Page 80 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Naah, there is nothing morally wrong about firing people for being a Nazi.

Last time we ignored Nazi's they annexed Sudetenland.
    While it is an extreme view, it is still arguably wrong to fire someone over their political views. Sure, now we do it with this planet's biggest assholes and murderers, but eventually lines will blur as they always do and someone will be fired for supporting Clinton over Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    Neo nazi is not just a blanket statement for racists and homophobes.
    I never said that, I simply chose to list a few, in my eyes, non-political traits belonging to neo-nazism. That doesn't mean every racist or homophobe is a neo-nazist. Don't read anything between the lines that isn't there.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    While it is an extreme view, it is still arguably wrong to fire someone over their political views. Sure, now we do it with this planet's biggest assholes and murderers, but eventually lines will blur as they always do and someone will be fired for supporting Clinton over Trump.
    Wanting to kill all Jews is not a political view.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Slippery slop. Dealing with neo Nazis is one thing, but how long will it be before just from some overly sensitive sjw calling ANYONE a Nazi for not sharing their viewpoint gets them fired for that alone?

- - - Updated - - -

Seems to be a growing trend on this forum these days.
    We'll deal with the slippery slope when we get there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    We'll deal with the slippery slope when we get there.
    Well we already know your take on that so its already past the mark.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Whilst they might deserve it, firing someone for speaking their opinion seems a little slippery slope.
    It's how liberals operate, suppressing freedom of speech. Look at facebook, twitter, endus, etc.

Yes lets take away their way to support themselves and hunt them... surely it won't end in violent destructive acts...

I swear you people are attempting to create the monster that will destroy you.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexilius View Post
    It's how liberals operate, suppressing freedom of speech. Look at facebook, twitter, endus, etc.
    Oh look, another person that doesn't understand freedom of speech.

This has nothing to do with free speech.

How will it end in violence and destruction?
    When those people pick up arms, the police will take them down.

They don't stand a chance.
    The only option they have is to become normal citizens and denounce this Nazi-bullshit.
    Have the police been doing that for either sides riots?

Don't get me wrong they should be but so far both groups have acted with impunity and given the numbers they have swelled to it is becoming a millitary matter more then something police are equiped to deal with.

Making a man who thinks the system is against him and taking away what little he has is going to end in violence.

Hell are you not a suppprter of not all muslims? Its bizzare to see you take this stance with a different group.

So you mean to say if you have a Company school or whatever and they said you are "faggot lowlife scum" that should pretty much die you would not fire them ? Yeah right that sounds about right. lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Have the police been doing that for either sides riots?

Don't get me wrong they should be but so far both groups have acted with impunity and given the numbers they have swelled to it is becoming a millitary matter more then something police are equiped to deal with.

Making a man who thinks the system is against him and taking away what little he has is going to end in violence.

Hell are you not a suppprter of not all muslims? Its bizzare to see you take this stance with a different group.
    Yes but for the most part there is only one side of these protests that bring their longrifles to the protests.....

Quote Originally Posted by Deianeira View Post
    So you mean to say if you have a Company school or whatever and they said you are "faggot lowlife scum" that should pretty much die you would not fire them ? Yeah right that sounds about right. lol

- - - Updated - - -

Yes but for the most part there is only one side of these protests that bring their longrifles to the protests.....
    There isn't and to be honest I am impressed that so far gun violence has not really been seen yet. I hope it never is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    So basically you have no real argument so you throw nonsensical hysterical comments out. Glad to see you've admitted to yourself you've lost the argument and you're done.

BLM are criminals. They strive for genocide as well.

That's a BLM leader right there. That's a TAME post of hers.
    1 post from 1 woman bud. That seems a few hundred/thousand short to make any sort of conclusion. One person's view doesn't mean much.

I'm as liberal as they come and I don't think people should lose their jobs for protesting unless:
    1. They are representing themselves as an employee or otherwise acting on behalf of the company.
    2. Their opinions affect their ability to perform their job.

