10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Livnthedream View Post
    Communists and Fascists literally fighting in the streets. Sure does feel like the 20's all over again!
    I never saw any communists out there. Or any sickles and stars, or any stalin propaganda.

Sure saw a lot of swastikas, nazi flags, nazi salutes and Hitler motto's, though.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Because when the topic is an entire religion, we're trying to discourage bigotry and hatred toward all members of that religion - or even people that look like they might be that religion! - partially because it's just not in line with our values as a nation, and partly because that level of alienation can cause radicalization.

If someone identifies as a Nazi, they're already saying, "Hey, I identify with a group known specifically for hate, violence, bigotry, and other unsavory things." so there's not really the issue of, "Lets not alienate the nice Nazis!"
    So why don't we imprison ISIS sympathizers when we probably want to start arresting anyone caught sympathizing with this terrorist group?

I'm legit confused what kind of hatred is going to fly here on out. These people are disgusting, but I don't think copying their tactic of randomly beating them in the street will win long term.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangewayes View Post
    "If you aren't with us you're against us"

How interesting.
    "If you stand with Nazism, you stand against America"

How's that for you?
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I agree, the left and the right extremest are getting more extreme and vocal, I guess we will see more violence like t his in the future.
    Yes, the center is getting to be smaller and smaller. The scariest part I think is the way both sides look at anyone who hasn't "picked a side". Most of my viewpoints aligned on the liberal side of things but I have a couple of conservative viewpoints as well. Extremists I know dislike that perspective...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    So why don't we imprison ISIS sympathizers when we probably want to start arresting anyone caught sympathizing with this terrorist group?

I'm legit confused what kind of hatred is going to fly here on out. These people are disgusting, but I don't think copying their tactic of randomly beating them in the street will win long term.
    It's the difference between a domestic threat and a foreign threat.

Do you even understand how 9/11 influenced the Iraq war? Do you even know how Americans work? They respond to things on their soil because they could give a fuck about the shit world outside their border.

I'm sure when ISIS is marching on Charlottesville with their flags and their salutes and their sayings, we can have the same discussion about them. Until then? Good luck making Americans care about issues that have so little to do with America when we have fucking Nazis roaming in our streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    ANTIFA didn't kill anyone. BLM hasn't killed anyone.

A 20 year old Nazi cuck from Ohio killed a woman in another state. He traveled across state lines to commit a grotesque act of murder. ANTIFA protests and BLM movements had mostly locals in their ranks. This race rally in Charlottesville? The majority of people at that place were out of state, coming into state PREPARED with paramilitary outfits and riot gear.

You cannot blame this on anything else other than white supremacy, nationalists and Nazis. Nice try, though.
    Really, are you going to go with "Leftists are obviously always correct and never commit violence, Right Wings are dumb and prone to violence" please, this is nothing more than the I am right you are wrong partisan-speak.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/investigations...420965933.html

Quote Originally Posted by zhero View Post
    its not applauding to acknowledge that when you try to silence people for wrong-think that you are going to push them to more extremes
    I think it is more complex than that. The David Dukes of the world were around long before intersectional leftism really came to the fore. And there can be no doubt that with the election of Trump, Duke and his ilk feel empowered- they explicitly state this.

Does the actions of segments of the left fuel this fire? I think so. There are people on the far right who want a race war. They have been there for some time, and I need to say, you cannot blame the left for their existence. However, they can go to segments on the left and quote, without taking out of context, in all seriousness, pieces that show there are some on the left who are up for it too. The mantra of the intersectional left is that all straight white men are evil. You hear/see pieces making attacks on white people for being white, praising the declining birth rates of whites and the hope for white extinction, calls for restrictions on their rights, even physical attacks on them, by the more extremist elements, which are rarely, if ever, denounced by the more moderate left, people either concur, or act as apologists to shield them from criticism of their views (some just shut up out of fear). And these pieces don't just appear in fringe publications/sites.

