Page 68 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    Acting stupid is not a valid form of discussion and in case it's not an act, I don't have the nerve to provide you with examples a third grader could think of.
    Which means "actually I don't know so I have to resort to ad hominems to cover the many gaps in my cognitive reasoning"

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    TBF, the majority of states are "at will" employment, so getting fired for marching with the KKK is no different in the eyes of the law than getting fired because the guy simply didn't want you there anymore.
    And I'm fine with that. I'm surprised that so many so-called conservatives are suddenly up in arms over the free markets and freedom of speech working exactly as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    I get this logic, it's just like how America brought 9/11 on itself. The muslims felt backed into a corner and with America's history of holding them down their only option was to become terrorists. Right?
    While I agree "muslims" have a faith that is counter to anything America "is", are you seriously saying most muslims were on the side of the terrorist's? Just trying to figure out if we need to throw comments from you directly in the trash or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Charlottesville happened, because the racists and white supremacists were empowered by Trump winning the White House. They finally felt like they could speak their minds in a more public setting, because "their" guy was in power.
    So they have been thought suppressed until now, where they felt like they couldn't express their feelings because of the political and cultural climate.

Tell me: why do you think Trump is president? Because the population of Nazis and supremacists have slowly been growing? Is it genetic? Is Fox News creating them?

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    That would be great if people actually cared about history.

Slave trade? Whitey's fault. Who cares that the people who sold slaves to Whitey were black and there were black slaver owners and the fact slaves still exist today.

The world war wasn't about right vs left, it was about Hitler wanting to colonise all of Europe. To add to that we had a world war just 20 years or so before about similar things and the only reason we've not had a third one is because of Nuclear weapons.
    Deflect. Deflect. Deflect. Deflect.

Your point was idiotic. People are perfectly capable of assessing whether something is good or bad without holding a white power rally or giving their positions equivalent weight as simply having an opinion of the weather. Equivocating racism, bigotry, and hatred to a political opinion is fallacious.

People need to repeat after me:

A person is responsible for his own actions in life.

Keep saying it until it sinks in.

Which means "actually I don't know so I have to resort to ad hominems to cover the many gaps in my cognitive reasoning"
    At least my gaps aren't so huge I can't come up with "some people are in fact bad and wish others harm" or "some people got convinced that some factor they can't influence automatically makes them feel superior."

It should be in your best interest to stop embarrassing yourself, however, for the sake of my amusement, I'd appreciate you going on.

I can disagree with people, and still interact with them. But, if I march with Nazis, I shouldn't be surprised when someone points it out, and calls me a racist. That guy traveled almost 3000 miles to associate himself with exactly that. he didn't see too upset about being around Nazis and the KKK.
    If you disagree with someone, but have common ground against a common enemy, you're likely to associate yourself with them if you're pushed enough

Deleted
    Again, utterly devoid of nuance.

You can disagree with people and still have common ground.
    Nuance...
    bless your soul for believing compromise can be achieved with nazi-wannabes.
    There comes a point past which tolerance for bullshit depletes. It's about that time. Fuck em.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    At least my gasps aren't so huge I can't come up with "some people are in fact bad and wish others harm" or "some people got convinced that some factor they can't influence automatically makes them feel superior."

It should be in your best interest to stop embarrassing yourself, however, for the sake of my amusement, I'd appreciate you going on.
    The fact you're just deliberately misrepresenting what I've been saying just completely disqualifies you from this discussion.

So they have been thought suppressed until now, where they felt like they couldn't express their feelings because of the political and cultural climate.

Tell me: why do you think Trump is president? Because the population of Nazis and supremacists have slowly been growing? Is it genetic? Is Fox News creating them?

Trump is President for many reasons, one of which was that Hillary was a terrible candidate. There's also the push by Russia to get him elected. You also have the legion of white supremacists and edgelords who supported him. Let's not forget the demagogue nature of Trump's speeches, as well as the victim complex felt by conservatives and whites.

People are responsible for their own actions. I sure as shit didn't vote for Trump, so maybe you should ask the people who did.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by niil945 View Post
    No one got that guy fired but himself. Notifying his employer of his actions wasn't someone else getting him fired. Harassing people, stalking them, death threats, sure, by all means, prosecute those. They are potentially criminal. Where are the masses that are actually defending such behavior? Pointing at trolls and hyperbolic people in this thread isn't representative of what people generally find acceptable so if that's who you're all up in a bluster about I'm just gonna have a good laugh about it. Racism is not an opinion. It should not in any way, shape, or form be tolerated. It's entirely within legal and democratic means to expose such bigotry and have them reap the social consequences of holding such opinions.
    I know I'm arguing a slippery slope here, but don't you understand what I mean? There are people who wouldn't mind firing others for much, much less offensive opinions.
    No I ain't "about that". Drop the condecending, snarky attitude, I've done nothing to deserve it.