We don't suppress freedom of speech, because kicking one off of Twitter isn't that. Twitter has a platform. It's theirs. They do not have to allow anyone to use it to spread ideas counter to their philosophy. It's the same thing as a person trying to set up a soap box on my front porch. I'm not suppressing their free speech if I tell them to go away and speak somewhere else. It's not my fault if my lawn is the best and has access to the most other lawns in listening range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes lets take away their way to support themselves and hunt them... surely it won't end in violent destructive acts...

I swear you people are attempting to create the monster that will destroy you.
    Or it could keep this hateful minority as a minority as it will act as a deterrent to join such a movement.

When far-left starts killing people in terrorist attacks you can tag me and we can continue this talk.

Not this shit again.
    Muslims are not on the same level as Nazi's.
    Nazi's are more comparable to ISIS, whereas Muslims are more like the entire rightwing.
    You don't see anyone here blaming the entire rightwing over this. They are just blaming the extremists, the Nazi's and white supremacists.
    And we're not alone in that, other right-wingers are denouncing them just as hard.

That same bullshit argument has been made a dozen times for each of those threads.
    We not counting the guy who killed the wrong person when trying to assassinate trump?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Or it could keep this hateful minority as a minority as it will act as a deterrent to join such a movement.
    Yes push it into the shadows... nothing bad will happen then. Worked for post world one germany.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    I can be pretty racist. I make racist jokes and I've no problem with casual racism, even on my part. But I suppose you refer to something else?
    Your comparisons are ludicrous and frankly insulting. I haven't feigned ignorance about anything. You are ascribing me traits and ideas that I don't have and that I haven't expressed.

They are opinions, wether you like them or not is irrelevant to their definition.
    Yes, according to you that is the right thing to do. According to them it isn't. Neither of you is more right than the other. Morality is subjective and so is the definition of right and wrong. Throughout history, racism has been a norm more than once. I wish I could describe it better to you but my words fail me. What is right and what is wrong is generally defined by the majority and maintained through social conditioning and heritage.
    I can only try and convince you over to my side of the argument, but in the end it's up to you to decide what you think. I just hope to convince you that violence is not something we want to normalize if we wish to be able to properly and freely express ourselves. That's what democracy is about. Perhaps you are young, so you are more passionate and thus won't agree with my less emotional and more detached point of view.

But in general to maintain democracy and everyone's freedom you will want to disarm and disapprove things that are divisive, such as racism. So in that sense, combating racism is the correct thing to do. But you don't do so with violence. Racism is ignorance and you fix ignorance with education and insight. Of course, a few people will always be uh...ignorant, even willfully so, but hating them or being violent with them won't fix squat.

Truly, in the extreme of it, our opinions are irrelevant and meaningless. But that's a deeply philosphical hole we should perhaps avoid for now.
    You're playing semantic games. It's pretty simple. You're pretending they're "just opinions" when they aren't. Being racist isn't comparable to having a favorite color. Being racist isn't comparable to liking chocolate ice cream better than you like vanilla ice cream. Being racist isn't comparable to preferring liberal ideals versus conservative ones. You're acting as if all opinions have the same weight, the same merit, and should be respected as "just an opinion" in the same way. That's about as far from objective reality as you can get. It's intentionally deceitful. So no, I absolutely will not consider a racist as someone with a different opinion than me. I will not tolerate it. I will not respect their belief. And I'm happy to see the social ramifications of their choices coming back to bite them in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    It's not wrong to fire someone over their pro-nazi/pro-white supremacist views. You don't want them having money. You don't want them having power. If they have either of those things, they can effect change with regards to their ideology. This is civilization shaming those individuals. This is what's supposed to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Ohshit Endus is as prominent as Facebook and Twitter? I can't wait til he goes public, I'd buy me some shares.

We not counting the guy who killed the wrong person when trying to assassinate trump?

- - - Updated - - -

Yes push it into the shadows... nothing bad will happen then. Worked for post world one germany.
    Nazis are getting shunned and discounted. Not a bad thing. And the Nazis weren't around in WWI, but... putting them back in their box worked wonders for post WWII Germany. In fact, I'd hazard that ignoring them and letting them spew their garbage all over the place ultimately led to a couple million folk getting seasoned and cooked. So, fuck em. If they get too bitchy, they'll get put back in time out just like last time.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

I don't see a problem with this, Freedom of Speech is not Freedom from Consequence.