Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    They could easily go with the Worgen route, have a starting zone where Naga get semi cured from the curse so that they have night elf form and Naga form. In night elf form they can wear anything they want. Done.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    "We" is referring to the majority.

It's pretty obvious, in a very logical, common sense way, that the majority of people who want Naga want Naga as they have always been depicted for the past 15 years. Yes, most races and additions to the game get "tweaks" adding legs to Naga is not a tweak, it is getting rid of their defining characteristic. Naga are not the only reptilian race in the game, they are not the only aquatic race in the game. What makes Naga, Naga is having the tail.

Yes, I'm sure that there are some people (including you, I guess) out there who would be okay with some bizarre, completely different looking race that lacks the most fundamental feature of the Naga: But at that point I have to ask: Why even bother adding it? How is it "something you like" being put in when you aren't even adding Naga anymore, you're just attaching that name to a brand new race (or realistically, what is basically just a small, slim Drakonid). Are Drakonids the thing you like that you want to be put in? Then please ask for Drakonids, not for them to severely alter the characteristics of a race many want to be in the game as that race.
    I don't think the majority of circlejerk(rude connotation removed) threads counts, otherwise, we'd have had tinkers in 2008.

I think you put way too much importance on the tail. It isn't so fundamental as to make the Naga unrecognizable without it. They're still (1)Night Elves that are (2)cursed, (3)aquatic, (4)scaly, (5)frilly, and (6)blue-green. It seems like you're just taking an all or nothing purist stance that would have kept tons of stuff already introduced into the game out. Stop thinking like a fan and more like a dev.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    no they arent, that was ghostcrawlers personal opinion.
    No, that was the general consensus of the team as he was the community rep at the time. He wasn't asked if he personally disliked it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    they will never add naga with legs, people who want naga, want regular old naga and most would prefer them not be added at all to them making up some naga that have legs to be playable.

why even add naga with legs when they could add dragonspawn or saurok, the entire draw of naga is their unique silhouette.
    People didn't want female Worgen to look like pissed off chihuahuas either, but it happened.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Koochulu View Post
    The naga have tails they use to be their lower half. Theoretically, they "could" wear pants. But there's zero possibility they could ever wear boots. Blizzard just won't do this. Any new race will be bipedal.

Stop your nonsense.
    Give this man a cake pls

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalham View Post
    They could easily go with the Worgen route, have a starting zone where Naga get semi cured from the curse so that they have night elf form and Naga form. In night elf form they can wear anything they want. Done.
    Or maybe they just sprout a tail when they go in water like the movie Splash? It's their racial "Swim speed increased by X percent and your true aquatic form is revealed".
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

"Guys, worgen can't wear any armour pieces - they're even less likely than naga!" - someone during Wrath, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    No, that was the general consensus of the team as he was the community rep at the time. He wasn't asked if he personally disliked it.
    yes he was

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caaethil View Post
    "Guys, worgen can't wear any armour pieces - they're even less likely than naga!" - someone during Wrath, probably.
    "there cant be good eredar, eredar are so evil they corrupted sargeras"
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Here is a list of things I have been told would never happen, going back to when I first started playing in vanilla:

Horde will never have paladins/Alliance will never have shaman.
    Goblins/Worgen/Pandaren will never be a playable race.
    Demon Hunters will never be a playable class.
    Blizzard will never sell in-game items for money.
    Blizzard will never revamp old zones for flying.
    Blizzard will never make every spec available for every class.
    Blizzard will never give a class more than three specs.

And, just for fun:
    The max level cap for the game is 100.

You'll excuse me if I don't nod in vigorous agreement about something in the game that will never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    You'll excuse me if I don't nod in vigorous agreement about something in the game that will never happen.
    Maybe we should all agree that they'll never do it. Blizzard seems to take it as a challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Maybe we should all agree that they'll never do it. Blizzard seems to take it as a challenge.
    Possibly, though I personally would break rank in favor of Nerubians if we're going that route.

it's very impressive how some people creat fake problems like skin issues!!! boots and pants is not a big deal, they can be invisible or replaced by tails socket or whatever. Loot at the helm for DH they automatically cover the eyes if the player is a DH and not if the played is Drood/monk/rogue. bliz can totally do a thing like that for nagas tails

for the mount i remember a loOOOong time ago on vanillia beta when players spoke about mount and Tauren "tey are too big" "a cow on a horse so ridiculous" " they should have a mount forme and run faster" blizz can imagine tons of possibilities

I am not Sur blizz will add new race/s for the next addon but if they do and if the undersea nazjatar / DTA and void content is confirmed they are great candidats!! they can be a dissident faction like the illidari one. the other are etherians (lot of new lore/ faction and skin whit them on Argus).
    Last edited by Niaraa; 2017-08-14 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    Nagas are old god related and are ALL enemies. Theres NO good naga anywhere.
    Aside from the fact that it is already disproven in lore, tell that to pre-cata worgen

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mean to piss on anyone's parade but why do people want Naga as a playable race? They are ugly and it doesn't make any sense. Why would a water dwelling creature surface to join the horde? I can understand defectors of them joining a capital city near the water. Potentially to help against whatever threat.

Ogre's make more sense to me. Any humanoid race makes sense. Hell, I could see Dragonkin being a race before Naga. The effort the art/design (whoever) would have to go through for each armor set would be ridiculous. They'd have to make sure every piece would fit and stretch right. To a scale higher than Tauren and Draenei.

