Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    What i found hilarious is that these brain donors went out and got store bought torches, and TIKI torches of all things, rather than show that extra initiative and make them themselves. One would think that an "organization" with their history would be good at making torches, still being stuck in the stone age and what.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    This is stupid, should Hanes denounce those who wear their underwear, Nike for those who wore their shoes? Durlex for those who wear condoms while screwing their sister? Just kidding, I am sure they don't wear a condom.
    However interesting it is that you defend these torch carriers... no, this isn't stupid. It's going to hurt their sales when their products are associated with right-wing groups that hate minorities. They have to disavow it to keep somewhat of a decent image. It's just a business move.

10+ Year Old Account
    My thought was more along the line of you're a damn fool if you think someone uses a brand for something negative that the brand supports said negative thing.

It would be like Dodge having to announce they are against running over protesters because people got pissed at them that some nut job used their car to do it.

Like I said, common sense thinking.

That's the damn truth right there.
    I am sure Dodge would, and while I understand the argument you are using, it's why you are using the argument that I question. I also don't know why the fuck Car Companys sell a shitty Lincoln with Mathew McConaughey having a nervous break down and talking to himself in the back seat laughing like a maniac, or taking a swim in what looks like an expensive suit.

But in the grand scheme of things, what Tiki is doing in light of recent events, is a lot more positive than negative.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

The Tiki company wouldn't have to make a post like this if it weren't for the Outrage Brigade. Because they know these idiots will find a way to associate racism and tiki toches, they're trying to get ahead of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I don't think i was even thinking about the brand of their stuff when they were marching down the street calling people niggers.
    Exactly. TIKI is just looking for free publicity with this. Unless TIKI was to buy an ad and say we make the best torches, even the KKK uses them!!, then anyone with a brain is going to assume they have nothing to do with those people, and likely do not approve of their message, and they just happened to be using their torches (assuming any normal person could even tell they were using a TIKI brand torch)

wow, it's almost like its super easy to denounce these people, who knew?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    wow, it's almost like its super easy to denounce these people, who knew?
    Except for the president.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    Except for the president.
    Monkeys have limited vocabulary.
    They only know great words, the best and most terrific words.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by MFDOOM View Post
    However interesting it is that you defend these torch carriers... no, this isn't stupid. It's going to hurt their sales when their products are associated with right-wing groups that hate minorities. They have to disavow it to keep somewhat of a decent image. It's just a business move.
    I am not defending torch carriers, you fail at reading comprehension, I merely making fun of people who think when someone uses a brand in a negative way that the brand condones said action.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    I am sure Dodge would, and while I understand the argument you are using, it's why you are using the argument that I question. I also don't know why the fuck Car Companys sell a shitty Lincoln with Mathew McConaughey having a nervous break down and talking to himself in the back seat laughing like a maniac, or taking a swim in what looks like an expensive suit.

But in the grand scheme of things, what Tiki is doing in light of recent events, is a lot more positive than negative.
    Again, not faulting Tiki for putting their statement out there, I am saying it's sad they even have to do it because retarded people think Tiki condones said actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Exactly. TIKI is just looking for free publicity with this. Unless TIKI was to buy an ad and say we make the best torches, even the KKK uses them!!, then anyone with a brain is going to assume they have nothing to do with those people, and likely do not approve of their message, and they just happened to be using their torches (assuming any normal person could even tell they were using a TIKI brand torch)
    Apparently, many people don't understand how "association" and "impressions" work. The company is trying to get ahead of this, and they can't be blamed for trying.

Honestly thats kind of stupid. I dont think anyone would think they did. Like do jeans companies have to apologise because they were wearing pants too? It feels like a strange 'covering our asses' all companies did after the post 2000 boom of "im going to sue the shit out of you" culture that developed into the modern 'because my feelings were hurt your job is forfeit' mindset.

I mean i know gen tumblr can do some fucking astounding leaps of mental gymnastics but was anyone assuming a goddamn tiki torch maker was pro nazi? anyone at all?

7+ Year Old Account
    Does anybody really think the tiki brand support white nationalists?

I mean, what's next, does every kitchen utensil need to apologize next? Or Clothing manufactures?

This is stupid, should Hanes denounce those who wear their underwear, Nike for those who wore their shoes? Durlex for those who wear condoms while screwing their sister? Just kidding, I am sure they don't wear a condom.
    Give it a few more days lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzyorcborne View Post
    What i found hilarious is that these brain donors went out and got store bought torches, and TIKI torches of all things, rather than show that extra initiative and make them themselves. One would think that an "organization" with their history would be good at making torches, still being stuck in the stone age and what.
    Yeah the kkk are normally better at marketing themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliandal View Post
    Apparently, many people don't understand how "association" and "impressions" work. The company is trying to get ahead of this, and they can't be blamed for trying.
    I think our arguments are more inline of, it's sad they even have to do it because people are stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    There used to be a clothing brand used by Skinheads, it got used so much by them that it began almost exclusively worn by that type of people and people would actually not buy it for that reason.

While torches are not an every day item, i can see why a company is quick to distance themselves from it and not let people assume anything.

Are clothing brands going to follow up next?

I suppose they think people are too stupid to use logic and have to be told as such.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not defending torch carriers, you fail at reading comprehension, I merely making fun of people who think when someone uses a brand in a negative way that the brand condones said action.
    Ok

Again, not faulting Tiki for putting their statement out there, I am saying it's sad they even have to do it because retarded people think Tiki condones said actions.
    Ok but did they decide to do this because of a handful of crackpots, easily offended or not, or is this like Go Daddy they sought to get ahead of this, or maybe even use this as corporations do.

Sure make fun all you want, I am just pointing out just like supporting the troops or what not I question the motives of those who claim so vocally their support, but hell all in all it's better to stand with those who deserve it, and abandon those that deserve it also.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Does anybody really think the tiki brand support white nationalists?

I mean, what's next, does every kitchen utensil need to apologize next? Or Clothing manufactures?
    Well when you have guys like Richard Spence trolling shit like Depeche Mode is the official Music of Alt-Right, or New Balance is not the shoe of the Aryan Brotherhood, UH Yeah maybe.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Am I the only person that find it more hilarious and ironic that a bunch of white nationalists are using tiki torches?
    I guess they are easy to handle and easy to light.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

The tiki business does not support racism, and if it did it would be bad business. SO it is unethical. Good for them to state they do not support the behavior we have been seeing in media, and not side with groups who put people down based on race, color, and etc.