Racism is an opinion. Ultimately, right or wrong doesn't exist and the majority defines what is right and wrong according to what fits them. There are reasonable reactions and there's writing death threats to people for their opinions. I'm not defending Nazis, I wouldnt mind seeing them all lost in a jungle or something. But when we start accepting that SOME violence, threats and so on are acceptable we open the door for people to go "Well, why stop there?". And let's be honest, people threaten one another over faaaar less offensive opinions as it is. We shouldn't normalize it but that's exactly what's happening. Radical feminists for example use this method to ruin mens lives. They target them with false accusations, bully them, threaten them, DDOS them and call their employers to have them fired. One such case became a legal battle for a man in Canada. People who think they're doing the right thing tend to be the ones that go to the most extreme lengths and take the most offensive measures in their percieved rigtheous crusade against what they deem unworthy, be they feminists, nazis, communists or what have you.
    Is that the kind of world you want to foster and promote? Where instead of going onto a proper platform, we pitifully attack peoples lives? I sure as hell don't want that.

Deal with ignorance not with more hate and violence, because that only justifies the ignorant in their own eyes. Nor should we be complacent and indifferent to toxic, violent behavior no matter whom it comes from. That's why we have a democratic system. If you feel your argument and point of view is superior, you will have no trouble arguing for it. A racist or a nazi won't change because you bash their face. They're filled with ignorance, hate and prejudice and all of those are helped with knowledge, insight and experience.
    If you feel you are above them, then don't lower yourself to their behavior of violence.

It's about leading by example. To be the better person. To be respectful, proper and democratic no matter how dumb someones opinion is, because the alternative is a stepping stone to violent anarchy. Because if YOU aren't being respectful and democratic, then why should THEY? Violence begets violence.
    Last edited by Noomz; 2017-08-14 at 02:44 PM.

The fact you're just deliberately misrepresenting what I've been saying just completely disqualifies you from this discussion.
    You asked for reasons, I gave you some.

If you disagree with someone, but have common ground against a common enemy, you're likely to associate yourself with them if you're pushed enough
    So, it's just a coincidence that the people who were accused of being Nazis found solace with actual Nazis, and many of the became Nazis in the process? That's a pretty big coincidence.

I would have said, "I don't like liberals, but I'm sure as shit not going to be friends with Nazis." and called it a day. Oh wait, that is exactly what I did.

- - - Updated - - -

You have literally been doing the exact same thing.

Quite a sad state of affairs, BLM supporters murder 11 cops, demos continually defend their hate groups like it was somehow justified. Republicans don't agree with democrats and all republicans are labeled as racist/sexist/bigots because they voted for Trump. Now an extreme right protest that most republicans don't want any association with runs over an anti protester and again ALL republicans are being labeled as Nazi/White nationalist sympathizers.

Mull that over for a minute and see if you can find the hypocrisy and prejudice. By all means continue down your path and you will end up with another civil war. Or take a step back and look at the whole situation.

There a many people on the left center and right center such as myself who are being lumped into these far right and far left groups because of political affiliation, at some point you're going to push these people to the extreme sides you claim they are part of. Both extreme sides are fueling the fire with anti poc, anti immigrant, anti white bullshit. If you can't see that both sides are guilty of this crap then you're part of the problem too

Deleted
    People are responsible for their own actions. I sure as shit didn't vote for Trump, so maybe you should ask the people who did.
    Only Trump is responsible for his actions.

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    While I agree "muslims" have a faith that is counter to anything America "is", are you seriously saying most muslims were on the side of the terrorist's? Just trying to figure out if we need to throw comments from you directly in the trash or not.
    No, not saying that. You've read into something that isn't there.

Just wanted to show Illana as the terrorist sympathiser they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    I get this logic, it's just like how America brought 9/11 on itself. The muslims felt backed into a corner and with America's history of holding them down their only option was to become terrorists. Right?
    That's everyone's usual explanation for terrorism. If America and Europe didn't mess up their country and encourage hate against Islamic terrorists, they would eventually give up and stop killing people.

I'm not gonna pretend to have empathy for someone that mows down a bunch of shoppers. But this scenario would be playing out differently if it wasn't a Nazi that committed a terrorist attack.

Deleted
    Yeah honestly, who wants these people working in their business.

But on the other side of things, being unemployed might radicalize them even more/faster.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Yeah honestly, who wants these people working in their business.
    Me, couldn't care. Unless their political opinion affects me as the customer/employer. Same as commies working on multinationals, for "the man".