Page 66 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Maybe just one time the people crying about this could not say a bunch of disgusting and hateful things? How about some personal responsibility from that party that claims that they have it?
    Obviously they could have done this a lot better. All this event does is give the political left ammunition to spin the narrative into one that shows white supremacy is a problem and that we need more leftist policies and restriction of freedoms.

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    People don't turn into Nazis at 100% rate. Sure there will be some who are driven that far. Most are just looking for common ground in a climate where they do not feel comfortable living in.
    People are responsible for their own actions. Period.

Feel free to keep trying to shift the blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Gamergate lol
    Goes to show you what pathetic bullshit people buy into if they can somehow victimize themselves out of it.

@Illana

I suggest you to not bother. You are arguing with people that rationalize and intentionally misconstrue everything that you say, twisting the meaning of your ideas just to fit their narrow points of view that the "left is always in the right, no matter what crimes they commit" and "the right is always wrong, regardless of how much they are actually backed to a corner". Their capability to understand how actions of censorship and discrimination committed by the far-left against any and all dissenters, which include center-left people all the way to far-right, affected the events to get to where we are now.

In their world, actions done in the name of progressiveness only bring positives, and things done by the far-right will always excuse the extreme-left to retaliate with disproportional force.

They already picked a side, and they will make any mental gymnastics necessary in order to not see how the left created the monster we now see with the alt-right.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    At this point i am pretty sure you are just trolling so i will stop bothering to reply to you.

In the very same post you quoted and replied to (as well as the previous god knows how many posts you quoted) i have clearly explained it to you what happens in a poor country filled with corruption...

A place where the tycoons, the politicians, the police, the military, the media, the organized crime and the judges/courts are all on one side working together and hell-bent on exploiting their own countrymen to the bone.

A place where you can just "accidentally" vanish one night and the police will not even show up on your home address when your wife reports you missing...

And your brilliant suggestion is "get rid of bad laws"?!

The very same laws no one powerful is bothering to follow because corrupted judicial systems and law enforcement do not function when powerful people break the law?

That reply of yours was just a bad attempt at trolling, or perhaps you are really that severely clueless.
    Frankly i don't know and i don't care.

Stay in your tycoon loving shell and promote their unlimited corrupting power until at some point it turns against you and your loved ones.
    I'm not trolling, I'm supporting freedom, and opposing double standards.

if you have a problem with government corruption, deal with it. If you have a problem with oppressive laws, get rid of them. Stop trying to put your own oppressive laws on top of them. You are quite literally asking the government you claim to be corrupt, to come to your aid. Your government is the problem, so stop thinking they are the solution.

A person should not be forced to work for an employer he does not like. An employer should not have to employ someone he does not like. Period.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Balrogix View Post
    @Illana

I suggest you to not bother. You are arguing with people that rationalize and intentionally misconstrue everything that you say, twisting the meaning of your ideas just to fit their narrow points of view that the "left is always in the right, no matter what crimes they commit" and "the right is always wrong, regardless of how much they are actually backed to a corner". Their capability to understand how actions of censorship and discrimination committed by the far-left against any and all dissenters, which include center-left people all the way to far-right, affected the events to get to where we are now.

In their world, actions done in the name of progressiveness only bring positives, and things done by the far-right will always excuse the extreme-left to retaliate with disproportional force.

They already picked a side, and they will make any mental gymnastics necessary in order to not see how the left created the monster we now see with the alt-right.
    He is literally trying to shift the blame of people becoming Nazis.

Also, is this another alt account of one of the many banned accounts of people supporting Nazis? Just a thought...

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    I agree in general but SPEAKING should be just as fully protected as thinking is.

No one should be allowed to molest people/kids or kill - but censoring any thought or speech has always been disastrous in human history.

The very concept of democracy is everyone having their own voice, and then the majority deciding what will actually happen.

If you start subjectively restricting peoples ability to speak (and even think if possible through technology), that will not only ruin democracy but will invite guaranteed abuse by people/corporations in power.
    Thing is that we are restricting people from shouting violence towards groups of people. It's the same reason why my freedom of speech isn't being taken away from me yelling "fire" in a building. When what you are saying has the potential to hurt others by causing a panic then that's a problem. I believe in this case with these protests and what they were saying and advocating, outside of the statue issue, is not anyone trying to take away their freedom to speak.

If you can't say "fire" in a building to cause panic why should you be able to shout the usual racist/Nazi rhetoric with advocating killing/harming others in public? There is a line that can be crossed with the freedom of speech, it isn't a never ending Gobstopper from Willy Wonka that you can just keep saying that kind of stuff forever.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    If you think GamerGate even reached the political climate, I suggest you stop wasting your time on the internet and talk to real people. Even SJWism is, outside of the internet and college campuses, a fringe element.
    Just because it wasn't talked about in mainstream politics doesn't mean it didn't have a substantial effect on the culture. FBI even secured $25million in funding to help tackle "cybercrime" after the women behind gamergate complained not enough was being done to combat the doxxing and threats over social media.

SJWism is a lot more ingrained into society than you think. It's common form is what we call political correctness and it's a cancer eating away at the civilised world

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    People are responsible for their own actions. Period.

Feel free to keep trying to shift the blame.
    I'm just going to leave it at this: extreme left and extreme right can all die for all I care, the world would be a better place. Last weekend was an example of them attempting to eat each other with some misguided innocents in the middle.

