a wonder the NFL didn't suspend him forever!! /s

https://twitter.com/NFLprguy/status/897863415313698816

its gonna get ugly
    Last edited by draynay; 2017-08-17 at 04:07 AM.

The amount of people talking about it is just as good as advertising, and renting the kiosk or whatever they are using is probably somewhat cheap. Plus, there is at least a Supercross event, and likely concerts and other sporting events held there as well. It is most likely well worth their investment.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like it because it makes the Falcons look stupid as hell having a restaurant that won't be open for games in their brand new stadium.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Bortles hype train got derailed last season. The wreckage has caught on fire this preseason.

10+ Year Old Account
    OMG I actually have a game to watch finally! I'm getting Bucs v Jags! Woo finally!

you know they will have their soccer games in addition to all the college games (multiple sports) in addition to football there

concerts ect too. plenty of $$$ coming it's way and yea as said before basically free advertising