Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    I would say there is a good case to be made for Elisande given that her third death directly contributed to us getting our hands on the last Pillar, which is likely one of the five keys that turn the lock that ushers in N'zoth. But I don't really care for that direction personally and also would throw my bet in with Azeroth. That, and the theory that Azeroth is the one with the crater heart.
    I already forgot about nighthold, thanks for the reminder. My bet is still on azeroth because in the Magni scenario they say something about her heart
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Third death? when were the second and first?
    More of a defeat, but the way she turns time back to avoid death in the fight. We'd have to be going off cryptic non-literal meanings, like prophecies usually are.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Deleted
    It could still mean the Banshee Queen. The risen dead are often so twisted in the soul that they can barely be called the same as before. The third death could mean her third death as the Banshee Queen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
    It could still mean the Banshee Queen. The risen dead are often so twisted in the soul that they can barely be called the same as before. The third death could mean her third death as the Banshee Queen.
    it could, and it has about as much weight as pretty much every other thing the old god's have talked about. I personally believe it will be Azeroth because of her level of importance to the old gods.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Azeroth dies we lose.
    Stop saying azeroth.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    *points to Alleria* I don't think they need Sylvanas... They have a Windrunner who welcomed that side of the coin.

And has it been 100% confirmed that Varimathras says about Sylvanas in 7.3? It's still speculative till we know face to face what it is.

Also... Varimathras says that when the Alliance visit him. Why would Alliance want to know about Horde's inner betrayals??

Edit:
    Varimathras taunts Alliance
    Varimathras: So, your Alliance still endures. Longer than I expected, though she has already planted the seeds of its downfall. She is patient, that one.
    Varimathras: When your thrones run red with betrayal... when your holy places burn and the shattered mask hangs above your hearth... only then you will know. And it will be too late.
    Varimathras: It matters not. You are blind to the true darkness closing in around you.

Varimathras taunts Horde
    Varimathras: So, she found me at last. Sent her underlings to finish the job.
    Varimathras: Tell me, when she seized your throne of hides and bones, was your allegiance forced? No... I'd wager you surrendered it willingly... or were convinced you did.
    Varimathras: It matters not. You are blind to the darkness in your midst.
    Varimathras is talking about Sylvanas, obviously, in both cases.

"and the shattered mask hangs above your hearth" - shattered mask is the symbol of Forsaken. It being "hanged above the hearth" means literally being defeated, conquered, it speaks about Forsaken crushing Alliance. "She has planted the seeds of Alliance's downfall", "she is patient" - that's about Sylvanas, she is leader of Forsaken and that logically transitions into second sentence.

That Sylvanas is plotting to destroy Alliance is not surprising or weird... that Varimathras calls her "the true darkness", well, strong words for a demon. That he speaks about her comes especially obvious from the fact that he says "darkness in your midst" to the Horde. Sylvanas is a darkness amidst the Horde that is closing in around Alliance. Interesting.

Sylvanas "seized the throne", which we "surrendered willingly" Or we "were convinced we did". We? Rather Vol'jin, as that was his decision alone, others respected it. Is the theory about Vol'jin's idea to make Sylvanas Warchief come not from loa, as he thought, but from the Old Gods?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but chronologically, we don;t know any actions f Sylvanas after her failure to capture Eyir? She is not mentioned in Trial of Valor raid, she doesn't participate in Assault on Nighthold, and she doesn't appear on Broken Shore nor in Tomb of Sargeras. For Anduin, we got the cutscene of him retrieving Varian's sword. For Sylvanas, we got nothing. We have no idea what she's up to, or what is her plan towards Forsaken after the one with Eyir failed.

The "third death" must refer to Sylvanas. There is no other option.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    Azeroth dies we lose.
    Stop saying azeroth.
    death can be metaphorical
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ace94 View Post
    Old Gods taking over Azeroth and/or something to do with her core I would presume.
    Garrosh 2.0...?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    So I just had this idea. If this is about a future event, it might be someone who has not died three times yet, but has died twice and might be around.

So what if it IS Helya? She got killed by Odyn then again by us. Maybe Sylvanas' pact was a way for Helya to be brought back and she gets killed again to bring N'zoth or even worse, a Void Lord around.

Who else has died twice and has a chance of coming back and/or is back already?
    That is the idea everyone's been working with, yes. But you're being too literal. There is no reason to assume that the deaths have to be literal. This is a cryptic prophecy, not a clear textbook statement. It could be actual deaths, but it could easily be metaphorical ones. No one literally has a crater for a heart, not even Azeroth who literally has a crater in her. It does not have to be someone who has physically died even once, let alone twice or three times.
    give up dat booty
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Azeroth dies we lose.
    Stop saying azeroth.
    Draenor died, Argus died, yet the Orcs and Draenei are still around.

Draenei survived 2 planet deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post

Are you ignoring the void lords?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    You know the shattered mask is the forsaken racial symbol right?