As you said: people are responsible for their actions, so when they provoke a reaction, that's something they brought on themselves.

Just because it wasn't talked about in mainstream politics doesn't mean it didn't have a substantial effect on the culture. FBI even secured $25million in funding to help tackle "cybercrime" after the women behind gamergate complained not enough was being done to combat the doxxing and threats over social media.

SJWism is a lot more ingrained into society than you think. It's common form is what we call political correctness and it's a cancer eating away at the civilised world
    The political correctness you display, where white supremacists are merely a victim of others, you mean? Let cancer have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Desareon View Post
    Perhaps if certain people on the Left weren't constantly demonizing a whole group of people for the way they originally voted, they'd consider other opinions than Trump. It's almost like when you call someone a racist, sexist, bigot 24/7 because they have different politics than you, you alienate them and they stick with what they got. It's almost like that's how the Left lost the election in the first place...
    There are always people on either side demonizing the other. And I doubt that people get called any of those names just because they have different preferences regarding policy - unlike said policies are explicitly racist or sexist. Outside of fringe groups however, I have not heard anyone saying that, especially not with the frequency and strength you speak of. You are correct that partisanship is at an all-time high in America, to the point where it clearly overrides people's self-interest. It can be found on both sides though. Don't like minorities? Called racist by one side. Like them? Called SJW by the other.

How do you think "Kill all Jews" and "Lynch the Niggers" will help us reach the next level of civilization?

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Symptom?
    They have their marches, they have their media and now they even have their President.
    Don't tell me that this was a protest because these poor Nazi's aren't being listened to. This was a fucking victory march and you know it.

THEY WERE WAVING WITH FUCKING NAZI FLAGS
    If memory serves, many in the "car" thread were mocking those who maid note of the Antifa flags.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

Why do people care if Group A hates Group B? Why do people care if I see a young black person and consider him a thug based on the way he looks or acts? Why do people care if Group A wishes Group B would be slaves again (or whatever it is exactly that KKK/White Nationalist's "want")?

Shouldn't we care when these people act on those thoughts? Let's be real, most sane people laugh at KKK/White Nationalist's, just like we laugh a BLM and their banging on drums, chanting FTP and looting beauty salons/liquor stores because, most sane people realize nothing they do is going to change anything.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm just going to leave it at this: extreme left and extreme right can all die for all I care, the world would be a better place. Last weekend was an example of them attempting to eat each other with some misguided innocents in the middle.

As you said: people are responsible for their actions, so when they provoke a reaction, that's something they brought on themselves.

In that case, it's the extreme right who is responsible, because their behavior created the far left before that (your logic).

People are responsible for their own actions. Period. If someone wants to march with Nazis, they have made that decision of their won free will. It's not the left's fault they are there, it's their won fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    How do you think "Kill all Jews" and "Lynch the Niggers" will help us reach the next level of civilization?
    Shows us what not to become

Whereas the leftist alternative is to suppress speech and we will never know what is wrong or right because nobody is allowed to talk about it

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Have you actually been to a university? The vast, vast majority of people there are just normal students going about their day trying to finish their studies and get their degree.

Maybe stop getting your idea of what universities are like from Fox and Breitbart.
    I have been to a university, but fortunately it wasn't any of those there are problems with.

I went here and got myself a useful, technical education: http://www.dtu.dk/

No nazis, no SJW's, no political bullshit at all. The closest I got to an opinionated class was about entrepreneurship and the other was about climate change. Everything else was based on mathematics, computation, facts. Loved it. Also a very peaceful but active campus.

Also, I'm not getting my news from Fox or Breitbart, but even if I were, video footage doesn't lie. The amount of de-platforming and safe spaces and downright riots I've seen, and the number of people in them... yeah, I can say with pretty high confidence that there's a huge problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    In that case, it's the extreme right who is responsible, because their behavior created the far left before that (your logic).

People are responsible for their own actions. Period. If someone wants to march with Nazis, they have made that decision of their won free will. It's not the left's fault they are there, it's their won fault.
    If you march with a Nazi, you are a Nazi.

The leftist logic ladies and gentlemen, utterly devoid of nuance.

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    Why do people care if Group A hates Group B? Why do people care if I see a young black person and consider him a thug based on the way he looks or acts? Why do people care if Group A wishes Group B would be slaves again (or whatever it is exactly that KKK/White Nationalist's "want")?

Shouldn't we care when these people act on those thoughts? Let's be real, most sane people laugh at KKK/White Nationalist's, just like we laugh a BLM and their banging on drums, chanting FTP and looting beauty salons/liquor stores because, most sane people realize nothing they do is going to change anything.
    And it would appear they did act on their thoughts. The gentleman who got fired traveled 3000 miles to march with Nazis. His employer thought he did not want to have suc an employer working for him, so he acted on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    If you think GamerGate even reached the political climate, I suggest you stop wasting your time on the internet and talk to real people. Even SJWism is, outside of the internet and college campuses, a fringe element.
    It's pretty fringe even on college campuses. There are a handful of people protesting conservative speakers that get caught on camera and all of a sudden it's an epidemic. The campus I worked at until ~February of this year, and had done so since 2012, had 50k+ students attending. A couple dozen people actively promoting SJW ideology is a drop in the bucket. It's massively blown out of proportion by the right.

Did I say that? Nope.

If you march with a Nazi, clearly being around Nazis is not a deal breaker, and you have no problem marching with them.

Nice try.

Comes closer to reality than your everyone is a victim bullshit.