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    And I'm telling you that the only way Naga become playable is if they retcon some tribe that have betrayed Azshara and thus rejected the old God's gift. They'll be reptile humanoids like every other fantasy game. Legs, scales, tails, one set of arms for the females. Snake people not riding side-saddle and looking ridiculous. You aren't getting a non-humanoid race despite what shitty drawing people post.

Further, Blizzard is against another neutral race.
    you mean the ones that joined illidan and are part of the illidari, the coilfang, bloodscale, darkcrest, wrathfin, and coilskar naga...
    like seriously, how do you not know this? http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Illidan%27s_Naga
    also they can exist with no legs, no one has come up with a good argument as to why not yet

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Furytime View Post
    I don't mean to piss on anyone's parade but why do people want Naga as a playable race? They are ugly and it doesn't make any sense. Why would a water dwelling creature surface to join the horde? I can understand defectors of them joining a capital city near the water. Potentially to help against whatever threat.

Ogre's make more sense to me. Any humanoid race makes sense. Hell, I could see Dragonkin being a race before Naga. The effort the art/design (whoever) would have to go through for each armor set would be ridiculous. They'd have to make sure every piece would fit and stretch right. To a scale higher than Tauren and Draenei.
    idk if you know.. but they dont NEED water...
    Idk if you know but dwarves dont NEED dirt...
    idk if you know but night elves dont NEED trees

get the point?

also fury time idk if you know... but they have to make sure every piece would fit and strech right on EVERY MODEL naga arnt just some special snowflake who all of a sudden have issues. idk if you know but naga have worn armor ingame since day 1

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    Nagas are old god related and are ALL enemies. Theres NO good naga anywhere.
    except they arnt
    http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Illidan%27s_Naga

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    Here is a list of things I have been told would never happen, going back to when I first started playing in vanilla:

Horde will never have paladins/Alliance will never have shaman.
    Goblins/Worgen/Pandaren will never be a playable race.
    Demon Hunters will never be a playable class.
    Blizzard will never sell in-game items for money.
    Blizzard will never revamp old zones for flying.
    Blizzard will never make every spec available for every class.
    Blizzard will never give a class more than three specs.

And, just for fun:
    The max level cap for the game is 100.

im sorry it was "the max level is 99" because people said the game was hard coded to not allow levels to hit 3 digits.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandise View Post
    I don't think the majority of circlejerk(rude connotation removed) threads counts, otherwise, we'd have had tinkers in 2008.

I think you put way too much importance on the tail. It isn't so fundamental as to make the Naga unrecognizable without it. They're still (1)Night Elves that are (2)cursed, (3)aquatic, (4)scaly, (5)frilly, and (6)blue-green. It seems like you're just taking an all or nothing purist stance that would have kept tons of stuff already introduced into the game out. Stop thinking like a fan and more like a dev.
    when you get a snake, and you chop off its tail and replace it with a body, it is no longer a snake, it is a lizard.
    so stop trying to speak for the community saying "in reality the community wouldent care if they just gave them legs" no, that ruins the whole point!

The naga have tails they use to be their lower half. Theoretically, they "could" wear pants. But there's zero possibility they could ever wear boots. Blizzard just won't do this. Any new race will be bipedal.

Stop your nonsense.
    As far as i can tell, the only thing Naga have an issue with that MIGHT impede their acceptance as a new race is their interaction with mounts.
    Even then, I've seen a graphic that shows their tail coiled to create pseudo legs when sitting. The tail drapes over one side, and then coils up, under the Naga and down the other side of the mount.

Not sure how it would look in game, but even if it didn't work out like that, there are other solutions that have been suggested or Blizzard could tie the solution into a racial. Not shapeshifting but something else.

As it is - Naga and Ogres are the two races that seem most likely to be the Hordes next race. I really don't want another neutral race either, not after the Pandaren. Nice look and animations but they were just so bland and flavourless to me and I blame that on trying to appeal to both factions. I don't think it worked. Another neutral race will have to work far harder and be much better developed I think.

Stop your nonsense.
    I mean, I agree with you - but then I look at what passes for "boots" on worgen and I think maybe Blizzard doesn't care that much after all.

I'd say that i have seen some threads called "Stop the Demon Hunter playable dream" a couple of years ago. Demolocks and all that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    im sorry it was "the max level is 99" because people said the game was hard coded to not allow levels to hit 3 digits.
    I'm not sure if I remember hearing that one. I probably did at some point, but I definitely remember the 100 argument before WoD was announced because people were insisting it HAD to be another 5-level expansion so they could get more expansions out before hitting the 100 cap. Possibly 99 was in that mix too I just don't remember.

I'm just sad we'll never have Pandaren, because China.

when you get a snake, and you chop off its tail and replace it with a body, it is no longer a snake, it is a lizard.
    so stop trying to speak for the community saying "in reality the community wouldent care if they just gave them legs" no, that ruins the whole point!
    I'm not trying to speak on anyone's behalf at all.
    In fact, I was questioning an implication that someone was speaking on behalf of an unsubstantiated, undefined, and unagreed upon community with the word "we", and I don't really appreciate you trying to put words in my mouth either. If not, I'd love for you to show me the post where I said "in reality the community wouldent care if they just gave them legs"

Otherwise, I'd love to discuss the Naga with you, step by step, so we could find out where and why we agree/disagree.

Actually, we had both. Your kind was easily disproven since the client has always been able to go up to 255, the others insisted it would end at 100 because apparently there's some iron-clad rule that no RPG can go beyond 100. Except all those that do, many of which already existed before WoW. Hell, i know games that predate WoW that have caps going into quadruple digits.