- - - Updated - - -

Third death? when were the second and first?
    It is, but its the symbol for the Forsaken themselves, it also has arrows and a Raven on the backdrop underneath the mask that's shattered. As I said. It's speculative till confirmation.
    Considering it's quoted "your holy places burn", why not cities? Sylvanas has been about conquest, nothing in regards to holy - what's even Holy to Sylvanas? Her soul is probably the most evident now but nothing she's really done has been really to sustain just her mortality in the past. Only recently in desparation with Helya and trying to get at Eyir, even then, Stormheim isn't really special for Alliance or Horde particularly for Varimathras to taunt either side.
    For example her bid for conquest, taking Lordaeron wasn't exactly a holy pinnacle neither was Silverpine Forest, including trying to take Gilneas thanks to Garrosh.
    None of it was for some Holy cause. All of it wasn't for crafting a way round death itself if that's her Holy zen. A bit odd don't you think...? Sylvanas in no way has ever really needed to take out holy places. Nor really objectified anything really as "holy" including buildings and such. She even is inside the Light's Dawn Cathedral in Gilneas speaking of her next plagues rather than hissing at the building and what it represents.
    The Holy places I can think of that's relative, could be like Uther's Tomb, Stormwind's Cathedral, Light's Hope Chapel maybe Moonglade and such for including variations of context in "holy places"... But what gain does she have for burning "holy places"? She hasn't before for any gain.
    It could be a red herring for all we know. The mask still overlies a Raven which is also a Il'gynoth whisper of "The Lords of Ravens". Things aren't always apparent. You could cite they are differnt sides but... Sargeras talks of completing the circle as much as Il'gynoth idoes.
    Il'gynoth during his raid encounter speaks of the circloe nearly complete. Sargeras in 7.3 speaking to Aggramar speaks of the circle almost complete and to continue to torture the Titan Souls for his Dark Pantheon. See what that could imply if you look at other presented evidence in-game? Perhaps not as that is digressing.

That and Varimathras, is a dreadlord, a massive shit-stirrer. He may be trying to rouse everyone against Sylvanas to make her fall as that was his plan in the first place, to take Undercity and why we got the Battle of Undercity but he got his arse handed back to him. His failure to do so is why he's actually there to face once again.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-08-14 at 09:50 PM.

Are you ignoring the void lords?
    What the heck does that have to do with planets dying meaning we lost?

Do you really think blizzard isn't setting us up to fight the Void Lords?

10+ Year Old Account

Also, if it is Azeroth and the third death is actually the old gods corrupting her so a void lord can have her... yeah we do lose. So it's something we'd be working to protect against, not something that has to come to pass. Maybe the Raven Lord turns the key, N'zoth is unleashed, and if we don't stop him Azeroth falls and all the void is ushered in. We don't know what anything actually refers to, we can only speculate to the most likely.
    give up dat booty
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Also, if it is Azeroth and the third death is actually the old gods corrupting her so a void lord can have her... yeah we do lose. So it's something we'd be working to protect against, not something that has to come to pass. Maybe the Raven Lord turns the key, N'zoth is unleashed, and if we don't stop him Azeroth falls and all the void is ushered in. We don't know what anything actually refers to, we can only speculate to the most likely.
    That still doesn't change that it can happen though. Us losing does not mean we lost completely is my point.

Azeroth becoming corrupt doesn't mean we all suddenly die and WoW is over is what I'm trying to say, so it's completely irrelevant to say "That would be us losing, so it won't happen". Because if that was how things work, the Broken Shore wouldn't have happened in the first place, and Varian would still be alive.

10+ Year Old Account
    That still doesn't change that it can happen though. Us losing does not mean we lost completely is my point.

Azeroth becoming corrupt doesn't mean we all suddenly die and WoW is over is what I'm trying to say, so it's completely irrelevant to say "That would be us losing, so it won't happen". Because if that was how things work, the Broken Shore wouldn't have happened in the first place, and Varian would still be alive.
    I know, I'm just again pointing out that this whole thing is a cryptic prophecy and there is no reason to assume it's Blizz saying "THIS IS EVERYTHING THAT IS GONNA TOTALLY AND ACTUALLY HAPPEN."

Also I think the person you were responding to meant the void death of Azeroth which is not just corrupt, it's how the void would spill into this world and destroy everything. So even if that WAS the end, it can still be referred to in these whispers, it just doesn't mean it is about N'zoth being ushered in when "she" dies.
    give up dat booty
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

I know, I'm just again pointing out that this whole thing is a cryptic prophecy and there is no reason to assume it's Blizz saying "THIS IS EVERYTHING THAT IS GONNA TOTALLY AND ACTUALLY HAPPEN."
    Except Blizzard hasn't really been good for cryptic things when it comes to plot.

Their "crypticness" seems to be more along the lines of "Oh, we misled you into thinking it's x, while it's really y!! the rest is all true still though".

Side note, I just realized it was more of an additional tacked on point against Keeper, not arguing for Keeper's point that it can't be Azeroth. WHOOPS.

Deleted
    i think its metaphorical and involves Jaina.
    First "death" was the Death of Arthas.
    Second "death" was the bombing of Theramore.
    Third "death" is maybe Attack on Kul Tiras?

10+ Year Old Account
    Except Blizzard hasn't really been good for cryptic things when it comes to plot.

Their "crypticness" seems to be more along the lines of "Oh, we misled you into thinking it's x, while it's really y!! the rest is all true still though".
    Of course. But there are still many different interpretations of what each thing means, and what that means for how the story will go.
    give up dat booty
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Of course. But there are still many different interpretations of what each thing means, and what that means for how the story will go.
    I mean, it's possible absolutely nothing will happen at all from it.

Like Wrathion eating Lei Shen's heart.