When people do criticise these extremist messages, they are usually labelled as bigots. Or we see the usual "boo hoo, white male tears", as if it needs to reach the levels that white racists inflicted upon non whites for it to be bad. And in this regard, the intersectional left are no different from the white nationalists. They believe it is ok to attack people for their skin colour, and they promote segregation. This is great propaganda for the kind of groups we saw come out in Charlottesville. They can claim that whites are under attack, and sadly, can find sources to confirm that there are some groups who want this, who confirm the fears of the white supremacists. And in return, the intersectional left double down, and claim "See!! We told you all white men are evil!". We get this vicious cycle of two extremes fueling each others hatred of the other, with each utterance on either side turned into propaganda for their respective causes. The intersectional left propagandise things to reinforce their narrative of all straight white men are evil, and the white supremacists propagandise things to make it seem like there are colossal powers at work trying to destroy white people, and that they are indeed under attack.

So I think to claim that the left didn't have any hand in making this situation is wrong. However, to claim that it is all the fault of the left is equally wrong. Whilst they provide great propaganda material, and with some segments behaving in ways that make them utterly unappealing to people who would otherwise side with them, as I said earlier, the David Dukes of the world were always there. They didn't need the intersectional left to bring them into being. Their own ignorance, hatred and prejudice did that just fine. And it isn't as if all of those protesting against the white supremacists were solely of the intersectional left, who genuinely hate all straight white men. Any right minded person would be horrified by some of the scenes, swastikas and Nazi slogans on display, large groups carrying torches, these are scenes no one wanted to see again in the US, and I support anyone who doesn't want to see them repeated. We know where that kind of bigotry leads to, and we don't want to go down that road. Millions died to bring down that ideology, we don't want history to repeat itself.

And I think the job of defeating them would be easier if the intersectional left wasn't a thing. If left wing sites and publications, and public figures, got better at not spreading the intersectional left's message of hate, and moderating the loonies on this side, it would make it much easier to defeat this ideology.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    So not anything to do with violent behaviour nor Antifa at all in any way whatsoever, despite what you originally accused me of.
    He was 'defending' them as much as you were. GG!

It is almost like you are trying to tar him with a brush or something!

You get that threatening that you'll kill people doesn't make it okay to then actually start killing people, right? It just demonstrates premeditation.
    How many times is one allowed to be threatened before one takes action? Or do you not magically know how escalation works now? Is that why those of us telling 'you' to stop have fallen on deaf ears?

And knock off what "shit"? These were neo-Nazis and white nationalists, angry because there are black people and Mexicans and gays and so forth. Sorry that they're hateful shitheads, but the country isn't going to engage in genocide to avoid the possibility that they might try and kill people themselves. You can't be serious with this stuff.
    Some most certainly were, far from all. And trying to boil it down even that far shows that you are so ignorant of what it is you are 'fighting' that no wonder why you can't 'fix' it. If you don't understand something, shut the fuck up instead of blasting your opinion like you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    When have people refused to criticize radical Islamic groups? I've always seen folks quick to differentiate between them and normal Muslims, just as they are differentiating between Nazi's/KKK/white supremacists and normal conservatives.

You're arguing strawmen.
    Am I? I've been called a Nazi sympathizer, on this very thread and others, for stating that it's not okay to punch people doing a salute and that using the term "Action - Reaction" is wrong in this scenario - or that there is a large portion of these "Alt-Right" people, that are being labelled those same terms I mentioned before on a daily basis, that are merely edgy people on the Internet.

Still, go on ahead. Punch me and call me a nazi for those things above.

"If you stand with Nazism, you stand against America"

How's that for you?
    I support the Amercan rights for any group no matter how vile, to gather and protest. Without having a counter group show up to beat their heads in.

Does that make me a Nazi in your eyes?

7+ Year Old Account
    I support the Amercan rights for any group no matter how vile, to gather and protest. Without having a counter group show up to beat their heads in.

Does that make me a Nazi in your eyes?

Ok, what does that have to do with charlotte?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    And I think the job of defeating them would be easier if the intersectional left wasn't a thing. If left wing sites and publications, and public figures, got better at not spreading the intersectional left's message of hate, and moderating the loonies on this side, it would make it much easier to defeat this ideology.
    You had me up until you started using "intersectional" as a pejorative.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Awww too bad. You missed exactly the people you'd expect outting themselves as Nazis.
    I noted some familiar names... and a conspicuous lack of others. No surprises.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really, are you going to go with "Leftists are obviously always correct and never commit violence, Right Wings are dumb and prone to violence" please, this is nothing more than the I am right you are wrong partisan-speak.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/investigations...420965933.html
    You're going to say that, but link to an article about a guy joining the Black Panthers? Lmao, they are literally black Nazis (even paramilitary, lmao.)

You seem to be confusing leftist policy and ANTIFA. ANTIFA is not even left, dude. And I never even said "right wing" either. I said Nazis. I said white nationalists. I said the scum of the earth. You're the one that put those words in my mouth.

Go fuck yourself.

ANTIFA didn't kill anyone.
    They have tried, they just suck at it. No wonder why Communism always fails.

BLM hasn't killed anyone.
    You mean they haven't been charged, and the Media isn't pushing it. You know, cause [reasons].

A 20 year old Nazi cuck from Ohio killed a woman in another state. He traveled across state lines to commit a grotesque act of murder.
    Oh, you have proof that this guy planned to kill people? Cause if so you may want to contact the FBI!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Livnthedream View Post
    They have tried, they just suck at it. No wonder why Communism always fails.

You mean they haven't been charged, and the Media isn't pushing it. You know, cause [reasons].

Oh, you have proof that this guy planned to kill people? Cause if so you may want to contact the FBI!

Who has blm and antifa killed? I'll wait.

Why aren't we doing a thing to someone else that we're not doing to these people?

I just don't understand what the deal is with all the what if's and whataboutism. No one is going to go lock up anyone who identifies as a white supremacist.
    We locked up a lot of Japanese Americans before and people were dead certain Trump would pass laws to imprison Muslims. We apparently don't have a good track record with handling delicate situations involving large amounts of people and whether or not they back questionable to disgusting ideologies based on appearance.

And why "whataboutisms"? Because this is going to get far worse before it ever gets better. We are all going to be apart of something truly stupid and terrible. And I don't the American government would be ready for it without Trump being a ball and chain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    Get out of here. These inbred, uneducated morons in the US have nothing in common with the actual, historical Nazis. To try to claim these idiots have any ownership of the atrocities of German Nazis during WW2 is a load of horse shit. Just bullshit logic used to justify radical leftists assaulting people in the streets for having the wrong opinion.
    Lmao, okay. Cool. So you think that it only takes a lefty calling something a Nazi for it to actually be a Nazi? No, Nazism is a systematic ideology that stems from fascism, racism, authoritarianism and pure violence. Nothing on the left even comes close to representing that (Even if you want to call ANTIFA "leftists" lmao).

Just because these Nazis don't have the power they did in Germany doesn't mean that their shared hateful ideology is welcome here in America.

Go fuck yourself you Nazi sympathizer.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, go ahead and make the defense of this guy your hill to die on. That's a great plan. I'm sure his car was hacked by antifa or something.
    Yeah the brand new dodge challenger he got from his daddy's bank account got taken over by the evil ANTIFA guberment overlords. Next we will find out that all the Nazis actually have microchips in their brain that make them think about killing non-whites and the supremacy of the white race /s

[Infracted - Flaming]
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-08-14 at 05:59 PM.

You're going to say that, but link to an article about a guy joining the Black Panthers? Lmao, they are literally black Nazis (even paramilitary, lmao.)

You seem to be confusing leftist policy and ANTIFA. ANTIFA is not even left, dude.
    Oh so Antifa isn't left now. Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    But this is a public rally that people voluntarily went to. They're fair game and you're here saying, "Oh, but think of the poor Nazi's and white supremacists!" right now...

No, I am saying that you don't want these 'rules' applied evenly. Otherwise you will get a fuck of a lot more than the likes of Bahar Mustafa fired for being stupid.

Further, such responses like hers should show you why such groups are getting the 'support' as they are.